Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

• Members
4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

What a bizarre take on things today. 1 extremely large demonstration that passed off peacefully like all the previous ones. A 2 minutes silence at the cenotaph,impeccably observed.

And then, racist feckwits, chanting slogans, attacking the Police, flashing the swastikas, getting the badge in, covering their faces and generally embarrassing themselves and the nation.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  As children are being killed in unprecedented numbers, we've folk on here more upset at UK teachers discussing the conflict with their pupils.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't aware of the repeated cries of "Khaybar, Khaybar, ja jahud", the blood libel posters, the calls for intifada, the signs referring to Sunak and Braverman as coconuts, the public statements of the organisers in support of Hamas, the swastikas, the cosplaying as Hamas terrorists, the blunt indifference and outright hostility to Jewish people expressing how fearful they feel, etc.

I could go on

Advocating in favour of hatred and violence is no more acceptable because it's done peacefully

12 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

2 things.

1. You are wasting your time as are everyone else on here. 
2. It isn’t blatantly obvious. If anything, it’s anything but bleeding obvious. Ask David Baddiel. Just one of many Jews who are going through a bit of a rough time at the moment. I know of a few others. Keep preaching your divisive rhetoric. There are victims on the other side of it.

What am I preaching that is divisive ? 😂

I don’t deny that it is a difficult & dangerous time to be Jewish. It is also a difficult & dangerous time to be Palestinian. 

Todays protest was peaceful and wasn’t anti-Semitic. The people there are not responsible for the issues you’ve raised.

Edited by London Wanderer

Just now, London Wanderer said:

I don’t deny that it is a difficult time to be Jewish. It is also a difficult & dangerous time to be Palestinian. 

Todays protest was peaceful and wasn’t anti-Semitic. The people there are not responsible for the issues you’ve raised.

How would you know someone is Palestinian walking around the U.K.? 

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't aware of the repeated cries of "Khaybar, Khaybar, ja jahud", the blood libel posters, the calls for intifada, the signs referring to Sunak and Braverman as coconuts, the public statements of the organisers in support of Hamas, the swastikas, the cosplaying as Hamas terrorists, the blunt indifference and outright hostility to Jewish people expressing how fearful they feel, etc.

I could go on

Advocating in favour of hatred and violence is no more acceptable because it's done peacefully

I’m completely aware

All minority incidents carried out by hundreds in an estimated 300 - 500,000 thousand protest. That much is obvious from the videos.

• Members
8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I would be impressed if after watching a half hour of this video you could find more than one person acting in an intimidating or anti-Semitic way. It’s way beyond the majority & that much is obvious from the reporting coming from today. 

Again, I haven't claimed it's a majority

How curious it is, though, that the well-documented hatred that has been so easy to find elsewhere is entirely absent 

A cynic might suggest the media organisation in question may be deliberately portraying a particular image

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes, it doesn’t mean they only go for far right, if it did I wouldn’t have posted about the 180 PP who have been arrested so far. 

Such a peaceful group aren’t they 

Make your mind up lad 😂

Police say 105 arrests have been made so far today - the "vast majority" of them among counter-protesters.

Senior Met figures were also keen to point out the threat their officers had encountered today - noting in their briefings the knuckledusters, knives and class A drugs carried confiscated from counter protestors.

Scotland Yard sources say many of the counter-protesters arrested are connected to football hooliganism, and some of them have previous convictions for football violence”. 

What were saying earlier? Singing England songs😂😂

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I don’t deny that it is a difficult & dangerous time to be Jewish. It is also a difficult & dangerous time to be Palestinian. 

Of course it was antisemitic! What world do you live in. You’ve heard the chants, you’ve seen the banners.  There are many conflicts in the world. Many in the Middle East, no surprise. No one gives a shiny shit about them. The conflict in Israel has real impacts on the citizens of this country though. Jews. You and others are creating this poisonous atmosphere that has a community living in fear. Are you happy with that?

9 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Make your mind up lad 😂

Police say 105 arrests have been made so far today - the "vast majority" of them among counter-protesters.

Senior Met figures were also keen to point out the threat their officers had encountered today - noting in their briefings the knuckledusters, knives and class A drugs carried confiscated from counter protestors.

Scotland Yard sources say many of the counter-protesters arrested are connected to football hooliganism, and some of them have previous convictions for football violence”. 

What were saying earlier? Singing England songs😂😂

I’ll repeat for you. At no point have I said they only go for far right. If I did then my comment about 180 PP marchers wouldn’t make sense. 

And yes earlier many people and news outlets described groups of (mainly white) men singing as far right. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The trouble is it now means different things to different people

It's modern usage began as a signifier for support for quite radical left-wing political policies but has over time been misused by people who's interaction with politics rarely extends beyond surface level

Most people who identify themselves as woke probably aren't, and neither are most people who have the word used against them pejoratively 

So when Jeremy Clarke goes off on one of his rants about wokes, who is he referring to?

13 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Of course it was antisemitic! What world do you live in. You’ve heard the chants, you’ve seen the banners.  There are many conflicts in the world. Many in the Middle East, no surprise. No one gives a shiny shit about them. The conflict in Israel has real impacts on the citizens of this country though. Jews. You and others are creating this poisonous atmosphere that has a community living in fear. Are you happy with that?

Am I fck creating a poisonous atmosphere you massive drama Queen.

Look again at the video which shows the whole march passing by…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wmBn3fhweg

Please tell me which banners, interviews and people there are anti-semitic?

You’ve seen a minority of bigots and labelled everyone there as racist. Which is massively ignorant.

Step out your bubble, It isn’t racist to criticise Israel’s actions 👍

27 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Again, I haven't claimed it's a majority

How curious it is, though, that the well-documented hatred that has been so easy to find elsewhere is entirely absent 

A cynic might suggest the media organisation in question may be deliberately portraying a particular image

A very naive cynic.

https://www.ft.com/content/c998bfa4-ad8e-4c61-9117-61a57aa9a92a

The BBC get blasted from both sides, which I think says a lot. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

Am I fck creating a poisonous atmosphere you massive drama Queen.

Look again at the video which shows the whole march passing by…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wmBn3fhweg

Please tell me which banners, interviews and people there are anti-semitic?

You’ve seen a minority of bigots and labelled everyone there as racist. Which is massively ignorant.

It isn’t racist to criticise Israel’s actions 👍

You really do exaggerate. It’s one video. There are many more. I’ve already shown you some. You call them bigots and ignorant. It’s up to you whether you believe them or not . I don’t really care. I care about a community living in fear. Do you?

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

You really do exaggerate. It’s one video. There are many more. I’ve already shown you some. You call them bigots and ignorant. It’s up to you whether you believe them or not . I don’t really care. I care about a community living in fear. Do you?

It’s the video of the whole march today 😂😂 It’s 3 hours long and the whole march passes by. It’s as an accurate depiction as you can get.

I believe there are a minority of extremists and hateful people there. But it is clearly a minority.

What a ridiculous question you’ve asked.

I sympathise with the Jewish community. I lived right by Stamford Hill when in London and made friends in that community. I have been to Jerusalem & Tel A-Viv at the recommendation of these friends. I’ve Jewish family on my mum’s side.

There are Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank living in the worst fear imaginable. Do you care about them?

There are Israeli’s living through the worst grief imaginable and will be always in fear. 

These atrocities are the responsibility of Israel and Hamas. Both have committed horrific crimes. 

You can’t ask people not to protest against Israel because this will upset the Jewish community. And suggesting that protesting against Israel is anti-Semitic is madness👍

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

I50 from 300k 

82 from approx 3k 

I know maths isn’t your strong point but…….

😂

‘My two tier policing comments are clearly nonsense’

‘So whatabout these ratios then’😂

They were kettled by da way. Not arrested.

Best try raising this again when you’re sure 😊

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

😂

‘My two tier policing comments are clearly nonsense’

‘So whatabout these ratios then’😂

They were kettled by da way. Not arrested.

Best try raising this again when you’re sure 😊

You might want to check out your earlier post were you said 80 far right had been arrested and have almost surpassed the PP arrests. 

Doh 

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

You might want to check out your earlier post were you said 80 far right had been arrested and have almost surpassed the PP arrests. 

Doh 

But, but, but

‘What about this that you said’

anything but try and prove your two tier policing claim 😉

80 people in the space of a few hours was pretty good going from the footy lads. At that point, it was not miles off the total arrests at a months worth of Pro Palestine protests.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

But, but, but

‘What about this that you said’

anything but try and prove your two tier policing claim 😉

80 people in the space of a few hours was pretty good going from the footy lads. At that point, it was not miles off the total arrests at a months worth of Pro Palestine protests.

What are you on about now. It was you who said 80 were arrested then said they weren’t. Was they arrested or not? You also said it was a peaceful rally then a few posts later you posted a link to say protestors were firing fireworks at police and 150 have been arrested. Surely you understand the meaning of peaceful. 

You’re having a stinker here sir. 

17 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

There are Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank living in the worst fear imaginable. Do you care about them?

There are Israeli’s living through the worst grief imaginable and will be always in fear. 

These atrocities are the responsibility of Israel and Hamas. Both have committed horrific crimes. 

Amen bother 🙏🏻 

We got there in the end. 
Who’s to blame? It was rhetorical. Don’t bother.