Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest

famouswanderer

Lennon's only managerial experience at a big fish in a small pond gave him no experience for the difficult & very different job he's had at Bolton, so i was happy to give him time.

After over a year though.....he's brought in over 20 players & i don't think any have been better than what we already had. The older signings have been pointless, the full backs have been laughable & he's hardly brought anyone in for the future.

....I don't think he's got the best out of the players he's got......bottom half of the table, yes...but not adrift at the bottom by several points.

.....the tactical decisions are mostly baffling & his substitutions usually make the situation worse,

.....there seems to be a lack of preparation for games, not least in set pieces for & against.

I'm not shouting for him to be sacked though, mainly because we can't afford to & we can't afford a serious replacement ( I don't think Phillips is a realistic option, ) & i'll support him while he's still with us & hope that he can turn it around ( he's not at the Coyle stage for me yet ) but i wouldn't be sorry if he resigned . Would you sack him ?

I've consistently backed him but see no improvement in organization of the defence, conceding often 2-3-4 goals, players who don't look motivated, so I think it's time to move on if at all possible while we've enough games left to have a go at staying up, going down is not an option for me. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

The whole thing is a rudder less ship where the sailors are looking to jump.

I can't see any of the board stepping up to be interim chairman and birch isn't there to do that. No direction throughout..

It's seem the ice berg but nobody's there to tell them to turn