Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley 2 Wanderers 3

waffer cup 07

Anyone else's come up about these rail replacement buses between Doncaster and Goole/Scunthorpe? no good with trains so a little help please? it doesn't mention them on the way but does on the way back. Looking at going from oxford road to sheffield to barnsley on the way and then its saying barnsley to meadowhall to manchester picc on the way back, help?

• Moderators

Anyone else's come up about these rail replacement buses between Doncaster and Goole/Scunthorpe? no good with trains so a little help please? it doesn't mention them on the way but does on the way back. Looking at going from oxford road to sheffield to barnsley on the way and then its saying barnsley to meadowhall to manchester picc on the way back, help?

Should be no reason you can't do manc-sheff-barnsley both ways

The train that stops at meadowhall prob stops at manc as well

Also options to go via Huddersfield

Am planning on stops in Sheffield before and after miself

Should be no reason you can't do manc-sheff-barnsley both ways

The train that stops at meadowhall prob stops at manc as well

Also options to go via Huddersfield

Am planning on stops in Sheffield before and after miself

Thanks. Just wodering if theres any reason its sheffield on the way and meadowshall on the way back.

• Moderators

Thanks. Just wodering if theres any reason its sheffield on the way and meadowshall on the way back.

think it's just showing the "quickest" option, with the soonest change possible coming up, i.e. Meadowhall (that's like saying get train from Oxford Road and not Piccadilly even though it stops at both)

theirs Sheff-Manc trains at:

18:11, 18:14, 18:42

19:11, 19:14, 19:42

etc

there's Barnsley-Sheff trains at

17:40, 18:01, 18:14, 18:24 etc

think it's just showing the "quickest" option, with the soonest change possible coming up, i.e. Meadowhall (that's like saying get train from Oxford Road and not Piccadilly even though it stops at both)

theirs Sheff-Manc trains at:

18:11, 18:14, 18:42

19:11, 19:14, 19:42

etc

there's Barnsley-Sheff trains at

17:40, 18:01, 18:14, 18:24 etc

Ah, i undertand now, gunna get the 17:40 out of barnsley. Thankyou.

Also is it reccomended to buy tickets online or just pay on the day with the chance of not paying at all?

January 1988 - 3rd round, happy days

Iam Stevens up front & a coppers helmet being thrown around the away end which caused much laughter till South Yorks finest came in with truncheons flying. "We did the fuckin miners now you cunts are having it" are my memories as a spotty 17 year old....

Iam Stevens up front & a coppers helmet being thrown around the away end which caused much laughter till South Yorks finest came in with truncheons flying. "We did the fuckin miners now you cunts are having it" are my memories as a spotty 17 year old....

That was one rough following from BWFC that day.

It was the following tuesday night where Phil Neil got dogs abuse in the 0-0 draw at Halifax. Without that point we wouldnt have been promoted. I caught 3 buses to get to that game and a taxi home.

I would close the curtains if they were playing in the back garden these days.

:rolleyes2: