Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Drinking On Antibiotics

Spider

my dentists gave me a prescription of Metrodinazol and Amoxicillin so if I wanted a beer session in the middle I could. I think she did this as my face expression when she said "No alcohol, you will be sick" worried her and she then said "I'll prescribe these too, if you really need a beer take these instead". I've still got some if it helps Spider :-)

• Site Supporter

I've had to Google. What's the point in that stuff?

She says with a massive hangover and having to face driving home.

Couldn't agree more.

I've woken up fresh, alert, vibrant and have already walked the dog, had breakfast and done some prep work before tomorrow.

This is worse than any hangover.

I had 2 bottles before I wanted to break the rest over my head.

Edited by Spider

I've probably had them all (non or very low alcohol) beers, they're all utter piss without exception...Bavaria, Erdinger and Clausthaller are marginally better tasting than the others, however the former two give 'hangovers' after more than two, and without the pleasure.

Coke if staying totally sober for me, Clausthaller in Holts Pubs...Shandy (hello sailor) in pints if staying around the limit and wanting to look 'social' to others in our booze obsessed culture :) (needs stealth at the bar and runs the risk of ridicule though).

The only decent 'non-alcoholic' lager I've supped was served up to me by the well-refreshed and jovial host of The Sweet Green...Bitburger it was called, and it was belting - until three or four bottles in and I realised I was red-faced and talking loudly, consulted the label, sure enough 5.4% abv. :( Good job I was abstaining for reasons other than driving.

Becks blue is one of the worst, and a travesty in pubs when it's the same price or dearer than their regular Luton-brewed 'German' catwee.

Edited by Youri McAnespie