Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dog & Partridge

DazBob

I don't understand some of the acrimony being displayed on here. It's quite simple. If you like watching original live bands play in a dickhead free environment whilst drinking decent ale then, like me, you'll be gutted if they have to knock the place down. To the best of my knowledge nobody ever forced anyone in there at gunpoint.

I don't understand such an overreaction, it isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's hardly 'acrimony'.

And besides which, I've known at two bellends associated with the place, one on the door and one behind the bar - this is going back around six or seven years and probably isn't representative of the place as whole, so I won't detail the nasty incidents that led me to form such a dim view of the pair...

Painting it as some shangri-la of peace-loving friendly souls isn't (or wasn't) the whole story, like everywhere more-or-less, there are nobheads too.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I don't understand such an overreaction, it isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's hardly 'acrimony'.

And besides which, I've known at two bellends associated with the place, one on the door and one behind the bar - this is going back around six or seven years and probably isn't representative of the place as whole, so I won't detail the nasty incidents that led me to form such a dim view of the pair...

Painting it as some shangri-la of peace-loving friendly souls isn't (or wasn't) the whole story, like everywhere more-or-less, there are nobheads too.

My guess is that the bar man caught you drinking some supermarket white cider (probably White Lightning) you had sneaked in & the doorman kicked you out.

• 2 months later...

Sadly the driver got his true wish on Friday and hung himself. Very sad. Last saw him in the queue for drinks at a James gig at MEN Arena. Was big into his music. Went to George Toms (year below me) - so guessing a few off here knew him. He worked at Dean Cocozza's for quite a few years & often cut my hair. Had his own barbers in Farnworth called "Clyde's".

Story was in Friday's Bolton News.

Craig (Clyde) has been cutting my hair for years. I used to dread going in and him saying are you making a brew ? Someone had to do about half a dozen sometimes.

I last went on the Saturday before he died on the Friday.

Was always a nice bloke. Liked his music too.

Edited by Juan.Kerr