Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St Georges Day

embankment

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nothing at my lads school today regarding St Georges day, it wasn’t even mentioned. 

But Stephen Lawrence day was covered in full.

Go figure.

I didn't even know SL Day was a thing, what sort of the stuff do they get told about? surely not the intricacies of the case?

can't say I'd be bothered if St. George's day (or any St's day) isn't covered at my daughters school (when she goes)

because

1) Saints, its all linked to God, who doesn't exist, so it's nonsense

2) dragons, they don't exist, never have, so again, it's nonsense

nowt wrong with being proud to be English though, so if you want to celebrate it, crack on, no complaints here

I just don't see the point in patron saints for this or anything, especially if you're not religous

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

I didn't even know SL Day was a thing, what sort of the stuff do they get told about? surely not the intricacies of the case?

can't say I'd be bothered if St. George's day (or any St's day) isn't covered at my daughters school (when she goes)

because

nowt wrong with being proud to be English though, so if you want to celebrate it, crack on, no complaints here

I just don't see the point in patron saints for this or anything, especially if you're not religous

By the sounds of it they're told what happened leading up to his death, a group of white lads chased them and beat them up. SL was with a mate who managed to escape because he was faster, SL was beaten to death and the police didn’t investigate it properly. 

That’s what my lad has just told me anyway 

• Members
19 minutes ago, royal white said:

By the sounds of it they're told what happened leading up to his death, a group of white lads chased them and beat them up. SL was with a mate who managed to escape because he was faster, SL was beaten to death and the police didn’t investigate it properly. 

Kin’ell I was one of the few black lads in my class at school, that would have been one of the most awkward lessons ever. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, royal white said:

I hope they show them the footage of when they all kick off on their way out of court

2 hours ago, Zico said:

because

Point 2 mate.....I was married to one 🐉 😉 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Kin’ell I was one of the few black lads in my class at school, that would have been one of the most awkward lessons ever. 

Hadn't thought of that- do you reckon it's right to cover this, or could it be counterproductive, even if it's just awkward?

• Members
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hadn't thought of that- do you reckon it's right to cover this, or could it be counterproductive, even if it's just awkward?

I don’t really see the point tbh, hard for me to really pass judgement when I don’t know what their angle for teaching it is 

• Site Supporter

I’ve just had four pints of Bombardier ale whilst stood beneath a billowing English flag in the beautiful spring evening of glorious Lancashire.

Ive not been castigated or sneered up by the Muslim lads who were playing/watching cricket or anything.

This country 🙄

I've just reenacted the bit were Alf Roberts gets chucked off a roof in 'Get Carter' whilst dressed as a morrisman and supping English mead made from English honey from English bees in an English tankard...

Quick costume change and I'm dressed as a Crusader and chucking a bag of Frazzles at a Mosque and knocking one out over Jenny Agutter in An American Werewolf - jizzing into a bramley apple pie.

Which I then chucked at the Mosque.

This was not only tolerated, the heathen interlopers paused their rituals to come out and applaud me.

My mates were in The Withins at 12 and walked down to the Bowling Green at 1.30.  If any of you was driving on Bury Road at the time you’ll of seen them, all in St George outfits and flags waving.   What a great day was had by all considering we’d of all been in Gib now, but needs be.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

My mates were in The Withins at 12 and walked down to the Bowling Green at 1.30.  If any of you was driving on Bury Road at the time you’ll of seen them, all in St George outfits and flags waving.   What a great day was had by all considering we’d of all been in Gib now, but needs be.

Yep I saw. Better than the lonsdale vests and saggy white tits in grey bras and vest tops I usually see in Breightmet on a sunny day. 

Edited by bolton_blondie

• Members
2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yep I saw. Better than the lonsdale vests and saggy white tits in grey bras and vest tops I usually see in Breightmet on a sunny day. 

That’s called a reflection my dear

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

My lads team are playing a Breightmet team in the morning and based on the last outing , I’m assuming the parents from Breightmet will be spending this evening getting angry at their own shadows and washing their clothes in chip fat.

Cant wait