Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

• Site Supporter

I've been to many big UK fight nights and would hazard a guess the majority of the booers had been boozing for several hours and can't imagine any of them have ever stepped between the ropes of a ring either.

Any boxer who has the conkers to step into a ring and put their life on the line deserves respect which is all too often lacking

Predictable outcome but still great to watch while it lasted. Chuffed I've seen GGG live. Amazing atmosphere...booing was a bit daft although there were less idiots there than you might expect for a fight like that.

What did people think of Hall-Haskins? Was too hammered to score it but cards seemed very off. Never liked Haskins 

did anyone watch canelo smith this weekend?  I've seen the shot that finished hime, thats it.

hopefully they can get this superfight on now with GGG.

Did my usual act of waking up on the sofa just after it finishes after trying to power through after an awayday. Watched it all though, brave effort but very one-sided - wouldn't have given Smith a round. 

did anyone watch canelo smith this weekend?  I've seen the shot that finished hime, thats it.

hopefully they can get this superfight on now with GGG.

crolla up next weekend, like his fights.

I can't see that fight being made although i would love to see it.

He had the chance to fight Golovkin after beating Khan, he / Golden Boy opted to vacate the title and move back down to fight Liam Smith.

For anyone after a bet and willing to chuck a few quid in a slot...

Betfred bet £20 get £10 free

Opt in, stake £10 on the Crolla v Linares fight and play with £10 Cash on the Mike Tyson Knockout Slot and we'll give you a £10 Free Bet.

Min odds 1.5.

Free bets credited by 12:00pm 25/0/16.

URL:

https://betfred.mobi/promotions/games/knockout-combo-stake-20-get-10

Good mate of mine is very close to Crolla; they go DMB's home and away together etc. Was speaking to him after the weigh in yesterday and he reckons Crolla is confident of a late knock out. Not confident to the press stuff but what he said to a good mate.

Doesn't mean he'll do it, but worth a couple of quid IMO

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter

Good mate of mine is very close to Crolla; they go DMB's home and away together etc. Was speaking to him after the weigh in yesterday and he reckons Crolla is confident of a late knock out. Not confident to the press stuff but what he said to a good mate.

Doesn't mean he'll do it, but worth a couple of quid IMO

I've had a tenner on round ten based on this...

There's often a bit of coin to be made backing against the Brit, I'm afraid.  Many of our boxers are overhyped and not quite up to world level.  The classic of all time was Klitsckho beating Haye so easily from a ridiculous price. That was the best one but there have been a few others.

Anyone who saw Linares a few years ago against DeMarco before he lost on cuts would have snapped up 5/4, never mind 13/8.