Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackburn 4 Wanderers 1

DaisyHWanderer

He'll not be 100% fit

never understand this half fit players on the bench business, he's either fit or not, if he is then he starts or if not then give an academy lad the best day of his life to date

never understand this half fit players on the bench business, he's either fit or not, if he is then he starts or if not then give an academy lad the best day of his life to date

Can understand where you coming from but we need to win this game so if Eagles is good for 20 mins then I'd have him on the bench, could be the difference

Can understand where you coming from but we need to win this game so if Eagles is good for 20 mins then I'd have him on the bench, could be the difference

Eagles compared to Tierney is different, Eagles is a potential match winner and in a 20 minute spell could do that as you have said, my issue was a half fit left back in Tierney is of what use on the bench? another fully fit (if we go down to 10 men) defender could be sat in his place or if Tierney is fit we dont have to play Baptiste out of position and put up with Mears.

Eagles compared to Tierney is different, Eagles is a potential match winner and in a 20 minute spell could do that as you have said, my issue was a half fit left back in Tierney is of what use on the bench? another fully fit (if we go down to 10 men) defender could be sat in his place or if Tierney is fit we dont have to play Baptiste out of position and put up with Mears.

Fair enough, would probably be different if Ream was fit because he can cover a few positions.

I read somewhere that DF stated he would start his strongest eleven today. Not sure that is what he has done though....

Don't think he knows what his best team is