Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Client ref's for Portsmouth

R5dean

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Stig said:

Most people don't like to just "chance it" for a ticket. I now know how easy it is to get things sorted by ringing the ticket office, but sometimes that's been a 10min wait. Occasional supporters/neutrals aren't going to bother.

I'm not a fan of a membership scheme just to watch football. I wouldn't be a member of anything else to watch something as a one off.

Well everything seems to have worked out ok on Monday. 🤷‍♂️

• Site Supporter

On my only away this season I needed an extra ticket. I rang the TO and the young lady there couldn't have been more helpful considering I'd no away history.

Is your wife a member ? No, she's not. Well just make her a member then she can have a ticket.

54 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Tbf you have to have accounts to purchase most form of tickets for anything nowadays.

Yes an account would be fine. But like the original poster I've got family members I've added accounts for and for whatever reason (bwfc IT dept being rubbish being main culprit) haven't been able to add them as members. I'm at the position now where only one kid would be able to come with me to Wembley and I should definitely call up to sort this out before it's too late! 😂

Like I say, any other "show" and I would give up. It's not conducive to adding new fans

55 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Well everything seems to have worked out ok on Monday. 🤷‍♂️

What....?

If you mean lots of people watched the game, great. But we've seen attendances bigger than that and football in a lot of places if having a resurgence. 

Anything that could stop more people going to the game is a no for me, and the membership is a rigmarole we don't need

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Stig said:

What....?

If you mean lots of people watched the game, great. But we've seen attendances bigger than that and football in a lot of places if having a resurgence. 

Anything that could stop more people going to the game is a no for me, and the membership is a rigmarole we don't need

It's only a rigmarole if you make it one. The membership thing has made very little difference, if any, to how tickets are purchased. Someone phoning the ticket office and ordering a ticket for the first time isn't going to change their mind when they're asked for their name and address, which is needed anyway to send the tickets out. And purchasing them in the ticket office in person is a piece of piss. Setting a membership up online is probably a bit of a faff for people who aren't used to doing that sort of thing, but it's no more difficult than entering your card details or setting up an account on any other online shop.

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's only a rigmarole if you make it one. The membership thing has made very little difference, if any, to how tickets are purchased. Someone phoning the ticket office and ordering a ticket for the first time isn't going to change their mind when they're asked for their name and address, which is needed anyway to send the tickets out. And purchasing them in the ticket office in person is a piece of piss. Setting a membership up online is probably a bit of a faff for people who aren't used to doing that sort of thing, but it's no more difficult than entering your card details or setting up an account on any other online shop.

No it's not the same at all. I'm not a technophile but I still only have one kid on "member" status (so I've put that kid as ST holder despite not often going) versus the other kids and wife who are only on "account" status no matter what I do. For now it's not presented a problem for me so I haven't been arsed to sort it. But come a game where multiple kids want to come (or once a blue moon the wife) it will be a ball ache to sort it.

This is the kind of nonsense that puts off people who aren't that fussed

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Stig said:

No it's not the same at all. I'm not a technophile but I still only have one kid on "member" status (so I've put that kid as ST holder despite not often going) versus the other kids and wife who are only on "account" status no matter what I do. For now it's not presented a problem for me so I haven't been arsed to sort it. But come a game where multiple kids want to come (or once a blue moon the wife) it will be a ball ache to sort it.

A 5 minute phone call would resolve the lot. And I'm sure the system will improve as it evolves.

Edited by Cheese

47 minutes ago, Stig said:

Go online. Go to memberships. Add them to your basket. Assign them to your kids and wife. Sorted. 

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

A 5 minute phone call would resolve the lot. And I'm sure the system will improve as it evolves.

At the risk of repeating myself, I know that and will ring the ticket office at some point, but my point is occasional/new fans probably don't. They'll just try to book online, it won't let them and they'll give up.

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Go online. Go to memberships. Add them to your basket. Assign them to your kids and wife. Sorted. 

Doesn't work. The system is as glitchy as they come. 

2 minutes ago, Stig said:

At the risk of repeating myself, I know that and will ring the ticket office at some point, but my point is occasional/new fans probably don't. They'll just try to book online, it won't let them and they'll give up.

Doesn't work. The system is as glitchy as they come. 

Do you get a particular error message? Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s been turned off for the time being to stop Pompey fans signing up as members. Try again Mon/Tues and if that doesn’t work send their client reference numbers (it’ll be in brackets after their name in your network) to ticketsales@bwfc.co.uk and they’ll sort it with no need to go down in person or sit in a phone queue 👍 

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Do you get a particular error message? Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s been turned off for the time being to stop Pompey fans signing up as members. Try again Mon/Tues and if that doesn’t work send their client reference numbers (it’ll be in brackets after their name in your network) to ticketsales@bwfc.co.uk and they’ll sort it with no need to go down in person or sit in a phone queue 👍 

No I tried sorting them all out in the summer, it didn't work so I gave up. Been meaning to call the ticket office to sort but haven't got round to it. 

My wider point is, if that's the kind of thing that is happening, it will put people off who just fancy going to a game on a whim. 

7 hours ago, Stig said:

No I tried sorting them all out in the summer, it didn't work so I gave up. Been meaning to call the ticket office to sort but haven't got round to it. 

My wider point is, if that's the kind of thing that is happening, it will put people off who just fancy going to a game on a whim. 

Give them an email and they’ll sort it

On 05/04/2024 at 08:22, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s madness.

Can’t think of many other business that makes  it such hard work to make a purchase.

I read a story last week where some neutral lads tried to buy tickets for our game v Reading, they found it so difficult they  ended up giving up and went to Blackburns game instead.

Yeah I saw that. 4 lads just wanted to see a game. Got the train to HP, went to the ticket office and were flat out told "No" - It's absolutely ridiculous. Potentially a couple of hundred extra quid there and they just scoffed at it.

It's not the first time I've heard of it happening too. Group of lads from Scandi last season on a stag-do were going watching City on the Sunday, wanted to watch us on the Saturday and... Computer says no

55 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

I still think the attendance was over inflated though

Hence they are trying the ticket exchange. 

The attendance was tickets sold and accounted for. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltonboris said:

I still think the attendance was over inflated though

As Gonzo says, the figure is tickets sold. I don't think it was far off the actual attendence though.

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As Gonzo says, the figure is tickets sold. I don't think it was far off the actual attendence though.

Yeah I know (little Britain voice)

But tickets sold should not equate to attendance. Attendance is supposed to be people attending. But it's obviously commercially better for us to report the highest number possible so we can waive the figures in front of potential match day sponsors.

Just now, boltonboris said:

But tickets sold should not equate to attendance. Attendance is supposed to be people attending. But it's obviously commercially better for us to report the highest number possible so we can waive the figures in front of potential match day sponsors.

Which is good. So let's all keep it a secret :)

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

I know what you mean. Can't say I'm arsed either way though.