Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car 'Accident'

barryk32

• 4 weeks later...

Sat on an exit slip road at a red light this afternoon. Knew that a small white car had followed me off the dual carriageway. Drive an automatic so sat with my foot on the brake at the top of the slip road. She’s hit me at no more than 10mph but fuck me what a loud bang and a jolt. Reckon my hooter came within an inch of hitting the steering wheel and I’ve got a right pain in a couple of my ribs. Really surprised me as I’ve never been involved in owt like that before. I simply can’t imagine a high speed accident and what that’s like 

• Members
14 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Sat on an exit slip road at a red light this afternoon. Knew that a small white car had followed me off the dual carriageway. Drive an automatic so sat with my foot on the brake at the top of the slip road. She’s hit me at no more than 10mph but fuck me what a loud bang and a jolt. Reckon my hooter came within an inch of hitting the steering wheel and I’ve got a right pain in a couple of my ribs. Really surprised me as I’ve never been involved in owt like that before. I simply can’t imagine a high speed accident and what that’s like 

You get yourself checked out?

• Members
Just now, MancWanderer said:

No. Just an intercostal tear I reckon. Ironically I’m at Broomfield Hospital tomorrow and then in theatre at Rochdale Infirmary on Thursday for a small op. In the right places if it’s more serious which I doubt 

Always best to get checked, remember me when you get the pay out 😁

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Aye, `ok for you, what about the three of us sat in the back?