Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 08/08/2021 at 20:51, deane koontz said:

New Nas album on repeat 🐐

The man just doesn’t miss currently tying Dave for AOTY but this little lady will have something to say about it next month 

On 07/08/2021 at 21:08, Youri McAnespie said:

And by dope-shooter I don't mean someone who's dope, like Chuck D, and handy at clay pigeon shooting, nor a top NBA player, I mean an IV heroin/cocaine drug abuser (allegedly) hence his hiv+ and hepatitis b status (allegedly).

That shit song with the dummy cards is worse than Agadoo by Black Lace.

He's a total traitor to Judaism, bastard - Iggy Pop has more talent in his little toe.

He is nought but a self-loathing geriatric talentless cheese stinking eyeliner junkie rip-off with a vast sense of misplaced sense of his 'talent' - real musicians like Cannibal Corpse or Marvin Gaye are/were skint, yet this scrawny disease riddled junkie sits counting his billions on a pile of gold bars. I'd stick his harmonica up his jacksie.

I have nothing more to write against this affront to humanity, a total reptile unfit for the fellowship of other real humans.

😁 

Oooh piss poor attempt this one, Youri.

Dylan is/was/always has been a completely arrogant tosser. Horrible to the women in his life (Visions of Joanna, don't think twice etc etc) read Suzie Rotollo's biog (lady on the cover of the freewheelin' Bob Dylan) for a great overview.

Fellow folk people at the Gaslight hated him, thought he nicked and appropriated loads of other singers original songs, not folk classics.

Backed some very dodgy causes (Hurricane was not something everyone in the Rolling Thunder Revue supported)

But he was the only one to push through, who changed what he did, never stayed still, was mercurial, didn't give a shiny shit what fans thought.

He's not the deity on earth some worship over, but he has written some of the greatest popular music of all time set to some of the greatest wordplay in the canon; has given millions many hours of joy including myself and changed music. Loved Springsteen's description of Like A Rolling Stone "a snare rimshot that kickstarted a change in music."

Look what the beatles were pre and post hearing Dylan, The Stones, Hendrix, Zappa. It's arguable he changed the permanently changed pop music, Rolling Stone is 6 minutes long, booted up the arse everything else at the time and even had Gates of Eden as its B-Side.

Give me an artist whose created what Dylan has over 50 years and is a shit over all the likeable artists in the world. Nice boys don't play rock n roll as the song goes...

He's fucking shat.

Really, really overrated.

I'd rather listen to Ralph McTell cover Carcass.

And he is an atrocious singer.

Tuneless, nasal nonsense.

People pretend he's good who want to be all 'muso'...

I've thrown a figurative dart into a dartboard to name someone more influential...

It hit Jeff Mills.

"The tiiimmes theeyre a chanjin" tuneless shit busker harmonica blow...

Sorry, he's utter wank.

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

He was never going to be a Tenor for his voice but his songwriting is incredible 

Rudy, he's shit.

Chumbawamba were shite, but they called out this charlatan over 25 years ago.

And he has hepatitis.

That Scorcese film - the dictionary definition of delusions of grandeur head up arse bellend with inflated self importance.

Youri's on a wind up klaxon.

I know loads who can't stand Dylan - and yes he is a shit harp player as well. Almost as irritating are those who worship him as a god and read every bloody book about him and into every lyric.

Still got a long way to go with this playlist - only up to Planet Waves.

How many songs are in oblique reference to his HIV+ status?

World Gone Wrong.

Just Like a Woman.

Going, Going, Gone.

The Man in Me.

Restless Farewell.

And many more...

I first realised Zimmerman had AIDS years ago.

Why won't he come clean, like Freddie Mercury, Holly Johnson or that Welsh rugby lad?

Can't sing, can't play, can't blow no harp and a total hypocrite.

He lives in a $20bn mansion, snorts coke and shoots dope.

Wears Armani underpants - once, then in the trash.

He drives around in a Humvee, he donated to Trump's campaign for re-election.

He is scum.

They were on fairly early and for some reason got talking to a south London drug dealer called Dean in the roughest pub in CP, mainly because the rest were stuffed with insufferable arseholes and it was the cheapest.

So missed first three songs annoyingly, but they were great - played all their hits in a fairly short set. Sounded so tight and the place was perfect for the sound. Decent day festival, would recomend it for the price - and actually I've got a link if anyone wants tickets for Supergrass next week for £20.

Most of the people seemed to be there for them, but Sleaford Mods did a really good set. I just thought Dury was way better than I expected - great live act.

29 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They were on fairly early and for some reason got talking to a south London drug dealer called Dean in the roughest pub in CP, mainly because the rest were stuffed with insufferable arseholes and it was the cheapest.

So missed first three songs annoyingly, but they were great - played all their hits in a fairly short set. Sounded so tight and the place was perfect for the sound. Decent day festival, would recomend it for the price - and actually I've got a link if anyone wants tickets for Supergrass next week for £20.

Most of the people seemed to be there for them, but Sleaford Mods did a really good set. I just thought Dury was way better than I expected - great live act.

Nice one. Not listening to much Baxter Dury but my mate sent me a link to Miami the other day. Tune. I'll have to get stuck into some more of his stuff.

Edited by tshape

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Putting his harmonica where it shouldn't go.

Twelve year olds, dude.

Not even a hebophile, vile enough, an actual paedophile.

Are you still continuing your Dylan marathon, NiC? You could augment it with some Gary Glitter, Lost Prophets, Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis.

He will buy his way out of it.

They need to form a posse and some old fashioned citizen justice dealt out, horsewhipping and physical castration should suffice.

Maybe brand his [facial] cheeks with a huge 'P'...

Then give him a good kicking and run over his legs with his own Humvee.

There was some nonce painter - most of his works featured naked pre-pubescent girls.

Hello.

Only unmasked after his death iirc.

Never really cared for Woody Allen, and now really avoid his stuff.

Thought Polanski was overrated too.

And, although not a nonce, but he labours under the misapprehension he's a gangsta, not a pampered ponce actor, I thought his (Adrien Brody) Oscar for 'The Pianist' was very undeserved.

And he was dogshit in the dogshit 'Summer of Sam', Jennifer Esposito aside.