Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter

is it only me but, gilks to santos to baptiste to gilks to santos ,to baptiste is fucking boring . it allows other teams to set up 2 banks of defenders .

we have great attacking options , use them to create chances.

goals win games not clean sheets

On the 7th Febuary, we were 5th Bottom.

We had played 25 games, scoring 1.2 goals per game

Over the 13 games since we have moved to 3rd. we have scored 1.38 goals per game over that period.

The difference has been the reduction of conceding 1.48 goals per game to 0.46 per game.

don't concede = don't lose.

3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Not read anything on here  since half time but will go back and catch up and make it look like I'm Pro Euro A or woteva with an edit.

Thought they were shit and shit scared of us for a lot of the first half, we didn't score so they grew in confidence and had got over us being the better team when the second half begun.

We were a bit directionless all second half and only really deserved a point by the end, if we'd  put any chance away early it would have been 27-0.

Agreed, they were there for the taking if one of our chances had gone in but in the second half Colchester grew in belief while we huffed and puffed. Old cliche about a "game of two halves". 

My comment on earlier stuff is a winning team builds from the back, I'd have thought Big Sam had taught us that much!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

is it only me but, gilks to santos to baptiste to gilks to santos ,to baptiste is fucking boring

I’d have to look back to be sure, but if my alcohol fuelled brain is still functioning and remembering, then our goal (which didn’t look offside) came from a double figure pass routine,  which included at least once going from defence to Gilks, before creating our best chance.

If you don’t concede you don’t lose. Simple as that

the back 4 aren’t the issue at the minute. Would I like to see more urgency from them at times? Yes. But ultimately they are doing their job

On the whole we’re struggling to break down well drilled pretty static teams at the moment. We’re at the business end of the season where more often than not there is something riding on each game for someone. 

‘Parking the bus’ is something we are going to come across more and more. Particularly at home. 

there needs to be more creativity going forward. Yes we’ve been getting results but the wins we have got could / should have been more comfortable. With Doyle on the pitch we create the chances he scores the goals. Simple as. 

It’s not unfair to be expecting more from Dapo, Arthur, MM and Isgrove. 

where we end up will depend on what we get out of these fellas in the remaining games 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Fuck the wrist-slashers - who admit they would have been walking out on 80 minutes, at 0-0, during our best run in 2 decades. We are on our way UP. Leave them behind. They clearly don't understand the sport, so just ignore the cunts.

“I don’t agree with them so they must be wrong” what a big kid 

• Members
17 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

is it only me but, gilks to santos to baptiste to gilks to santos ,to baptiste is fucking boring . it allows other teams to set up 2 banks of defenders .

we have great attacking options , use them to create chances.

goals win games not clean sheets

Boring it may be in your opinion but it’s drawing players out, so while we have the ball their players are watching the ball we are watching what space to go into

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

As we saw today.

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

What are you actually saying here? 

Crikey, I’ve tried to give you leverage to balance your comments, but you are intent on dwelling on the negative when we are on the best run we have been on for years

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Good evening Hughmungus.

Remember to put the corks back on all the pointy things in your house.

1 minute ago, desperado said:

What are you actually saying here? 

Crikey, I’ve tried to give you leverage to balance your comments, but you are intent on dwelling on the negative when we are on the best run we have been on for years

I’m not being negative. We were shit today, we were shit at FGR and we were shit at home to Walsall. Simple but true.

we must find the net more often if we want to claim 3rd spot

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

I’m not being negative. We were shit today, we were shit at FGR and we were shit at home to Walsall. Simple but true.

Shit compared to what?

we won two of those games and drew the other.

We’re probably shit compared to Man City.

But we only need to be not as shit as the teams we play.

Which is the point I suspect you are blissfully unaware of.

We were poor today, we were not shit at FGR, no matter how many times you repeat it does not make it true. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Well if we can get 7/9 from being shit. Then bring it on, we’ll be champions by May 

2 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

don't forget barrow at home

Come on you are better than this. 

How do you compare the performance at the relevant levels of this team to anything you have seen in recent years ? 

10 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

By being shit in all those games, we have just claimed 3rd spot

Edited by CambridgeBWFC

6 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We are not shit.

In my opinion you should only use that type of personal comment if you are willing to tell the manager and his team face to face they they are shit.

I would be willing to tell them that their lack of goals concerns me 

We were just lucky that most teams in this league are truly shit. Now I’m not saying we are a shit team, just that our performances of late have been. 

on our day we are a decent league one side

Id happily take being the 1st 2nd or 3rd least shittest team in this league