Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Spurs Keeper

SnoopJohnnyJohn

English report:

Tottenham keeper Hugo Lloris was knocked out in a collision with Everton's Romelu Lukaku, then continued to play the rest of the game (15 minutes) making a vital save to keep the game at 0-0. He got a standing ovation from the Spurs fans, and praise from his manager.

American report:

Tottenham keeper Hugo Lloris was knocked out in a collision with Everton's Romelu Lukaku, and then after coming round to consciousness was sent back onto the field by manager Andre Villias-Boas. The English soccer game is so far behind in terms of medical knowledge. The player should have been removed from the game and then not been re-fielded for at least 7 days, as is the standard rule in the NFL.

Nothing too surprising there really, except that the US "pundits" who said this were none other than Robbie Earl and Robbie Mustoe!

Not really sure what my point is, but I was most disheartened to hear English pundits bad-mouthing the English game and making us out to be backwards savages. So, as always, it's down to the good folk at WanderersWays to back me up in thinking that there's nothing wrong with playing on after being knocked out.

See, I think it's down to the player/manager to decide.

Is it fuck

the test in NFL to determine if someone has concussion and whether they can return to the game takes a minimum of 14 minutes.

and thats done by professionals

how on earth AVB thought he could tell in that time is beyond me

not that its really his fault, we're just so far behind

Lloris, like every other keeper would have said to play on as they're to brave for their own good.

Just like in boxing, its not down to the manager or their corner to decide if its ok to continue, the ref is there to protect the fighter for his own good.

the medical staff should have made the decision