Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sarf Africa

• 1 month later...

i am looking at sorting something over the next couple of months.

itinerary of the tour not great but always wanted to go to the Wanderers and thats mid Jan. No test before Xmas either, first one is in Durban starting on Boxing Day.

Doubt i can manage the full month of Jan off so toying between boxing day (Durban) and New Year tests (Cape Town) both Coastal or the JoBurg and Pretoria in Mid Jan which would incorporate my birthday.

not the easist on paper to plan.

Any advice or anyone got any plans afoot?

i am looking at sorting something over the next couple of months.

itinerary of the tour not great but always wanted to go to the Wanderers and thats mid Jan. No test before Xmas either, first one is in Durban starting on Boxing Day.

Doubt i can manage the full month of Jan off so toying between boxing day (Durban) and New Year tests (Cape Town) both Coastal or the JoBurg and Pretoria in Mid Jan which would incorporate my birthday.

not the easist on paper to plan.

Any advice or anyone got any plans afoot?

We drove from Durban to Cape Town. Took a couple of days but well worth it if you want to see things other than cricket grounds and big city drinking establishments.

• 2 weeks later...

smiley speak to scooby doo iam sure he's on about going next year for the cricket

Yes, sit with him at match and he's mentioned it.

Me and a couple of bosses at work are doing Durban and Cape Town. Just need to get it booked. Looking at flying with Emirates Via Dubai on Christmas Day

Same flight I did 4-5 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got hotels booked for both Cape town and Durban. Just hoping flight prices will drop a bit. Best we can get is £700 with Turkish airlines.. Well other than flying with Saudi and having 12hrs+ stuck in a dry transit lounge in Jeddah which could be done for £384!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...