Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Yup age of consent in the US is 18.

Creepy bastard groomed her whilst she was on holiday with her parents.

Not in all states. 

There's actually an article which goes into brutal details discussing whether Johnny was a paedo or not

http://dirty-dancing-analysis.blogspot.com/2019/07/did-johnny-castle-commit-statutory-rape.html?m=1

[Quote]

So, if the 1950 law still governed, Johnny committed felony statutory rape on Baby, because he was older than 21 and she was younger than 18.

However, if the 1950 law had been changed by 1963, then he did not commit statutory rape at all, because she was 17, a legal age. Even if Johnny Castle were much older than 21 -- like the 34-year-old actor Patrick Swayze -- he did not commit statutory rape if she was 17 (according to the law in 1999),

In a previous article, titled How far and Baby and Johnny go sexually?, I argued that Baby and Johnny did not have penis-in-vagina sexual intercourse. Rather, the farthest they went is that she gave him hand jobs.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Not in all states. 

There's actually an article which goes into brutal details discussing whether Johnny was a paedo or not

http://dirty-dancing-analysis.blogspot.com/2019/07/did-johnny-castle-commit-statutory-rape.html?m=1

[Quote]

So, if the 1950 law still governed, Johnny committed felony statutory rape on Baby, because he was older than 21 and she was younger than 18.

However, if the 1950 law had been changed by 1963, then he did not commit statutory rape at all, because she was 17, a legal age. Even if Johnny Castle were much older than 21 -- like the 34-year-old actor Patrick Swayze -- he did not commit statutory rape if she was 17 (according to the law in 1999),

In a previous article, titled How far and Baby and Johnny go sexually?, I argued that Baby and Johnny did not have penis-in-vagina sexual intercourse. Rather, the farthest they went is that she gave him hand jobs.

Right, so if you are GIVEN a hand job by an under age girl are you are nonce? Because you've not done anything to them, they did it to you 

Right?

Watched the Knebworth documentary at cinema tonight (we're in the middle of a major 90s trip again at the moment aren't we?!)

Enjoyed it, proper blast of noise from start to finish and some funny bits in there too with people talking about their experiences. Maybe a little on the long side at 2 full hours and never realised how much footage there actually is of the whole thing, but worth watching for sure.

• Site Supporter

Radiohead are releasing an album of songs recorded during the Kid A / Amnesiac sessions that didn't make it onto the albums. They're re-releasing Kid A and Amnesiac, and the additional stuff is called KID A MNESIA. Just ordered the triple-vinyl set because I'm a twat. 

On 26/09/2021 at 15:29, Smiley said:

Snow Patrol tonight. Not everyone's cup of tea. But seeing as I got a pass out last night for the BWRG event at the LOV Suite - on her birthday of all days - thought I'd better make up for it with some gig tickets.

Did they do that thing were....they almost get to a climax....and then dont.....and then find out they dont actually have a song.....

Good that.

For those of a persuasion ‘Punk In London’ is a good watch if you’ve got Amazon. Some great footage of bands like X Ray Spex, The Lurkers, Chelsea, etc. Early superb footage of The Jam that I’d never seen before. Seems like it was a German documentary 

Real reminder how grim it was in the 70s. Punks embracing reggae, Teds twatting punks cos of how they looked, really shit music venues. Audiences reminded me of The Lever End when I first started going to Burnden 

Think it was you @Burndens Bogswho posted summat about that Garageland video a while back. There’s superb footage in this film (at the end) of live performances of Hate and War, Police and Thieves and Garageland

Edited by MancWanderer

20 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

For those of a persuasion ‘Punk In London’ is a good watch if you’ve got Amazon. Some great footage of bands like X Ray Spex, The Lurkers, Chelsea, etc. Early superb footage of The Jam that I’d never seen before. Seems like it was a German documentary 

Real reminder how grim it was in the 70s. Punks embracing reggae, Teds twatting punks cos of how they looked, really shit music venues. Audiences reminded me of The Lever End when I first started going to Burnden 

Think it was you @Burndens Bogswho posted summat about that Garageland video a while back. There’s superb footage in this film (at the end) of live performances of Hate and War, Police and Thieves and Garageland

Was listening to a podcast about the Clash  the bloke who did it reckoned they got the tune for Remote Control from the old 70s football chant your gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in . Every days a school day .

I can take or leave Cannibal Corpse...

They were quite cheesy, like Deicide, you had to half have tongue-in-cheek with them.

Preferred stuff with more finesse, like Suffocation...

As for Nirvana, I always thought 'Territorial Pissings' was their thrashiest/punkish tune.

They did drag loads of girls over to 'our' side an' all...

I appreciate almost all genres of innovative music.

I was, however, forced to listen to XFM yesterday.

Fuck mop, should be called 'Plodder FM' - give me one good reason why The Wombats should exist? They played Elbow twice in an hour...

And it gladdened my heart to hear convicted cocaine dealer Johnny Vaughan and his assorted sycophants are still robbing a living being gobshites, twenty five+ years since his return from GERMANY direct to our telly screens.

Dad Rock drudgery like The Enemy interspersed by a southern cunt talking shit with other southern cunts, with outside contributions from 'Members of the public' cunts.

I have nothing more to write against XFM.