Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beach Balls - Portugal

Guest ian

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinaman has been in touch - funnily enough he's called BEAR.

He says the order for 1000 is very small and not competitive - but his price is just 0.65USD per ball.... with a 7 day turnaround. I reckon that works out at ??365 - a bargain... but is it too risky?

See message below....

Hope you doing well!

Though the courtesy of Globalsources online.we are very nice to get your enquire about the beach ball.At first,thanks for your interested in our products,we will do our utmost to be of service to you!

Before offering the details for this goods, I would like to tell you that it is one of 12 years experienced company itself.we had exorted a large amout of goods to many countries,so i'm sure the product will bring the big profit for you.

Now,as requested bu you,I would like to tell you that you quantity is so small, as you know,the cost is on the high side!In my pinion, it is not of good value!Here we offer the price for you reference below. we are surely that it is helpful for us to open the business relationship on the mutual advantage.

ITEM:Beach ball

QUANTITY:1000 PCS

FOBshenzhen:0.65usd/pc

SPC: blue and white Print - WANDERERSWAYS EUROPEAN TOUR 2005/06

LEAD TIME: 7 days

Any questions, do not hesitate to contact me freely!

Best regards

yours Bear

YINMAO GROUP

TEL:0086-755-82282580

FAX:0086-755-82173963

MSN:xiong2081@hotmail.com

????????bear

????????bear@yinmaogroup.com

??????????2005-10-26

Can just picture the article in the BEN with a mob of us holding up the balls..... wearing these......

bomber.jpg

are nt you using a German font for these ? surely there is british one ?

and are they the right words ?

'there were ten german bombers flying in the air

and if the RAF from bolton came and shot one down'

pedantic....maybe.....

He says the order for 1000 is very small and not competitive - but his price is just 0.65USD per ball.... with a 7 day turnaround. I reckon that works out at ??365 - a bargain... but is it too risky?

See message below....

Hope you doing well!

Though the courtesy of Globalsources online.we are very nice to get your enquire about the beach ball.At first,thanks for your interested in our products,we will do our utmost to be of service to you!

Before offering the details for this goods, I would like to tell you that it is one of 12 years experienced company itself.we had exorted a large amout of goods to many countries,so i'm sure the product will bring the big profit for you.

Now,as requested bu you,I would like to tell you that you quantity is so small, as you know,the cost is on the high side!In my pinion, it is not of good value!Here we offer the price for you reference below. we are surely that it is helpful for us to open the business relationship on the mutual advantage.

Best regards

yours Bear

YINMAO GROUP

????????bear

??????????2005-10-26

FOB Shenzen means that they will deliver them in 7 days to Shenzen. You need toa raange a freight forwarding agent, and pay your own freight & Import duty. 6 weeks on a boat is useless so you would need to airfreight them. You can at least double the original cost for that. In other words....

don't bother!!

See message below....

Hope you doing well!

Best regards

yours Bear

YINMAO GROUP

????????bear

??????????2005-10-26

FOB Shenzen means that they will deliver them in 7 days to Shenzen. You need to arrange a freight forwarding agent, and pay your own freight & Import duty. 6 weeks on a boat is useless so you would need to airfreight them. You can at least double the original cost for that. In other words....

don't bother!!

He's quite right, I deal with HK and Shenzen all the time through work. A forwarder from Shenzen would have to be arranged (don't worry, as I can use one of ours from work) it would be airfreighted and I would imagine this would cost up to ??150. An import duty would also have to be paid I would imagine - as there are probably numerous manufacturers based in Europe who could make the same product.

Also, you can't guarantee the quality of what you will get, and if it's crap they will just ignore you. You don't want to end up in the same situation as the Ashley Giles cups which all arrived with King of Spain on do you.

Go for a UK based manufacturer is possible, the unit cost may be higher, but the real cost is probably not a lot different.

If you're really interested, I can get the accurate cost for getting the goods in to the country from my forwaders - all I would need is the box dimensions and total weight. :D

REPLY FROM BEAR.... THINK WE SHOULD GO BRITISH FOR THIS ONE!

we are glad to offer the details according to you request as follows:

1, The beach balls have solid panels,and they are translucent. (??????)

2,Approx 12" deflated in diameter

3,First, we dont know how much the colors of your logo and message are? As you know, the diffrent colors needs more cost! Here it would be USD245 upon you printing 3 colors of you logo and all message!Please kindly inform us earier.then we can confirm the price clearly!

4, If you are interested in the printed message to appear on all the white

panels, It maybe need USD300 ?

5,Payment: T/T 30% at advance,70% before shipment

6,,The price we quoted subject the terms as follow:

A,3 colors of logo in one side

B,FOBshenzhen

C,you should pay the freight charges from shenzhen to UK

7, I'm not sure that if you ordered this week would you

definitely receive them in the UK before 21st November 2005.

But it is possible we can do it against we have the stock of material accordingly. As for the time you received,it is upon the kinds of delievery,by express or by air or by sea.

8, we do want to do business with you in the coming days.It is our honor to be of service to you.In order to show our sincerity at the first coopration,the price as same as we quoted last time for 2000pcs.

Best regards

Yours truly

Bear

pedantic....maybe.....

Early design - not taken this any further yet. Will amend the font accordingly - good point.

The words - sure yours aren't right. Tried to sing them and they didn't sound right.

Anyone shed light on these lyrics?

Got a sample ball, just arrived from UK supplier. Quality if fine. Solid panels, not translucent. Size is a bit smaller than I imagined. I'd say slightly bigger than a football, going to check with supplier to see if they have sent the wrong size - certainly not 13.8 inches.

Payment: T/T 30% at advance,70% before shipment

70% after delivery i'd have said

Chinese companies always want payment before shipping. They also want the payment in USD and by T/T (Electronic Transfer) which will also add another ??20-??30 to the transaction as a rule

Got a sample ball, just arrived from UK supplier. Quality if fine. Solid panels, not translucent. Size is a bit smaller than I imagined. I'd say slightly bigger than a football, going to check with supplier to see if they have sent the wrong size - certainly not 13.8 inches.

Depends how the size is measured, is it not measured top to bottom when it is deflated (so this would make it 6.9" top to bottom on each side) obviously when it's inflated it will appear smaller - hope that makes sense

pedantic....maybe.....

Early design - not taken this any further yet. Will amend the font accordingly - good point.

The words - sure yours aren't right. Tried to sing them and they didn't sound right.

Anyone shed light on these lyrics?

Sure its There were ten German Bombers in the air!!

suggested artwork for the balls....

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/viewtop...p=173204#173204

just spoke to 2 UK suppliers - both are still in the frame and closely priced. However, one stated that it would be impossible and pointless to print the message on all 3 white panels. thinking about it - its ??200 saved if we stick to just one panel.

the supplier who has sent the sample ball will be sending out another sample this evening - not sure why, could be the wrong size was sent to me.

think tomorrow is decision day.

They look the dogs b*llocks. It'll be fcukin mad in the stadium. How about this, all keep one each for the stadium but have one each for in that square the afternoon before the game!! It will beat hands down anything that occured in Euro 2004, the locals will think we are MENTAAAL!!! It will be like that Carling advert where hundreds of people are playing football in the street but this will be with hundreds of beach balls not just 1 ball (well OK - its almost like that advert!!). The press will love it, we will all be famous........

...anyway I'll have ??10's worth when they are sorted.

Even the 'Worthers' crew will want to join in, and even those chaps at 'thewanderer', look they have even been practising, this was taken at their last meeting by an 'insider' from WW. Pretenders!...

0529-3.jpg

Guest squidgy66

Heard nothing off the yanks yet. Judging by all the previous comments it looks as though we are ditching the international suppliers anyhow - too much can go wrong

Heard nothing off the yanks yet. Judging by all the previous comments it looks as though we are ditching the international suppliers anyhow - too much can go wrong

Think time is the issue, though a slow boat from China for the February match shouldn't be ruled out. By the sounds of it - a few lads on here have experience in the import/export game - so worth keeping it in mind. Could ask the Chinese to send us a sample for next time.