Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarf Africa

• Site Supporter

To be honest, I'm a bit pissed off that I've spent the day watching the Wanderers, when I could have spent the day watching this.

Actually, that's not true, but sounds like an amazing day of cricket.

And to think, some of the pundits were saying that Broad was struggling.

• Site Supporter

To be honest, I'm a bit pissed off that I've spent the day watching the Wanderers, when I could have spent the day watching this.

Actually, that's not true, but sounds like an amazing day of cricket.

And to think, some of the pundits were saying that Broad was struggling.

He was a bit first innings. Once he got his first he became inspired and bowled one of those mega spells that he does from time to time.

Only disappointment was the fact that there's no cricket for a couple of days

Thankfully we had a great weekend, despite the football

That Cook wicket was coming for a while unfortunately.

Looks a very difficult pitch to bat on; going to take a great performance to get up near to them, but that would certainly put the pressure on their shower of shite batting if we could.

Also nice to see people have woken up to the fact Bairstow isn't a wicketkeeper. Great planning for the management to encourage Buttler to go to the IPL so he won't be playing 4 day cricket early season.

Boycott tries to defend his keeping,, but his constant snipes at Taylor make it pretty clear he knows Johnny's only long term shot is taking that number 5 berth

• Site Supporter

There are some issues with the wicketkeeping, similarly all is not right with Cook at first slip, he seems to miss a few.

Anyway decent effort with the bat.

Bit disappointed with the pitch, that one that did Compton was unplayable, and only part way through day two.

• Site Supporter

I personally think Cook is fine, Bairstow is making him look bad. Alec Stewart did a great piece on sky about it a couple of nights ago

Agree with that, just Cook has missed a few with Buttler keeping too. Definitely more problems with Bairstow though.

Perhaps Cook doesn't understand Yorkshire