Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We were just lucky that most teams in this league are truly shit. Now I’m not saying we are a shit team, just that our performances of late have been. 

on our day we are a decent league one side

So we’re shit, but not as shit as the teams we play.

Your cognitive disarray on this subject is astonishing.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

worked well today for the last 60 minutes 

What are you actually suggesting IE should have done? He went 4-4-2, brought on a striker for a midfielder, switched the wingers from being inverted to natural wingers to try and create a change, I really don’t know what else he could have done? Unless in hindsight your are going to suggest some theoretical solution which would have had a magical effect? 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Id happily take being the 1st 2nd or 3rd least shittest team in this league 

Yes 100%. But I’d much rather go up in style, maybe I’m being too harsh considering where we were at Christmas. 

I had come to terms with the fact we’d be spending another year down here but after this monumental run I’ve got the bit between my teeth and am desperate to get out of league two. 

Just now, Spider said:

By earning more points than the teams below us.

Blimey, you’re drowning here.

He says the same shit in every post, people point out the faults in his posts and he then cries that people are ganging up on him. 
We are third because we have 33 points from last 13 games. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Come on you are better than this. 

How do you compare the performance at the relevant levels of this team to anything you have seen in recent years ? 

what frustrates me is ,we probably have the best squad since january, we are to slow in getting the ball forward, we should be scoring a lot more goals than we are, we aren't creating enough chances.

morecambe and bradford showed 1-0 is never enough, we have rode our luck in many of our 1-0 wins and could have surrendered a few points with the opposition not missing chances.

as stated before passing across the back may give possession stats but creates nothing but a fuck up in the making

2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Yes 100%. But I’d much rather go up in style, maybe I’m being too harsh considering where we were at Christmas. 

I had come to terms with the fact we’d be spending another year down here but after this monumental run I’ve got the bit between my teeth and am desperate to get out of league two. 

So is everyone else, that is your most reasonable post yet. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, captainmed said:

Ifollow is amateurish, poor pic quality, camera work & the sun played havoc too.

The thing that fucked me off with it today was the overly long replays that were still going whilst the match was cracking on 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

We only stayed 3rd today because results elsewhere went out way. What’s difficult to understand about that?

No

we are third - and this is really basic mathematics - because we have more points than the teams below us.

Come on, you can’t be that pissed. Have you been on the turps?

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

“I don’t agree with them so they must be wrong” what a big kid 

Mate, you've already admitted you'd have walked out on 80 minutes today because we weren't winning. Taking your ball home because it wasn't all going your way. Who's the big kid?

Farewell, you utter bellend. 👍

Just now, Spider said:

No

we are third - and this is really basic mathematics - because we have more points than the teams below us.

Come on, you can’t be that pissed. Have you been on the turps?

Yes, and we wouldn’t be if any of our rivals won. Which was my point.. Are you ok?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Mate, you've already admitted you'd have walked out on 80 minutes today because we weren't winning. Taking your ball home because it wasn't all going your way. Who's the big kid?

Farewell, you utter bellend. 👍

Show me where I said that, big man

1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

what frustrates me is ,we probably have the best squad since january, we are to slow in getting the ball forward, we should be scoring a lot more goals than we are, we aren't creating enough chances.

morecambe and bradford showed 1-0 is never enough, we have rode our luck in many of our 1-0 wins and could have surrendered a few points with the opposition not missing chances.

as stated before passing across the back may give possession stats but creates nothing but a fuck up in the making

So in 2 out of 13 games it has allegedly cost us? In 10 of the 13 our point return has been perfect.

If we change how we play it also potentially means we also concede more ? If it was as easy as saying score more it would be a very easy game. 

Fk me 

I really don't want to be drawn into this crap We are 3rd in the league and we can win automatic promotion.

And I thought I was the twattish one, tonight I just want to get pissed and party... wish the pub was open

• Site Supporter
Just now, RatchetMan said:

Yes, and we wouldn’t be if any of our rivals won. Which was my point.. Are you ok?

And what if we’d kicked off at 5pm?

That point would have been a point gained and we’d have gone from 4th to 3rd.

As Miami would say, Boom.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

And what if we’d kicked off at 5pm?

That point would have been a point gained and we’d have gone from 4th to 3rd.

As Miami would say, Boom.

Still would have considered it two points dropped against a side challenging for relegation to the national league. 

4 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We all want this and we were all suffering at Christmas,  when we thought we couldn't sink lower we managed to achieve just that. 

But now we have given ourselves a great chance at escaping and have the longest running undefeated streak in any league, you seem to rubbish our achievements.  It is all about perspectives but the way your posts read don't seem to give us any credit at all which is why people are getting their backs up.

No one is saying everything is perfect but calling us shit is just bonkers in my opinion. 

The last few games have really highlighted how much Sarce was doing for us in the middle though, we are missing that link through the middle and delf, dapo, Arthur, mm, Lee, Thomason or anyone else hasn't been able to fill that gap. 

For the prosecution:

Ratchet Man, Victor, Hughmungus & Co - 

"We need to score more goals if we want automatic promotion and we played shit in some recent games & rode our luck. You happy-clapping cunts."

For the defence:

Desperado, Spider, Cheese & Co -

"We're winning enough games playing the way we are, we don't need to score more goals because our defence is solid and we keep the ball so it gives less chance for the other team to score. You wrist-slashing cunts."

That's the recurring argument here. Anything else to discuss?

Edited by Mantra

11 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We only stayed 3rd today because results elsewhere went 

That’s how this results-based business works

Is it so difficult to comprehend?