Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (A)

mattbwfc19

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

There were so many groups of young Peterborough lads on the prowl yesterday in the town centre.

Haven’t seen this at any of our away game for some time….

Didn’t see a punch thrown or anything but they were clearly making their presence felt.

I did a very quick dart to the station at the final whistle as I was getting a train on to London, and plod was marshalling about 10-15 lads away from the ground. Think one got nicked maybe, I wasn't hanging about though.

Didn't notice much else before or after though.

A few I spoke to on the platform seemed a bit shell-shocked by the scoreline, as was I. Tried my best to not be too giddy but days like that don't come around too often...!

Funny isn't it how score lines can influence what we think of a performance. 

I thought we were under par against Peterborough and yet we walloped them 5-0. 

God help them if we had been in form!

However, Trafford had to make more saves than usual, we got better treatment from the ref than ever (two pens) and we actually played less well than we have played in other matches that we have subsequently drawn or lost... 

Our subs didn't really have an impact IMHO. But in the end, it gave 5 lads a bit of a rest. 

Who would have ever thought, Charles hatrick and Santos brace? 

1 hour ago, Jayjay23 said:

Funny isn't it how score lines can influence what we think of a performance. 

I thought we were under par against Peterborough and yet we walloped them 5-0. 

God help them if we had been in form!

However, Trafford had to make more saves than usual, we got better treatment from the ref than ever (two pens) and we actually played less well than we have played in other matches that we have subsequently drawn or lost... 

Our subs didn't really have an impact IMHO. But in the end, it gave 5 lads a bit of a rest. 

Who would have ever thought, Charles hatrick and Santos brace? 

Definitely wasn’t under par. They were playing well but we was matching them apart from a couple of scares.

second half we bossed it.

don’t think Peterborough will be far off the play offs and it’s give us a buffer now. Two massive games this week

8 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

This. The importance of beating Posh was that a top six place is finally in our own hands regardless of teams winning games in hand. No more slip ups and we're good.

It was in our own hands before saturday.

If we won all our games, peterboro couldnt catch us, as by defination they would lose (as they did) on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

If we won all our games, peterboro couldnt catch us, as by defination they would lose (as they did) on Saturday.

See what you did there. If they'd won they'd be on 47 with three games in hand on us and we'd be just 6 points ahead.on 53. A draw would have suited them.

It was a proper 6 pointer - but as you say we won.

Edited by Wanderlust

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Nah mate. If they'd won they'd be on 47 with three games in hand on us and we'd be just 6 points ahead.on 53.

It was a proper 6 pointer.

Lusty, I think you’ve missed Ziggy’s point that when teams play each other they can’t both win all their games. If pre-three o’clock on Saturday was the start point of the run in, only Bolton managed to go to the next game undefeated.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Lusty, I think you’ve missed Ziggy’s point that when teams play each other they can’t both win all their games. If pre-three o’clock on Saturday was the start point of the run in, only Bolton managed to go to the next game undefeated.

Have already edited accordingly

Having just woken up from the SB late night shift it was a bit early for pedantry :)

Edited by Wanderlust

11 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

She didn't do a lot wrong to be fair, it was next to us. The clown of a passenger slapped her so really could have got what was coming to her the snooty boot

Take your word as you was closer

it looked like her fella was getting pissed off with her and kept dragging her back to her seat

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

No presumed that happened near your video? Thought we was in same carriage as you 

No. I’m not sure how many carriages were on the train we got on in Nottingham but you were in the next carriage forward of us.

Edited by MickyD
Added ‘carriages’ for clarity