Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nathan Jones.

leigh white

43 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Great, great tune from 1971.

Must have been Luton fans ... "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long".

Can remember listening to this song when I was supping in the pub at 17 and thinking, I wonder If anyone gets the bullet from Southamton in 52 years time who has the same name as the song.😀

• Members

The Bolton Castle (or just The Castle as it was in '71). 50 odd apprentices on after the last day at Walmsleys training school out on the lash.

War going on between the soul inspired lot (including me) putting recently released Nathan Jones on the jukebox over and over again and some dopey cunts doing the same with "Jump up and down and wave your knickers in the air" or summat like that.

Always associate Nathan Jones with the Castle now even though it went down a storm at Bolton Palais.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, leigh white said:

Can remember listening to this song when I was supping in the pub at 17 and thinking, I wonder If anyone gets the bullet from Southamton in 52 years time who has the same name as the song.😀

I remember listening to it thinking I wonder if M will still be lying about his age in 52 years time 😁

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

The Bolton Castle (or just The Castle as it was in '71). 50 odd apprentices on after the last day at Walmsleys training school out on the lash.

War going on between the soul inspired lot (including me) putting recently released Nathan Jones on the jukebox over and over again and some dopey cunts doing the same with "Jump up and down and wave your knickers in the air" or summat like that.

Always associate Nathan Jones with the Castle now even though it went down a storm at Bolton Palais.

So spoiled in those days with good tunes and thought it would never end.

11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

'Proto Block Party DJ Battle' ,would make a funny band name. 

Got a stereo record player for my 18th (the first in our house) and bought myself the Motown chartbusters vol six. Spaced the speakers about six feet apart. I was amazed at the sounds coming from the speakers on Nathan Jones, better than any other track. Still sounds great today.