Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brentford away

radcliffe white

18 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

May I remind everybody that before the Anderson's we had a club on the brink of a financial meltdown and an owner going on to write off more than two hundred million pounds of his personal wealth and managers of the ilk of Sammy Lee, Owen Coyle, Dougie Freedman and Neil Lennon (whose mistress was allegedly picking the team for some of our games!).

Do people really want to have a man sacked just two days before Christmas?

Do people truly think someone is just itching to take over the club a chuck in the odd £200,000,000 (two hundred million looks even more impressive in number form than written out as I would normally do!) of the own money - just for the hell of it?

Just 'dumping' what we've got for something else is not necessarily going to solve things.

There needs to be a plan and a longer term strategy involved.

The key players in forming this plan will revolve around Mr Anderson and the clubs major creditors.

I'm sure non of them want to lose their investment into the club, nor see it diminished by the club being relegated.

I'm also certain that there hasn't been a queue of wealthy potential buyers of the club being knocked back all the time by KA's allegedly 'unreasonable' demands (are people really that gullible to believe that there has been by something they've read on Facebook or twitter - I do despair sometimes).  I'm sure any serious purchaser of the club with proven funds would be able to come to some suitably mutual agreement to buy it - but the bottom line is simply we simply aren't a desirable club to buy right now (or in recent years) - and that's why we ended up with the likes of Holdsworth and Anderson instead of say the Saudi royal family when Eddie sold.

Maybe the lunatics should take over the asylum and oust KA and PP and replace them with the ST and Lennon's fancy piece picking the team instead?

Maybe everybody would be happy then?

Let's just accept that no matter how bad things are, it isn't us who will lose money if the club goes into Administration, it isn't us who people are clamouring for us to be sacked and it isn't us who would put their own money into the club right now (Anderson is shown as having a charge on the clubs assets - which means despite what anyone might think or say he has put money into the club and it is at risk if things go tits up) or even do a better job at picking the team than Lenny's knee trembler!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Are we in much of a better position now than when KA came in? Yes overheads are lower but at what cost? The soul of the club is being systematically destroyed we’re 5000 season tickets holders not turning up for home games, we’ve fans deserting in droves, yes PP has part of the blame but Anderson has alianated and divided supporters.  I would prefer us to be a united community club with fans all pulling together than a divided club who are financial gamble for a cockney wide boy who’s trying to maximize his return. You’re continued defense of the Anderson’s is getting right up my nose and what makes it worse is your defending him while not having to watch and pay for the privilege. 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

I'm not arsed if we sack him two days before Christmas, the January sales or Valentine's day. PP is clearly not up to the job so should go. Whether finances dictate that that's another matter

Well if you're not arsed when we sack him then we might as well show him some compassion and a tad amount of respect to him and his family and wait until the 'season of goodwill to all men' is over, do you not think?

I'm sure you wouldn't be arsed at all if your wife or child came home from work tomorrow with their immediate termination of employment notifications.

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to shed all sense of decency and compassion to others over nothing more than a game - for that is all it is at the end of the day no matter how emotional we may become about it.

12 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Well if you're not arsed when we sack him then we might as well show him some compassion and a tad amount of respect to him and his family and wait until the 'season of goodwill to all men' is over, do you not think?

I'm sure you wouldn't be arsed at all if your wife or child came home from work tomorrow with their immediate termination of employment notifications.

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to shed all sense of decency and compassion to others over nothing more than a game - for that is all it is at the end of the day no matter how emotional we may become about it.

I like a lot of what you say sluffy but parkinson wouldn't exactly be destitute if he got the push on Xmas eve, in fact he would probably be glad to be out of it. The only reason he's hanging around is for his pay out. Ken has a decision to make carry on with parky and drive more paying customers away or replace with someone else and maybe get a bit of a good feeling back. I totally agree with you about the Andersons we will just have to trust them to find the right person to take us forward. Merry Xmas 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Are we in much of a better position now than when KA came in? Yes overheads are lower but at what cost? The soul of the club is being systematically destroyed we’re 5000 season tickets holders not turning up for home games, we’ve fans deserting in droves, yes PP has part of the blame but Anderson has alianated and divided supporters.  I would prefer us to be a united community club with fans all pulling together than a divided club who are financial gamble for a cockney wide boy who’s trying to maximize his return. You’re continued defense of the Anderson’s is getting right up my nose and what makes it worse is your defending him while not having to watch and pay for the privilege. 

Where in my post have I defended Anderson?

In fact when have I ever defended Anderson?

Also what's it got to do with you if I go to a match or not?

Are you somehow more superior to me because you still live in the Bolton area and can get to the match easily and I don't and can't?

If you are stupid enough to let some comments from some random person on an internet forum get 'right up your nose' then more fool you.

That 'cockney wideboy' has £5 million of his money tied up with the club...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/charges/GnCI0RQaH-nQFud7B9qttO5D4gA

...how much have you got resting on the clubs future?

In your twisted logic that would make Ken a far better fan of the club than you have ever been then!

Good job most of us don't think like you then isn't it!

• Members
20 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Parky didn't get into football management without realising it's  cutthroat business. And football in general. How long do you wait to find a decent time to sack him? Twelfth night?

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

Plus he's been sacked before so it won't be a new experience 

Sluffy only sees the highlight show so doesn't have to watch the dross we do, not saying he's not entitled to his opinion just that us as watching fans have the right to call for change, as for not sacking him because it's Christmas, that's just mental like somebody already said what does the time of year matter when we are in a shambolic state?

• Members
8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Sluffy only sees the highlight show so doesn't have to watch the dross we do, not saying he's not entitled to his opinion just that us as watching fans have the right to call for change, as for not sacking him because it's Christmas, that's just mental like somebody already said what does the time of year matter when we are in a shambolic state?

I went with a neutral 

Her - do you always play this badly? 

Me - yeah  

Says something when you start to look at planes flying overhead and the highlight was the moon over the other end of the ground 

When we're not paying wages on time and telling unemployed former players to go and whistle for their contractually owed money, that's ok because they're loaded anyway. 

But we can't sack Parky until the New Year because it might ruin his turkey dinner? Fair enough. I suppose we'd best consider Rotherham's festive happiness and let them win on Wednesday too. Goodwill to all.

I like Parky, but he's not turning this around from here. Whether he goes now, in the summer, or ten games into next season when we're outside the playoff places, he's done all he can. It'd actually be kinder to let him go now, with fans and the wider footballing world still sympathetic towards the job he's done for the last two years.

Edited by Tombwfc

3 minutes ago, darrener said:

I like a lot of what you say sluffy but parkinson wouldn't exactly be destitute if he got the push on Xmas eve, in fact he would probably be glad to be out of it. The only reason he's hanging around is for his pay out. Ken has a decision to make carry on with parky and drive more paying customers away or replace with someone else and maybe get a bit of a good feeling back. I totally agree with you about the Andersons we will just have to trust them to find the right person to take us forward. Merry Xmas 

Note this reply to the others making similar points above.

Thank you, and you are quite right in most of what you say but unless you want to be unnecessarily vindictive you don't sack anyone with just a couple of days to go to Christmas unless you had to.  

I'm sure Parkinson's future is very forefront in the mind of Anderson and I'm sure he will act when he considers it necessary - but doing it  right now achieves nothing at all - it's to late to significantly change the team around for Boxing Day already - so what particular reason is there to spoil his wife and children's Christmas other than to be really shitty towards them?

Christ if he DID sack him now - all the muppets would be saying that proves what an utter bastard wideboy, cockney, knees up mother Brown, tosser he really is ffs!

It's irrelevant if you sack him two days before Christmas or two days after BUT the 'right' and 'decent' thing to do would for no one to be sacked now - unless it was unavoidable - and wait until Christmas Day at least as passed.

37 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Where in my post have I defended Anderson?

In fact when have I ever defended Anderson?

Also what's it got to do with you if I go to a match or not?

Are you somehow more superior to me because you still live in the Bolton area and can get to the match easily and I don't and can't?

If you are stupid enough to let some comments from some random person on an internet forum get 'right up your nose' then more fool you.

That 'cockney wideboy' has £5 million of his money tied up with the club...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/charges/GnCI0RQaH-nQFud7B9qttO5D4gA

...how much have you got resting on the clubs future?

In your twisted logic that would make Ken a far better fan of the club than you have ever been then!

Good job most of us don't think like you then isn't it!

You’ve been pro Anderson from day 1. I’m not a super fan and never claimed to be however as I go to most matches I think I’m more in tune with the events that are unfolding as opposed to someone who can’t  get to games.

Take it from me KA is slowly but surely killing the club, I don’t think that’s his intention but that is the reality. Lastly I think majority of fans are now moving towards a position where they don’t trust or believe in Anderson, this is because he has no love for BWFC no vision for the club and ultimately wants to turn a profit while investing nothing. 

The tide has turned with the fans  against Anderson, except it seems on this forum. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you, and you are quite right in most of what you say but unless you want to be unnecessarily vindictive you don't sack anyone with just a couple of days to go to Christmas unless you had to.  

I'm sure Parkinson's future is very forefront in the mind of Anderson and I'm sure he will act when he considers it necessary - but doing it  right now achieves nothing at all - it's to late to significantly change the team around for Boxing Day already - so what particular reason is there to spoil his wife and children's Christmas other than to be really shitty towards them?

Christ if he DID sack him now - all the muppets would be saying that proves what an utter bastard wideboy, cockney, knees up mother Brown, tosser he really is ffs!

It's irrelevant if you sack him two days before Christmas or two days after BUT the 'right' and 'decent' thing to do would for no one to be sacked now - unless it was unavoidable - and wait until Christmas Day at least as passed.

Give over 

Football is on another planet when it comes to employment  if you left one company for another was there a transfer fee involved? 

PP  like anyone else got involved in management knowing the risk involved. Bit like KD got told his contract wouldn't be renewed on his birthday. 

• Site Supporter

Kinell sluffy; it might be a massive relief for pp is Ken gave him the chop. A stress free Christmas and new year.

That notwithstanding, he's been lucky not to have been potted ages ago. To that effect he's been looked after very well.

Moreover, there's more at stake than purely his future. The whole club needs a boost.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Members
17 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

What if it gives players a lift? 

See Man Utd's result yesterday 

18 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Quite agree about Ken whatever he does he will be the bad guy, if I was him I'd tell him to go and spend the rest of the year with his family. I really think parky would breathe a sigh of relief, the longer this goes on the worse it will get, it would be a shame if he ended up getting dogs abuse off the fans because he's done a decent job but his time is now up I'm afraid 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’ve been pro Anderson from day 1. I’m not a super fan and never claimed to be however as I go to most matches I think I’m more in tune with the events that are unfolding as opposed to someone who can’t  get to games.

Take it from me KA is slowly but slowly killing the club, I don’t think that’s his intention but that is the reality. Lastly I think majority of fans are now moving towards a position where they don’t trust or believe in Anderson, this is because he has no love for BWFC no vision for the club and ultimately wants to turn a profit while investing nothing. 

No I'm not pro Anderson, I'm not anti-Anderson either, I simply prefer to judge from the facts and my experience of running my own business and being involved in others and not to base decisions on emotion or what has been put on twitter or other forms of social media.

I'm certain you are right that there is now a prevailing and toxic atmosphere towards the Anderson's helped in no little way from Iles past personal views he posted on Twitter.

I know I'm wasting my breath but the facts are there to show Anderson has invested a significant sum into the club - as per the Companies House link I provided above - and that it is not unusual in the least for anyone to look to earn a profit in selling on their business if they are able to.

I think you may be living in the past if you think club owners should be local boys made good or something, as just looking at clubs like United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, Leeds or even Blackburn (to name just a few clubs from the top of my head) even have English owners let alone people born and bred locally to them.

20 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

What if it gives players a lift? 

See Man Utd's result yesterday 

Do you really believe that the 'new' manager would have the time or even the availability of the players to do things differently, today (Sunday), Christmas Eve (tomorrow) and Christmas Day (Monday) before the game on Tuesday?

What makes you think Parkinson won't win the game if he remains in charge anyway?

Look mate I'm sure you're a decent bloke and maybe you are talking more from emotions than rationale right now but sacking someone (who has a family and kids) immediately before Christmas is a pretty vindictive thing to do - particularly when that person has achieved great results for you in the past and has remained loyal and genuine to you, the club and players whilst untold tons of shit as hit the fan whilst he's been here.

He deserves at least a decent Christmas Day with his family even if you (and others on here) are unable to see that right now.

Edited by Sluffy
spelling mistake

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

So

Wait till the 12 days of Christmas are over for the sake of showing some compassion but forget the fact we've got 3 games of which 2 are against relegation rivals?

Sorry but if it came to it PP could get the call on Christmas morning for me

Anyway

In general 

Look at the difference a sacking made at Utd, they were limping along with some shite negative football, then bring in a new manager and they are a new team a week later

I know they are two very different scenarios in many ways but fact is, if we're to turn this around we need to take a risk and bring in a new manager because it becomes increasingly obvious with each passing game that we ain't turning this one around with what we've got

I think PP gets an easy ride because ultimately it doesn't matter what he does if KA cant afford to sack him, hence why KA gets all the abuse a manager would normally get

And if KA doesn't get rid and we go down and end back where we started folk won't really be able to praise KA for a job well done anymore either

But It's pointless demanding PP gets axed

And It's even more pointless demanding KA fucks off

This is why 5000 STs aren't bothering 

And it'll be a hard sell getting a mate to come to west brom for free but I'll try my best

• Moderators
Just now, Sluffy said:

Maybe not but the law of averages alone says we will win a game sooner or later if Parkinson remains in charge.

Home to Rotherham is as good a time as any.

As was Wigan, Sheffield weds and Hull

You're right, we are well overdue

But then how long till the next one, that's still a concern