Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Crikey, I’m a broken man.

I was under the impression we’d put politics to one side & would find ourselves walking Rivington Pike together followed by a pint of Golden Ale.

That’s not going to happen. Sorry. 

Just now, royal white said:

Thats correct and I stand by that. I won’t come on here saying how country’s should Be approaching this war.

Strange that, because you’ve made numerous statements that you support the approach 😂

Aye, us teachers just go off gut feeling, it’s not like there are any other military experts out there giving an alternative viewpoint 🙄

The only reliable sources are the IDF and some ex military lad from a footy forum.

On that basis, you’re right 👍indiscriminate bombing & collective starvation is the only approach. 

You’ve changed my mind. Nice one. 

• Site Supporter

If he'd just moved on, as I suspect he was asked, then that wouldn't have happened.

He's absolutely correct of course, and those who initially had a pop at him should also have been told to move away/ been arrested.

Feel a bit for the police there, but they equally don't help themselves for failing to act on other incidents.

On a separate note, there has been a number of outbreaks of violent disorder tonight in Bermondsey- something to do with fans travelling to the tube.

Arsenal have played Brentford and the rugby also went ahead, but I'm not sure why that would mean trouble in that area.

20 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Strange that, because you’ve made numerous statements that you support the approach 😂

Aye, us teachers just go off gut feeling, it’s not like there are any other military experts out there giving an alternative viewpoint 🙄

The only reliable sources are the IDF and some ex military lad from a footy forum.

On that basis, you’re right 👍indiscriminate bombing & collective starvation is the only approach. 

You’ve changed my mind. Nice one. 

Looks like you’ve misunderstood again. For clarity, I said I wouldn’t be saying how they should approach the war. Thats different to any actions they take that I may support. But you know that. 

Yes there’s literally 1000s of military experts out there. No doubt you’ve found some with similar views to yours. I could find some with similar views to mine. Pretty much how these things work. 

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes there’s literally 1000s of military experts out there. No doubt you’ve found some with similar views to yours. I could find some with similar views to mine. Pretty much how these things work. 

Exactly 

So there are viable alternatives after all.

You might want to give TMJ the memo.

17 minutes ago, royal white said:

Well what’s the alternatives from the military advisor you listen to? 

Halting the illegal displacement & attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank

Preventing mass starvation & famine in Gaza.

Securing hostage releases through ceasefire negotiations and not indiscriminate bombing. 

The list could go on…  you’ll not agree of course. These people who express these opinions do live countries that have also killed innocents in previous wars though. So Israel shouldn’t take a word of their advice 🙄

Edited by London Wanderer

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Halting the illegal displacement & attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank

Preventing mass starvation & famine in Gaza.

Securing hostage releases through ceasefire negotiations and not indiscriminate bombing. 

The list could go on…  you’ll not agree of course. These people who express these opinions also live countries that have also killed innocents in previous wars though. So Israel shouldn’t take a word of their advice 🙄

Well no shit, thats stating the obvious. How do they go about this? Peace talks have broken down and they’re still firing at each other. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Well no shit, thats stating the obvious. How do they go about this? Peace talks have broken down and they’re still firing at each other. 

I didn’t know you needed peace talks to give basic food and medicines.

The US have shown it’s not too difficult.

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

I didn’t know you needed peace talks to give basic food and medicines.

The US have shown it’s not too difficult.

Peace talks prevent both sides firing at each other. Do you think it would be easier to get aid through during a cease fire or not. 

Peace talks prevent both sides firing at each other. Do you think it would be easier to get aid through during a cease fire or not. 

Israel systematically denies the entry of aid to Gaza. This is a key piece of evidence in the genocide case against them.

Much of the aid comes from elsewhere, they don’t need a ceasefire to get it through.  But they still choose to deny it.

You don’t destroy Hamas through collective punishment. You only make matters worse.

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Israel systematically denies the entry of aid to Gaza. This is a key piece of evidence in the genocide case against them.

Much of the aid comes from elsewhere, they don’t need a ceasefire to get it through.  But they still choose to deny it.

You don’t destroy Hamas through collective punishment. You only make matters worse.

Tell the class how they should do it then. Or how the military advisor (s) you follow suggest they should do it. 

Tell the class how they should do it then. Or how the military advisor (s) you follow suggest they should do it. 

On 26 January, the International Court of Justice recognised the plausibility of Israel committing genocide and ordered it to allow the delivery of urgently needed basic services and humanitarian aid to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In January, before the Court’s decision, an average of 147 trucks entered Gaza every day. Since the ruling was issued, only 57 trucks have entered Gaza between 9 and 21 February 2024.

“Israel is not respecting its international legal obligations, is not complying with the provisional measures of the International Court of Justice, and is committing atrocity crimes,” the experts said.

“Israel systematically denies and restricts the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza by intercepting deliveries at checkpoints, bombing humanitarian convoys and shooting at civilians seeking humanitarian assistance,” they said.

Fifteen children have already died of malnutrition at Kamal Adwan Hospital in Gaza City, and there are fears that the figures could be higher in other hospitals. As the risk of famine continues to rise, all children under five – 335,000 – are at high risk of severe malnutrition, with serious negative impact on their development and their right to health. At least 90 per cent of children under five are affected by one or more infectious diseases, and 70 per cent have diarrhoea. In January, one in six infants (children under two) in northern Gaza were found to be acutely malnourished, leading to a condition known as wasting.

We have said before: we are alarmed to see an entire civilian population suffering such unprecedented starvation, so quickly and completely,” the experts said. “We have been saying for months that widespread famine is imminent in Gaza.”

They expressed horror that children were starting to die from malnutrition, dehydration and hunger. “When children start dying like this, you know that famine is probably already happening or just around the corner,” the experts said.

Reports on the recent negotiations between Hamas and Israel on a proposed 40-day ceasefire have revealed that, as part of the terms of the negotiations, Israel has committed to allow the entry of trucks and the delivery of tents, caravans, essential fuel, construction materials and equipment to rehabilitate critical infrastructure such as hospitals and bakeries.

“Humanitarian aid must not be used as a bargaining chip in negotiations,” the experts said. The provision of humanitarian aid is the minimum basic humanitarian obligation that Israel must provide unconditionally, they said.

Happy reading RW - https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/03/un-experts-condemn-flour-massacre-urge-israel-end-campaign-starvation-gaza

Slightly astounded someone with your level of military expertise thinks it’s so difficult for Israel to allow aid into Gaza.

Thank fuck the US have stepped up 👍

On 26 January, the International Court of Justice recognised the plausibility of Israel committing genocide and ordered it to allow the delivery of urgently needed basic services and humanitarian aid to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. In January, before the Court’s decision, an average of 147 trucks entered Gaza every day. Since the ruling was issued, only 57 trucks have entered Gaza between 9 and 21 February 2024.

“Israel is not respecting its international legal obligations, is not complying with the provisional measures of the International Court of Justice, and is committing atrocity crimes,” the experts said.

“Israel systematically denies and restricts the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza by intercepting deliveries at checkpoints, bombing humanitarian convoys and shooting at civilians seeking humanitarian assistance,” they said.

Fifteen children have already died of malnutrition at Kamal Adwan Hospital in Gaza City, and there are fears that the figures could be higher in other hospitals. As the risk of famine continues to rise, all children under five – 335,000 – are at high risk of severe malnutrition, with serious negative impact on their development and their right to health. At least 90 per cent of children under five are affected by one or more infectious diseases, and 70 per cent have diarrhoea. In January, one in six infants (children under two) in northern Gaza were found to be acutely malnourished, leading to a condition known as wasting.

We have said before: we are alarmed to see an entire civilian population suffering such unprecedented starvation, so quickly and completely,” the experts said. “We have been saying for months that widespread famine is imminent in Gaza.”

They expressed horror that children were starting to die from malnutrition, dehydration and hunger. “When children start dying like this, you know that famine is probably already happening or just around the corner,” the experts said.

Reports on the recent negotiations between Hamas and Israel on a proposed 40-day ceasefire have revealed that, as part of the terms of the negotiations, Israel has committed to allow the entry of trucks and the delivery of tents, caravans, essential fuel, construction materials and equipment to rehabilitate critical infrastructure such as hospitals and bakeries.

“Humanitarian aid must not be used as a bargaining chip in negotiations,” the experts said. The provision of humanitarian aid is the minimum basic humanitarian obligation that Israel must provide unconditionally, they said.

Happy reading RW - https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/03/un-experts-condemn-flour-massacre-urge-israel-end-campaign-starvation-gaza

Slightly astounded someone with your level of military expertise thinks it’s so difficult for Israel to allow aid into Gaza.

Thank fuck the US have stepped up 👍

You’ve totally ignored the question I asked 🤦🏻

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’ve totally ignored the question I asked 🤦🏻

The how’s are all in there RW. Just read it fully lad. Did they not teach you reading comprehension & critical thinking skills in military school?

Let me know if you’ve found the answers by tomorrow afternoon 👍

The how’s are all in there RW. Just read it fully lad. Did they not teach you reading comprehension & critical thinking skills in military school?

Let me know if you’ve found the answers by tomorrow afternoon 👍

Oh dear, it looks like It’s your reading that’s not up to scratch.  Unless you can highlight where it describes how Israel should destroy Hamas. 

You’d of thunk the basics for a teacher would be the ability to read. Guess not. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sad, but tough.

No one gave a fuck about the many thousands of civilians Germans and Japanese that were killed in ww1 and 2. 

Repeat for any conflict where an invader has been given a bloody nose.

Where have all these objections been when one Islamic country kills thousands of others in another Islamic country.

Where are your objections to the hideous happenings in Sudan; where British servicemen on observation duty have to watch whilst one group deliberately targets another in mass killings.

It's war, and its horrible, but it is remarkable how as soon as it's Jewish people that defend themselves, so many come out of the woodwork to object, and can only offer a numbers game by means of justification. 

Maybe a hidden touch of antisemitism just creeps out occasionally.

The thread title is 'Meanwhile in Israel', not 'Meanwhile in Sudan'.

7 hours ago, royal white said:

You’d of thunk  

What the fck is this 🤣 ??

Again, the answers are there, if you look hard enough. You don’t destroy Hamas through indiscriminate death & destruction. That may temporarily help, but it won’t prevent extremism in the long run. 

There are alternatives methods, as the article points out. 

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

What the fck is this 🤣 ??

Again, the answers are there, if you look hard enough. You don’t destroy Hamas through indiscriminate death & destruction. That may temporarily help, but it won’t prevent extremism in the long run. 

There are alternatives methods, as the article points out. 

Seriously?? 🤦🏻

Nothing in that article comes close to describing a way of destroying Hamas. Which is what we are looking for is it not? 

If you don’t know just say that you don’t. You look stilly posting links that don’t reflect what you think you’re trying to say. 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Seriously?? 🤦🏻

Nothing in that article comes close to describing a way of destroying Hamas. Which is what we are looking for is it not? 

If you don’t know just say that you don’t. You look stilly posting links that don’t reflect what you think you’re trying to say. 

Of course it does - you're just not looking at any of the alternatives. What would you like from me, a miliary tactics overview, outlining each nook and cranny on the streets of Gaza? 

In your little black and white bubble, the only solution is the complete destruction of Hamas. Whilst most of us know that's a complete fantasy. The US have said today that the Israeli response is causing more hurt than good and that they should learn from our mistakes after 9/11. I happen to agree with them. Israel have told people to leave Raffah for safety and provided them with no aid and medicine - that doesn't help destroy Hamas, it only radicalises more.  

Israel has the right to defend itself - it's obvious to a lot of experts that they're handling this wrong. But what would we expect from the most extreme government in it's history? 

You can clutch at straws calling it a silly opinion, but it's shared by many 👍

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Of course it does - you're just not looking at any of the alternatives. What would you like from me, a miliary tactics overview, outlining each nook and cranny on the streets of Gaza? 

In your little black and white bubble, the only solution is the complete destruction of Hamas. Whilst most of us know that's a complete fantasy. The US have said today that the Israeli response is causing more hurt than good and that they should learn from our mistakes after 9/11. I happen to agree with them. Israel have told people to leave Raffah for safety and provided them with no aid and medicine - that doesn't help destroy Hamas, it only radicalises more.  

Israel has the right to defend itself - it's obvious to a lot of experts that they're handling this wrong. But what would we expect from the most extreme government in it's history? 

You can clutch at straws calling it a silly opinion, but it's shared by many 👍

“You don’t destroy Hamas through collective punishment” your words

When asked how to destroy them you posted a link about aid, nothing to do with destroying them.

You’re quick to point out what they’re doing wrong but have given no explanation on how they can achieve their aim. And to keep quoting America, a country that has probably killed more innocents in recent conflicts than any other country is, well just a bit silly.

Only person clutching at straws here is you lad