Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters?

DC08WFC

• Moderators

20 years ago, Wembley was full of passionate Sheffield United and Wednesday fans. Where are they now?

People who think folk having a good old sing song helps the players are on the same level as Diddles IMO. The biggest cunts you encounter at games, apart from those windmilling at women and kids, are those trying to get people singing by abusing them. Grade A cunts.

20 years ago, Wembley was full of passionate Sheffield United and Wednesday fans. Where are they now?

People who think folk having a good old sing song helps the players are on the same level as Diddles IMO. The biggest cunts you encounter at games, apart from those windmilling at women and kids, are those trying to get people singing by abusing them. Grade A cunts.

People singing or not does nt bother me, did my bit 20 odd years ago.what frustrates me is us not selling our tickets and people slagging the team off when they did nt even go.

No it wasn't. It was shit from the minute it started raining goals. Anyway who appointed you chief cheerleader? Whether people choose to sing for 90 minutes or sit and watch is up to them, not you. Perhaps you should have directed your criticisms at those who weren't there rather than those who were.

chief cheerleader haha

fair point about the stayaways....im bored of this now!

Hang on, so just because someone didn't go means they cannot criticise?

I've got a season ticket but only go to a handful of away games each season. Does that mean that for the away games I don't attend I'm not allowed to say anything bad if we lose?

Maybe some folk simply couldn't afford to go on Sunday (I did incidentally) what with the Easter holidays and maybe having to take the kids away, etc. Surely their opinions on the (lack of) performance are as valid as ours.

I've got a season ticket but only go to a handful of away games each season. Does that mean that for the away games I don't attend I'm not allowed to say anything bad if we lose?

Maybe some folk simply couldn't afford to go on Sunday (I did incidentally) what with the Easter holidays and maybe having to take the kids away, etc. Surely their opinions on the (lack of) performance are as valid as ours.

It wasn't that they can't criticise.

I think you missed the brother & sister act of Diddle saying he glad he didn't go when he was offered a ticket/lift & Bexy telling everyone, we lost, get over it. :roll:

nothing wrong with criticism but imo unless you have been to that game then your opinion is nt valid. eg two of your mates talking about a match they have just watched, one went to the game the other watched on tv , which account of the game do you trust more. i could nt afford to go on sunday with my two lads but i did ,i would hazzard a guess that the pubs around bolton were full of people who could nt afford to go.stoke did nt have a problem selling their tickets

Okay, fair points, although IMO its a bit harsh to think someone's point is invalid because they didn't go... without considering why they didn't.

Alos, regardless of whether someone went or not, their point can always be valid, it's simply down to whether or not you value their opinion.

Apologies, I don't think what I meant to say came out the right way.

Let's just say, for example, you CAN afford to go to the game, you ARE able to get to the game, however you simply CANNOT BE ARSE to go then your opinion is neither valid nor wanted.

Let's just say, for example, you CAN afford to go to the game, you ARE able to get to the game, however you simply CANNOT BE ARSE to go then your opinion is neither valid nor wanted.

Introduce yourself to didles. :D

• Site Supporter

players efforts didnt help but like i mentioned earlier we was poor from the off.... to be honest apart from birmingham away i feel we are disjointed as a support on lots of occasions

what a load of utter fukcin rubbish!

So you do agree with me then, :D

Right, once and for all.

... if someone genuinely can't afford to go or have other commitments then I'd respect their opinion and, IMO, it would count.

However, if someone has the opportunity to go, yet simply decides they'd rather be doing something else instead then, again IMO, their opinion ain't worth shit.

All clear?

:thumbsup:

Right, once and for all.

... if someone genuinely can't afford to go or have other commitments then I'd respect their opinion and, IMO, it would count.

However, if someone has the opportunity to go, yet simply decides they'd rather be doing something else instead then, again IMO, their opinion ain't worth shit.

All clear?

:thumbsup:

what was the question.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.