Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Branson

COYW

I did move on, i'm now self-employed. Why do people equate work with 'achievement'? Working flat out for eight hours a day, five days a week is just as 'soul destroying' as sitting there doing bugger all. People use words like 'meritocracy', to persuade people that they're on some sort of career ladder rather than a treadmill. Organising your own time rather than having it organised for you is the way forward rather than filling eight hours every day with 'work'.

And if you are self employed then fair play to you. 

Unless you are still sat around for half the day doing nothing and are charging someone for it.

I'd say by your posts you've had bad experiences working for others. Not all organisations make up bullshit around words like meritocracy; my staff's pay is directly proportional to their "achievements" so perhaps that's why they equate work with it - it directly affects their life.

I for one wouldn't want you doing any work at all for me in any capacity if you do not equate work with achievement. If it is just a way to pass the day and pay bills fair enough, but I'd not want to pay for it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are still sat around for half the day doing nothing and are charging someone for it.

I'd say by your posts you've had bad experiences working for others. Not all organisations make up bullshit around words like meritocracy; my staff's pay is directly proportional to their "achievements" so perhaps that's why they equate work with it - it directly affects their life.

I for one wouldn't want you doing any work at all for me in any capacity if you do not equate work with achievement. If it is just a way to pass the day and pay bills fair enough, but I'd not want to pay for it

Blimey

You're completely missing the point. There's more to life than work. Having a balanced life equals better work in my experience. Telling people they're getting more money for working harder doesn't make the work any better. 

You're completely missing the point. There's more to life than work. Having a balanced life equals better work in my experience. Telling people they're getting more money for working harder doesn't make the work any better.

We also encourage a balance.

I agree that people that are burnt out will not be as productive

However, I don't believe that 8hrs graft a day is too much.

You feel otherwise.

That's why you work for you and I work for me :)

But your last line is bollocks; many people are fiscally motivated; if they weren't, sales jobs wouldn't pay commission; performance bonuses wouldn't exist etc etc

That's the real world according to your experiences - not according to mine. I said that where I work folk are busy for 8hrs per day (actually +) because there is that much to do and more to achieve. There are core hours but everyone does "what they need to" to achieve. And they are rewarded accordingly.

It's called a meritocracy

If you work somewhere where you are there for the sake of it and are scratching around for things to do because you need to be there for 8hrs a day for the sake of it then i stand by my point; I'd move on pal, it sounds soul destroying

Thinly veiled I am a cunt of a boss ????????????

Thinly veiled I am a cunt of a boss ????????????

I've seen JD at work and confirm he is a cunt ???? seriously I've worked at his offices and he runs a happy ship. It's not for me but I doubt he would employ me in his line of work either, each to their own. A few times I was there some of his staff were working late and he wasn't there and as always happens they talked about the boss and let's just say whatever he is doing he is doing it right.

Iam typing this while having a monster shit, first proper one in 3 days and being self employed Ia not getting paid while sitting in the throne but as someone on here said a few backs I would rather work 12 hours for myself rather than 8 for someone else.

Right who's nicked the bog roll?

I agree that people that are burnt out will not be as productive

But your last line is bollocks; many people are fiscally motivated; if they weren't, sales jobs wouldn't pay commission; performance bonuses wouldn't exist etc etc

I didn't say they weren't 'fiscally motivated'. If you offer someone more money to work longer hours, they'll take it. It doesn't mean that the work they do is any better, in fact the opposite is usually true. You said so yourself in the first line. 

I've seen JD at work and confirm he is a cunt seriously I've worked at his offices and he runs a happy ship. It's not for me but I doubt he would employ me in his line of work either, each to their own. A few times I was there some of his staff were working late and he wasn't there and as always happens they talked about the boss and let's just say whatever he is doing he is doing it right.

Iam typing this while having a monster shit, first proper one in 3 days and being self employed Ia not getting paid while sitting in the throne but as someone on here said a few backs I would rather work 12 hours for myself rather than 8 for someone else.

I've never seen JD at work or visited his work, but I'm also happy to confirm his cuntishness.

I've seen JD at work and confirm he is a cunt seriously I've worked at his offices and he runs a happy ship. It's not for me but I doubt he would employ me in his line of work either, each to their own. A few times I was there some of his staff were working late and he wasn't there and as always happens they talked about the boss and let's just say whatever he is doing he is doing it right.

Having been out for drinks with him and his colleagues i can confirm they are not wired up right.....any of them!

I didn't say they weren't 'fiscally motivated'. If you offer someone more money to work longer hours, they'll take it. It doesn't mean that the work they do is any better, in fact the opposite is usually true. You said so yourself in the first line. 

You're not getting it cocker

You are confusing working "harder" (your post before last) - which will yield better results if it's being done properly and working "longer"...for the sakes of it (the post above)

We do not offer "overtime"; they are not paid more by the hour - therefore not paid more for working longer per se; they are paid more for getting more results - that's why it is their "choice" to be busy for 8hrs a day, as was the original scenario

Having been out for drinks with him and his colleagues i can confirm they are not wired up right.....any of them!

No comment :D

This maybe true but there's some fuckin fit pieces.....

No comment :D

I've never seen JD at work or visited his work, but I'm also happy to confirm his cuntishness.

Happy to comment. it's true :D