Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

13 hours ago, Traf said:

I was at Bradshaw yesterday (lovely ground) to watch our very own DazBob rip through their batsmen.

as somebody very biased there arnt many better places to watch cricket.

bit of a shame that daisy hill have been asked to leave, with the bcl looking to expand and kicking teams out,dont think they'll be the last to leave,

1 hour ago, fester58 said:

as somebody very biased there arnt many better places to watch cricket.

bit of a shame that daisy hill have been asked to leave, with the bcl looking to expand and kicking teams out,dont think they'll be the last to leave,

Without doubt the prettiest ground in Bolton.

I'll miss not playing there anymore.

Btw, not only was Traf present on Saturday, but so was the real Julian Darby and Dean Crombie. Was having a chat with them and was appalled at Jules' admission at being a huge Love Island fan.

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Without doubt the prettiest ground in Bolton.

I'll miss not playing there anymore.

Btw, not only was Traf present on Saturday, but so was the real Julian Darby and Dean Crombie. Was having a chat with them and was appalled at Jules' admission at being a huge Love Island fan.

The fake JD also loves that show.

• Site Supporter
On 26/05/2019 at 08:20, Whizz said:

A couple of their age groups have merged for the season 

Quite a few teams are sending juniors from two clubs to make up a team. I noticed today that Astley Bridge weren't fielding ANY junior teams this season. I thought it was a condition of membership of the league.

• Site Supporter
On 08/07/2019 at 19:19, Horwich said:

🤷‍♂️ Bridge have been fielding teams at u11s, u13s and u15s this season

Is there a reason Bradshaw haven't got games against them then? I was using Bradshaw's fixture book for my info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

I get how Horwich CC got the T20 Final by winning last season but why did they get awarded both Peter Stafford and Hamer Cups?
I know, nice club, good ale, etc., but you'd think the league would want to share these things around.
Bradshaw are in both finals so I get that we couldn't host either but what about the other clubs? Does nobody want these prestigious games on their grounds?

45 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I get how Horwich CC got the T20 Final by winning last season but why did they get awarded both Peter Stafford and Hamer Cups?
I know, nice club, good ale, etc., but you'd think the league would want to share these things around.
Bradshaw are in both finals so I get that we couldn't host either but what about the other clubs? Does nobody want these prestigious games on their grounds?

Yes, of course they do.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Peter stafford is now played at one of the finalists, Horwich/Atherton won the toss, so it will be there.

Hamer cup used to be on a rota. Rota got messed up. 

Horwich have hosted it once since 1978 (Bradshaw have held it 4 times since then)

• Site Supporter

Just witnessed a great day's cricket at Horwich. Not many games end up with over 500 runs.

Bradshaw batted first and, thanks to 121 from Pro and 88 from Skipper, Bret Ernst, set Horwich a target of 256.

Going into the final couple of overs they needed 12 per over. Two sixes and and two singles off the penultimate over meant they needed ten from the last over. Leg bye, Wicket, single, four, Final Wicket saw Bradshaw see off the threat leaving Horwich on 248 all out.

hamer cup final on sunday at horwich.

walkden v bradshaw, bradshaw big underdogs against a high flying walkden side,lets hope the weather stays nice, as iam sure horwich will put on a good show as there used to getting decent crowds recently. 

#uptheshire

Edited by fester58