Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you think there's a bit of a crossover where a small number of second teamers are good enough to play firsts but opt not step up?

Of that I have no doubt.

Generally speaking though, to answer Cas's question. The gulf as massive. It's far, far easier to score runs and take wickets in 2s.

My record over the last couple years has been very good. If I stepped up to 1s I'd be lucky to get a bowl at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Great unexpected move by the league.

Very unexpected after I emailed them last week and they said fixtures would be taking place

Dicks

Speaking to Mopsy at Bradshaw and he said on Tuesday they'd cancel games on Saturday. They've done it for other World Cup tournaments so there was a precedence set.

Speaking to Mopsy at Bradshaw and he said on Tuesday they'd cancel games on Saturday. They've done it for other World Cup tournaments so there was a precedence set.

They've never done it before but this Saturday is Peter Stafford last group game and not league fixtures. As some clubs couldn't qualify for the 1/4 finals there was little chance of them turning teams out. If forced to play they would of conceded games and then other teams winning by forfeit. Would of made a farce of the competition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Mopsy’s lad is having a great season and has been turning out for Lancs u19’s. He put a lot of effort in over winter so good to see him get the rewards.

Just to set the record straight, the Mopsy I was speaking to is Mopsy Snr. I help him out on the ground at Bradshaw.

Little Hulton first team came to ours yesterday and after a 2 hour delay to the start, our batters are ready to walk out to the crease and L/H suddenly announce they have no wicket keeping gear. They ask our keeper if they can borrow his, he says no, L/H concede the game. Unbelievable.

Edited by DazBob

They had over 2 hours to either go home and get some or drive up to Sports Direct.

Our wicket keeper got a bit of shit, off other clubs not L/H, for not lending his gear. Why the fuck would he want someone to wear them for 50 overs then him have to put them on for their innings, full of someone else's sweat. I wouldn't.

• Site Supporter

Why am I not surprised? We seem to have spent a summer preparing junior wickets for the likes of L/H and Daisy to not bother turning up. For me they ought to be fined £100 each time.

Regarding your keeper's gloves, no way. Again, they should be fined for not fulfilling their fixture.

Little Hulton first team came to ours yesterday and after a 2 hour delay to the start, our batters are ready to walk out to the crease and L/H suddenly announce they have no wicket keeping gear. They ask our keeper if they can borrow his, he says no, L/H concede the game. Unbelievable.

Quite right, fuck the spill cunts.