Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Today's Racing

enzo gambaro

Obviously don't know how fit he is, but Le Reve looks a big price for the 1.50 at Cheltenham.

He's pretty consistent, he's gone well first time out and he's on a decent mark for a yard in decent form.

He does most of his racing on right handed tracks, which is a bit off-putting, but I'm still not convinced he should be available at 50/1.

Besides, if they're aiming him at Aintree in April he'll have to get used to going round the other way!

He'll probably roll up fat as fuck and then hack round for a circuit before calling it a day, but still...

I like For Good Measure in the 3.35 and can see William of Orange running a decent race in the 3.15 at Wetherby.

They'll need fucking snorkels at Haydock.

Some great old favourites knocking about there and at Ascot. Fancy Zarkandar against a first time out Yanworth and I thought Sire de Grugy ran well enough in the Old Roan not to be fifth in the betting today. Same applies to Silviniaco Conti at Haydock after a decent first run at Down Royal.

Think Vibrato Valtat is overpriced to beat God's Own and Dodging Bullets,and I like Caid du Berlais off top weight in the handicap hurdle at Haydock.