Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-3 Preston

Marc505

• Moderators

Is there an argument to say those that who only go when it’s £20/£25 are more likely to spend a skin full on beer?

And therefore you’d actually make more from total sales at the lower price

id need to know the terms of the catering deal

last i heard it was contracted out so unlikely to be any use to bwfc

I think so. £35 is too much end of though.

Instead of ballooning on twitter though just don't go if you don't want to pay it though. I have a ceiling on what I think championship games are worth and I wouldn't pay that

It is too much for football however folk need to remember it’s what it costs. Nobody balloons at concerts. It’s £18 for Chester these days and they are on the brink of going under. Players wanting big money costs money

I appreciate that £35 is too much for a championship game, but for them it’s their biggest away day of the season (local, gentry and getting closer to the play offs).

I wouldn’t be missing the same for bolton for the sake of £10, assuming most would think £25 is reasonable.

Most of them will be on the beers all day and wouldn’t notice if they’ve spent either £80 or £90 - they should just pretend they’ve spent £25 on the game and a tenner more on booze, or buy 2 less drinks.

I appreciate that £35 is too much for a championship game, but for them it’s their biggest away day of the season (local, gentry and getting closer to the play offs).

I wouldn’t be missing the same for bolton for the sake of £10, assuming most would think £25 is reasonable.

Most of them will be on the beers all day and wouldn’t notice if they’ve spent either £80 or £90 - they should just pretend they’ve spent £25 on the game and a tenner more on booze, or buy 2 less drinks.

I put similar on twitter mate.

£100 on ale, £80 on Bing, £40 on taxis and train then boot off because your paying £6 extra for your match ticket when it's your only day out of the season :D

course we can

then we can either pay it or not

it’s all good people say fuck em etc

But ultimately it’s us the football fans who get the rough end

I know we need the cash etc but this may backfire on ken one day and possibly pne may bring a small number

I know the sky money subsidies premiership clubs charging £30 for away fans but £35 for bolton v Preston

• Moderators

it’s all good people say fuck em etc

But ultimately it’s us the football fans who get the rough end

I know we need the cash etc but this may backfire on ken one day and possibly pne may bring a small number

I know the sky money subsidies premiership clubs charging £30 for away fans but £35 for bolton v Preston

if i cant justify it, i don't go

i respect the right of any football club to charge whatever they want

KA is less to blame in all this than the stayaways

also, if we are all happy at 20 a game, maybe we should all offer to pay 460 for our season tickets?

im happier with part timers subsiding the season ticket holders

I think so. £35 is too much end of though.

Instead of ballooning on twitter though just don't go if you don't want to pay it though. I have a ceiling on what I think championship games are worth and I wouldn't pay that

So long as you don't moan at the club when they say they can't afford to pay for good players, or retain our better ones. 

if i cant justify it, i don't go

i respect the right of any football club to charge whatever they want

KA is less to blame in all this than the stayaways

also, if we are all happy at 20 a game, maybe we should all offer to pay 460 for our season tickets?

im happier with part timers subsiding the season ticket holders

I’m not blaming ken just saying that it may backfire on this occasion

It’s are only local Derby would be nice to have a good crowd which brings the atmosphere

Doesn’t effect me however plenty out there being priced out of football

It is too much for football however folk need to remember it’s what it costs. Nobody balloons at concerts. It’s £18 for Chester these days and they are on the brink of going under. Players wanting big money costs money

Its too much. Concerts are shit as well

If I'm honest I'd rather buy 5 more drinks and not go if we think about it like that????

They've already got a 37 pager on their forum about the prices but it seems something is being done.

Following representations by Preston North End to Bolton Wanderers, a change is to be made to the ticketing arrangements for the Gentry Day clash on Saturday 3rd March.

After conversations at the highest levels, tickets, that went on sale on Thursday morning, will be withdrawn from sale with immediate effect.

Tickets will now be sold for the lower tier first, £5 cheaper than the upper tier, at £30 for an adult.

Those who have already purchased for the upper tier can come to Deepdale, exchange their tickets and then receive a refund in the difference in pricing.

Bolton have also agreed that if and when the lower tier, of approximately 2,500 tickets, sells out, they will then talk to the club regarding the pricing arrangements for the upper tier.

The club hope, that this reduction, along with the subsidised £5 travel opportunity via buses from Deepdale and Leyland, give supporters some savings to allow as many as possible to attend what is always a fantastic day to remember all those that have passed away connected with the club in the last 12 months.

Tickets for the lower tier are priced as follows:

Adults £30
Seniors (aged 65 and over) £24
U23s £24
U18s £12
U12s £10

The lower tier tickets are expected to arrive at Deepdale over the weekend and will therefore go on sale from Monday morning at 9am, at which time those with upper tier tickets can exchange their ticket in person at the ticket office at Deepdale and receive any refund they are entitled to, they must bring their upper tier ticket(s) back with them.