Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Cold Day In New Bury On The 73.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Traf said:

As kids, the 22 was longer.  Bolton to Stockport via New Bury, Walkden, Eccles, Burnage etc

All for 2p. 

Oldham away - 2p

Just trying to recall any other local (within SELNEC bus area) games between Div 3 Champs in 73 and Div 2 Champs 78.

Scum in 75 but didn’t go.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

All for 2p. 

Oldham away - 2p

Just trying to recall any other local (within SELNEC bus area) games between Div 3 Champs in 73 and Div 2 Champs 78.

Scum in 75 but didn’t go.

Went quite a few on the bus late 70s and 80s  was it the trans Lancashire express number 500 from Bolton through Bury, Rochdale and Oldham. Did city a Man U away late 70s down to Salford precinct and across the flats to catch another bus. Was dodgy 10-15 walk across those flats back then for a 14 year old.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Underpants said:

535 up Belmont Road. If the 535 wasn't available, and I fancied a walk, I would catch the 534. Clipper card wanker.

EqO5S3e.png

Used to cut up to about number 7 or 8 once it was used for an extra few rides using a second clipper-card as a template.

7 hours ago, Underpants said:

535 up Belmont Road. If the 535 wasn't available, and I fancied a walk, I would catch the 534. Clipper card wanker.

EqO5S3e.png

Same here used to get off at Wilkinson’s Sanitorium or The Top Shop. That walk could be a bit hairy sometimes if I got the 534. Remember them being the 55 and 54 buses