Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Third Test Waca

MalcolmW

True dat.

180-4 is not a particularly poor score. It's just we responded to a poor batting performance by bringing in more bowling and a shorter batting lineup, so it's rather hard to be optimistic.

Need a strong start tomorrow - get to 240-4 and the match is all square.

KP's ego just gets the better of him.  Not that long ago it was left handed spinners which he destroyed in Mumbia, now its Peter Siddle & the Aussie is on top because of it. Just can't be patient.

We need to get past the new ball tomorrow if we do then we have a real chance.  

And everyone calling him a twat might actually contribute to that possibility.

Aye

I must add that there are few batsmen that are unmissable; Freddie, KP and Botham

• Members

Grim down here. Chatting to two lads from Leeds there today. Poor fuckers dying in this heatwave. Red as a well slapped arse. The cricket no fun at all.

Aussies fucking unbearable.

Channel 9 news last night almost had me putting my foot through me Sony Bravia. "We have an interview with ex-pat Poms who have made Perth their home and are facing harsh questions about their loyalty" screamed the headline shorts. Story came round and there's this bloke there in a fluoro site work shirt. "So you've lived here for a few years, who will you be supporting in the Perth Test". "To be sure, Oi'll be with the Aussies for this one" in the finest Irish tinker accent you can imagine.

Stupid fucking Aussies.

• Members

Jimmy,

I get to see every goal we score/concede on the Championship Highlights Show on Setanta Sport at around 7pm every Monday night. Almost every sports bar in Perth has Setanta - you just have to ask them to put it on.

Setanta also show certain games live. I've seen a couple already this season. When we were in the Prem, there were only about 3 a season I didn't get!