Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Eyesight Prescriptions

Spider

• Site Supporter

Can anyone explain why it's possible that someone with a "+" prescription can go into Boots and buy a pair of specs for a fiver, but if you're a "-" prescription, you have to fuck about in the opticians for hours on end and then pay £3876581940870 for a pair of bins?

It's fucking mental.

• Site Supporter

if you're, say, +2 in each eye, you can buy glasses from Boots. (I think you struggle to see stuff close up)

If you're a -2, -3 etc.. you have to spend a small fortune as you need the opticians to make your goggles.

I just can't see why. (Probably because I'm half blind)

• Site Supporter

A + means you're near sighted and need help reading stuff up close. Like a magnifying glass.

A - says you're short sighted so can't see stuff clearly further away. You're paying for a bigger magnifying glass I reckon

It's bollocks

I'm -4.00 in both me peepers. 

Why can't Boots or fucking Tesco sell -4.00 goggs as well as +4.00 ones?

Answer me. Come on.

• Site Supporter

Can anyone explain why it's possible that someone with a "+" prescription can go into Boots and buy a pair of specs for a fiver, but if you're a "-" prescription, you have to fuck about in the opticians for hours on end and then pay £3876581940870 for a pair of bins?

It's fucking mental.

if you're, say, +2 in each eye, you can buy glasses from Boots. (I think you struggle to see stuff close up)

If you're a -2, -3 etc.. you have to spend a small fortune as you need the opticians to make your goggles.

I just can't see why. (Probably because I'm half blind)

The + 1.00; +1.5: etc. will really fuck your eyes if you use them all the time.

The son of a hotel owner i work for went to vision express last week as one eye was blurry and both eyes were twitching all the time.

They sent him away saying they couldn't see anything wrong.

A week later he went to boots and had another test and they sent him straight to the doctors as they picked up an abnormality behind his eye.

The doctor then sent him straight to the hospital where they found he had a tumour behind his eye which was aggressive as fuck and the type of cancer it holds could easily spread to his lymph glands and liver.

He's getting his eye taken out on Tuesday. If vision express had spotted the problem straight off they could've saved his eye.

• Site Supporter

The son of a hotel owner i work for went to vision express last week as one eye was blurry and both eyes were twitching all the time.

They sent him away saying they couldn't see anything wrong.

A week later he went to boots and had another test and they sent him straight to the doctors as they picked up an abnormality behind his eye.

The doctor then sent him straight to the hospital where they found he had a tumour behind his eye which was aggressive as fuck and the type of cancer it holds could easily spread to his lymph glands and liver.

He's getting his eye taken out on Tuesday. If vision express had spotted the problem straight off they could've saved his eye.

I could tell a couple of similar stories about visits to opticians saving someone's life.

I'd recommend anyone to get an eye test, thought all the companies had the same set up with equipment/procedures.