Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce in the Sunday Times

A day or so late but I was asleep most of yesterday!!

Big Sam was the double page feature interview in The Sunday Times this weekend.

Really good interview but I can not find the link to post from The Times web site.

A few good items in it though, all these are Sam's actual quotes:

Diouf cost us ??3M

Campo came for half the wages he was on at Real Madrid as he was desperate for first team football

Hierro (and this will make him even more of a hero) was on ZERO for a basic wage. He came and was paid just appearance money.

• Site Supporter
Hierro is a BWFC Legend despite only being here a season!

Watching him play was kinda scary when you realise how good he must've been 10 years ago!!

couldnt really call it a season, coz the 1st half was diabolical. 2nd half he was just immense...

• Moderators

Watching him play was kinda scary when you realise how good he must've been 10 years ago!!

couldnt really call it a season, coz the 1st half was diabolical. 2nd half he was just immense...

can't really call him a legend either for 1/2 a season

a footballing legend perhaps, but not a bwfc one

The article also mentioned that Sam was told to sell anything that moved when he arrived and that the board would have taken ??1.5m for Eidur and wanted to release Ricky on a free.

It was only the cup runs that year that gave him some breathing space, it makes where we are now even more of a miracle.

I think the opvation he received during the everton match showed what the fans, and especially his team mates thought of him. does anyone have a link to a video of his substitution that afternoon

Really good interview but I can not find the link to post from The Times web site.

Diouf cost us ??3M

Campo came for half the wages he was on at Real Madrid as he was desperate for first team football

Hierro (and this will make him even more of a hero) was on ZERO for a basic wage. He came and was paid just appearance money.

I thought Diouf cost us 4.5 Million :-k

Diouf cost us ??3M

thats according to the BEN and they are always the most reliable and non-biased source of info in the world!

Diouf cost us ??3M

If you look at http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details....?playerid=21278 no official transfer fee has ever been registered. If Sam says it was ??3M then I will take that from the horses mouth then the shite that comes from the BEN :D

If Diouf cost ??3 million then it is a sign that Sam peaked in 2004.

Diouf was a dud for that money.

As for when Sam reached his peak......he hasnt beaten a Premier League team away from home for over 4 months so his results arent as good as they were when he was at the height of his powers.

I feel the the words "fcuk off dickhead" coming to mind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.