Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

😉

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

I read a while ago that the song was about Jimmy Saville as a lot in industry knew about his antics way back then. Reading the lyrics it makes sense but your theory could easily be correct

One of their lyrics, though...

"We just haven't got a clue what to do!"

Well, how about reporting him to the police and/or children's services, Steve - instead of writing a bloody song about him? Anyway he's dead now R.I.P.*

*(R.I.P. for SP that is, R.I.H. for JS)

Edit: There definitely might be some mileage in the theory - is it me or does the lead singer do a 'jingle jangle jewellery' apeing of Savile at around  2:12?

Edited by Youri McAnespie
New evidence added...

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

The six weeks they get in a normal year,  only problem is this is not a normal year

School year ends on 17th July, if Teachers get six weeks from then, new school starts 7th Sept. that means some kids will not have had any schooling for 24 weeks, half a year

If schools don’t get up a running with a workable system now by the time they go back in September it will be another shit show, it could be Christmas before they get on top of it, but if you think they’re entitled to a nice break in August crack on

I take it you’ve volunteered to give up half of your annual leave to help get the country back on it’s feet during these difficult times. 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Barry Gardiner, he's one of the biggest wankers going, he is giving that numb cunt Jon Ashworth a run for his money.

Will he be sacked - will he fuck!

Will the press have a 7 day run on the story - will they fuck!

Is Barry a comedian, yeah but he ain't funny!

Sure the magnificent 7 will be along shortly to clog up the thread with how disgusted they are that somebody who is actually a member of parliament should be sacked on the spot for this. 

I shall go and get the tea ready and come back and read all their comments later 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Who are the Magnificent 7?

Tick them off as they appear shortly. One by one. Think sanctimonious and you wont go far wrong. 

think trenches. And if you were in them who wouldn’t you want joining you.  Follow your instincts young Rudy 

Edited by Escobarp

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If Bazza G is for them, good luck to em.

Be interesting though to see the uprising about this. It’s much worse than what mr Cummings did in a number of ways and they were apoplectic at that so I’m assuming they will be needing oxygen to calm Down their breathing about this 

As balanced individuals of course with no political axe to grind as has been said to be the case 

Edited by Escobarp

• Members
9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tick them off as they appear shortly. One by one. Think sanctimonious and you wont go far wrong. 

think trenches. And if you were in them who wouldn’t you want joining you.  Follow your instincts young Rudy 

😂 i like this game 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

And trenches? Already told you I’d be quaffing the finest wines in a fancy chateaux miles behind the lines, ordering the likes of you over the top in broad daylight 😀

I caught the tailend of a programme on The Krays yesterday - when Ronnie died Reggie paid for a Spitfire to do a flypast his funeral and dip its wing in respect.

Their father spent the entirety of the war on the run from the draft and the twins spent all but a few hours of their National Service in the glasshouse after twatting a superior, gaining dishonorable discharges.

It seems invoking the honour of the military/the war(s) contrary to your own conduct is no new thing.

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Be interesting though to see the uprising about this. It’s much worse than what mr Cummings did in a number of ways and they were apoplectic at that so I’m assuming they will be needing oxygen to calm Down their breathing about this 

As balanced individuals of course with no political axe to grind as has been said to be the case 

Of course he was wrong. The leader of his party went on TV to acknowledge the fact. Assume you will be in favour of moving on ? 😁

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Of course he was wrong. The leader of his party went on TV to acknowledge the fact. Assume you will be in favour of moving on ? 😁

Once the media have camped outside his house and it’s dominated the news and this board then absolutely move on. Treat everyone the same. 

so I will wait. You want to kick it off about what a lowlife he is and should be sacked?

15 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Let me help you. 2 comes next

How did your scrap with that bird’s druggy boyfriend go?

Or were you ballooning?😀

Not seen her and as for him “junky looking”! That’s the key. At least get it right. 

he’s busy pal. He works 12 hour shifts 6 days a week in a local care home. Which makes her going even worse given where he then goes the next day 

but honestly knock yourself out. Just try and they things straight and detail right first eh 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Once the media have camped outside his house and it’s dominated the news and this board then absolutely move on. Treat everyone the same. 

so I will wait. You want to kick it off about what a lowlife he is and should be sacked?

For someone who takes thinks literally it is strange you do not seem to remember that the outrage was about the leaderships denial of any wrong doing as much as the act itself. 

As a reasonable person I certainly can remember you agreeing he should have been sacked. So am not trying to imply you just stuck up for him and Boris. 

10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I caught the tailend of a programme on The Krays yesterday - when Ronnie died Reggie paid for a Spitfire to do a flypast his funeral and dip its wing in respect.

Their father spent the entirety of the war on the run from the draft and the twins spent all but a few hours of their National Service in the glasshouse after twatting a superior, gaining dishonorable discharges.

It seems invoking the honour of the military/the war(s) contrary to your own conduct is no new thing.

Aye. Anybody other than Royal White using the ‘in the trenches’ analogy on here is just fucking weird.

Ex squaddies can probably pull it off, middle managers in retail, for example? Get to fuck. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Aye. Anybody other than Royal White using the ‘in the trenches’ analogy on here is just fucking weird.

Ex squaddies can probably pull it off, middle managers in retail, for example? Get to fuck. 

What about if you’re an avid fan of Blackadder IV?

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not seen her and as for him “junky looking”! That’s the key. At least get it right. 

he’s busy pal. He works 12 hour shifts 6 days a week in a local care home. Which makes her going even worse given where he then goes the next day 

but honestly knock yourself out. Just try and they things straight and detail right first eh 

Junky looking, druggy. Tomato, tomayto.

We’re not all wedded to the literal. 

I paint with a broader brush.😁

Edited by mickbrown

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Not even if they've been 'pwopa nawty' in the past?

That is pretty much akin to receiving a mortar attack or engaging in a firefight in Helmand Province, surely?

Edit: I sort of gave Royal White a veiled compliment t'other week along the lines you mentioned - he replied with 'what you papping on about now?'

I shan't bother in future. 😀

Edited by Youri McAnespie

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

For someone who takes thinks literally it is strange you do not seem to remember that the outrage was about the leaderships denial of any wrong doing as much as the act itself. 

As a reasonable person I certainly can remember you agreeing he should have been sacked. So am not trying to imply you just stuck up for him and Boris. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t though did I? I accept that some of the uproar was about that. I’m merely talking about the omission from certain people who aren’t asking for his head on a stick? Starmer did the right thing. But wasn’t starmer asking for him to be sacked? Should he not therefore  set an example? Or is it double standards?