Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Traf's Geegeez Stat Of The Day

Traf

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I check all the cards daily, so it's no mither.

Here's my thoughts on Hereford:

6.10: Captain Brown is the most likely winner, but he's 11/8 at best.

Compton Blue is interesting at 12/1 E/W won :D

6.40: I'd have backed Inch Rover at 5/2, but he's now a non-runner. Art History should win, but he's even money, odds on in places. I'd take a punt at 7/1 shot Hightown (E/W if you like) 2nd :D

7.10: Very open affair here, you could make a case for 7 or 8 of them if you tried. However I'll take Kahsabelle (15/2 E/W) non-runner and Another Kate unplaced (4th) to beat the rest.

7.40: Should be straight fight between the top 2 in the market: Forty Five (11/4) won : top weight, but champion jockey and Overlaw (9/2). Nobody is still able to ride a finish like McCoy and I think he'll get home. Possible reverse forecast here.

8.10: Jolly Roger (13/8 ) won looks to complete 5 wins on the bounce, but a combination of a stronger field and a 7lb penalty might might undo him. Instead I like the look of Acapulco Bay (10/1 E/W) 5th or Dukes Art (15/2 E/W) 7th to overturn the form guide

8.40: Betty Browneyes (6/1) would have been my pick here, but is now a non-runner. It's not the best of races, so I'll take two longer-priced horses to make the frame: Turbo Shandy (10/1) 7th and Escardo (16/1) fell.

9.10: Shit race. Inadequately short distance of 1m 5f IMO. But there has to be a winner!

I'd take a tentative punt on Woodacre at 3/1 to take this won, with my longshot being Smart Agent at 14/1 E/W 4th.

Edited by Traf

Cheers Traf. I'd identified Another Kate this morn and all being well in the paddock I would expect that to be my primary bet for the night. Betty Browneyes and Inch Rover were two of my other pick amongst the non-runners. Captain Brown is a short priced favourite quite easily opposed in the opener I think. May look to Butler.

Shall report back.

PPS I hope I have more joy with these than I did with the sack of utter shit I sent CWP at the weekend.

they weren't great this time that's true, but other times before you've done me proud. Rough with smooth and all that. :good:

I check all the cards daily, so it's no mither.

Here's my thoughts on Hereford:

6.10: Captain Brown is the most likely winner, but he's 11/8 at best.

Compton Blue is interesting at 12/1 E/W won :D

6.40: I'd have backed Inch Rover at 5/2, but he's now a non-runner. Art History should win, but he's even money, odds on in places. I'd take a punt at 7/1 shot Hightown (E/W if you like) 2nd :D

7.10: Very open affair here, you could make a case for 7 or 8 of them if you tried. However I'll take Kahsabelle (15/2 E/W) and Another Kate to beat the rest.

7.40: Should be straight fight between the top 2 in the market: Forty Five (11/4): top weight, but champion jockey and Overlaw (9/2). Nobody is still able to ride a finish like McCoy and I think he'll get home. Possible reverse forecast here.

8.10: Jolly Roger (13/8 ) looks to complete 5 wins on the bounce, but a combination of a stronger field and a 7lb penalty might might undo him. Instead I like the look of Acapulco Bay (10/1 E/W) or Dukes Art (15/2 E/W) to overturn the form guide

8.40: Betty Browneyes (6/1) would have been my pick here, but is now a non-runner. It's not the best of races, so I'll take two longer-priced horses to make the frame: Turbo Shandy (10/1) and Escardo (16/1).

9.10: Shit race. Inadequately short distance of 1m 5f IMO. But there has to be a winner!

I'd take a tentative punt on Woodacre at 3/1 to take this, with my longshot being Smart Agent at 14/1 E/W.

A good group of choices, not all of which I followed! Every penny went on the short priced favourite and the second fav in the opener, including mine. Compton Blue was a good 8/1 winner. In the 6.40 I took a forecast, in which I correctly assessed that Hightown would finish second, but the 5/4 clear favourite never figured whatsoever. Mythical Warrior under McCoy overcame a sidewards lurch at the off which left him 12 lenghts behind, so maybe a horse to look out for, though a winner here in a moderate field. Another Kate was well backed and ran prominently without really threatening. I had another forecast in the 7.40 as McCoy's was an all too obvious pick especially once it had been backed in to even money, but as it turned out Overlaw stunk the house out. A speculative small bet on Acapulco Bay came to naught too as the favourite won easily despite, I thought, having a lot of reasons for opposition, but I pulled it back by picking winners in the last two, taking 5/2 on a winner that went off at 13/8, then another success with a 7/2 pick which went off 11/4 clear favourite. In amongst all that I picked out the impressive Fire Lily in the 6.25 at Leopardstown, so I'm claiming 3 for 8 for the night!

Can't say it's the most picturesque course, Hereford, but the best viewing course I've been to yet, I think.

I backed Compton Blue at 12/1, Hightown at 7/1, Forty Five at 11/4 and Woodacre at 3/1, all of which returned more than enough money to cover my longshot punts!

A happy evening's work, all told.

My day at York was considerably better than my SotD!

Especially as the one I was going to put up (Crackentorp) won at 10/1, but I was swayed from oputting it as SotD due to fears about the going.

No after-timing here, because I didn't back it!

Anyway's Sunday's is an interesting looking one at a good price! http://www.geegeez.co.uk/stat-of-the-day-17th-june-2012/

howdo traf,

dont normally do gambling but was speaking to a commentator last week who told me to bet on a horse called gatewood in the 4.25 at ascot friday .........yay or nay? what odds please ?

Yay, very much so.

As for the price: not sure what you'd get until tomorrow: might be too short to represent any real value though.