Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jft 96 Campaigners

tomski

The report addressed all the issues in far greater detail and that was the conclusion. You might as well blame every single football hooligan for creating an environment were fences were deemed necessary in the first place. Turning up without a ticket wouldn't have resulted in the death of anyone if it had been properly policed.

No one is disputing football fans, in general, used to behave like knobs.  No one is disputing that the police made some catastrophic errors.  No one is disputing that the fans who died were in any way to blame for their own deaths ... and no one should dispute that those fans outside the ground on that day contributed to the events.

The lies and the cover-ups that ensued were nothing short of disgusting.  Unfortunately though, the lies that were told seem to now have got in the way of the real truth ever being told.  No one in any sort of authority will ever dare to suggest that Liverpool fans in any way contributed to the disaster.

Edited by DazBob

Fences were deeming necessary by Thatcher's government. I can't believe someone is siding with them and blaming fans for the fence. Do fuck off.

No they weren't. Thatcher wasn't even in power when the first fences were erected.

No one is disputing football fans, in general, used to behave like knobs.  No one is disputing that the police made some catastrophic errors.  No one is disputing that the fans who died were in any way to blame for their own deaths ... and no one should dispute that those fans outside the ground on that day contributed to the events.

The lies and the cover-ups that ensued were nothing short of disgusting.  Unfortunately though, the lies that were told seem to now have got in the way of the real truth ever being told.  No one in any sort of authority will ever dare to suggest that Liverpool fans in any way contributed to the disaster.

Do you know how many fans turned up without tickets because i don't. The report was compiled by people with access to ALL the evidence and they deemed that part of it to be an insignificant factor in the disaster. The police should have been prepared and they weren't. They'd even had a full-scale dress rehearsal the year before. Same teams. Same ground.

Edited by COYW

Do you know how many fans turned up without tickets because i don't. The report was compiled by people with access to ALL the evidence and they deemed that part of it to be an insignificant factor in the disaster. The police should have been prepared and they weren't. They'd even had a full-scale dress rehearsal the year before. Same teams. Same ground.

Good to see they learnt their lesson though innit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-459708/Ticket-stealing-Liverpool-fans-branded-worst-Europe-UEFA.html

Maybe not the first, we'd have to ask Malc on that one. Thatcher's look took pride in sticking big fucking spikes on top so you couldn't climb them.

Thatcher's government had nothing to do with the fences. Clubs took it upon themselves to do it. Thatchers big idea was 'ID' cards for every football supporter.

They were a disgrace that game v Athens im told (by one of their own fans)

Hundreds waving bank cards to gain access to the ground etc

Plenty of ticketless tried to force their way the year they played Arsenal away in the CL, may of been the same season actually.

• Moderators

Thatcher's government had nothing to do with the fences. Clubs took it upon themselves to do it. Thatchers big idea was 'ID' cards for every football supporter.

You might be right, although it's impossible to state categorically that it was nothing to do with the government of the day, as you've done.

However Ken Bates wanted to electrify them but was overruled. Ergo politicians had SOME control over them.

You might be right, although it's impossible to state categorically that it was nothing to do with the government of the day, as you've done.

However Ken Bates wanted to electrify them but was overruled. Ergo politicians had SOME control over them.

They didn't tell Ken Bates to erect a twelve foot high fence which is what you were implying earlier.

1) It was a different era, a long ass time ago. Let it go FFS.

2) They were only scousers, so nobody apart from scousers care. They're basically human vermin anyways.

3) This is a BWFC site, so take your compo-seeking ass back down the M62 and let's talk about things that are relevant.

All the families are after now is more money. Compensation won't bring the dead back to life. I'll never understand that. I need compensation because a loved one died. Why? Just let them rest FFS and stop bleating.

Only Scousers...only human vermin? How very sympathetic of you. It takes one to know one is about the best I can say for you. I'd love to see you repeat that comment to the mother of someone whose teenage son or daughter died that day. Why don't you do us a favour and crawl back under your stone?End of thread.

1) It was a different era, a long ass time ago. Let it go FFS.

2) They were only scousers, so nobody apart from scousers care. They're basically human vermin anyways.

3) This is a BWFC site, so take your compo-seeking ass back down the M62 and let's talk about things that are relevant.

All the families are after now is more money. Compensation won't bring the dead back to life. I'll never understand that. I need compensation because a loved one died. Why? Just let them rest FFS and stop bleating.

Only Scousers...only human vermin? How very sympathetic of you. It takes one to know one is about the best I can say for you. I'd love to see you repeat that comment to the mother of someone whose teenage son or daughter died that day. Why don't you do us a favour and crawl back under your stone?End of thread.

Thankfully tragic policing fuck ups resulting in the deaths of 96 people - then the cover up which followed - don't happen every day. And the compensation word you seem to be obsessed with has never been mentioned in any interview I've ever seen with Trevor Hicks or any of the others who lost their kids that day. What they always wanted, just as you would want, is the facts about what went so horribly wrong...and for those who didn't do their jobs properly to such a catastrophic degree, and then lied about it, to be held accountable. End of story.

Thankfully tragic policing fuck ups resulting in the deaths of 96 people - then the cover up which followed - don't happen every day. And the compensation word you seem to be obsessed with has never been mentioned in any interview I've ever seen with Trevor Hicks or any of the others who lost their kids that day. What they always wanted, just as you would want, is the facts about what went so horribly wrong...and for those who didn't do their jobs properly to such a catastrophic degree, and then lied about it, to be held accountable. End of story.

The facts won't bring the dead back. That's all I'm saying.

Let them rest in peace.

No, you're right, they won't. But dishonouring their memory (not just you) with cracks about pissed up, thieving Scousers - as though no other club, including our own, has had fans turn up to games late and pissed (and maybe without tickets too, I don't know, just as nobody, by definition, has any idea how many of those pushing to get in the Leppings Lane end didn't have tickets - except that oracle of truth The Sun of course) - isn't the answer.

R.I.P. the 96.

Edited by davidjack

No, you're right, they won't. But dishonouring their memory (not just you) with cracks about pissed up, thieving Scousers - as though no other club, including our own, has had fans turn up to games late and pissed (and maybe without tickets too, I don't know, just as nobody, by definition, has any idea how many of those pushing to get in the Leppings Lane end didn't have tickets - except that oracle of truth The Sun of course) - isn't the answer.

R.I.P. the 96.

So the Scousers all had tickets?

They weren't pissed up?

They weren't already trying to get in without tickets before the wrong gate was opened?

Whether other teams' fans have behaved the same way in the past or not, doesn't alter the fact that the Liverpool fans action contributed to the overall tragedy.

Trust me, I know what happened that day.