Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Andy Johnson to Wigan

• Moderators

I would now be very dissapointed if we didn't up our bid to ??8.5M

I could accept if not understand it if he chose Wigan over us if we both bid the same but to not up our bid knowing it will be accepted would p??ss me off

• Moderators

zk, i don't think for one minute we can get a bid accepted

whelan will fund this out of his back pocket

we never intended doing that

we won't get johnson

tis dead i afraid

• Site Supporter
zk, i don't think for one minute we can get a bid accepted

whelan will fund this out of his back pocket

we never intended doing that

we won't get johnson

tis dead i afraid

agreed.

we will not pay that kinda money in one lump some...

• Moderators

fair enough

but he's not going to anybody that won't meet jordans valuation

wigan area godsend for jordan

a small club, wholl never attract 'big' players (bit like us) but with cash to burn

jordan couldn't have wished for anybody better than wigan in this auction

cept pompey, maybe #-o

Think our judgement is clouded somewhat, but still i can't imagine him wanting to go to wigan.

We are a well established prem team, they have yet to do that. I would be gutted if those cunts get him for just half a mil more than we bid

Jordan aint stupid he wants to keep Johnson thats why he has accepted wigans bid knowing full well johnson does not want to sign for them, johnson has now stated he will wait until his world cup future is decided, this is buying time to see if any other clubs are interested.

Jordan aint stupid he wants to keep Johnson thats why he has accepted wigans bid knowing full well johnson does not want to sign for them, johnson has now stated he will wait until his world cup future is decided, this is buying time to see if any other clubs are interested.

Out of the 3 Clubs that are supposed to be in for him, I doubt any look that much of an attractive destination, me thinks he would wait for a London Club to come n for him!

Out of the 3 Clubs that are supposed to be in for him, I doubt any look that much of an attractive destination, me thinks he would wait for a London Club to come n for him!

2 minutes pablo, very quick. =D>

• Moderators

quotes from Jordan on BBC regarding Wigan's bid

One club's close to matching our valuation. But whether Andrew Johnson decides to join that club is another matter.

aye, says it all to me

and then, from the BBC

It is claimed that the striker, who scored 21 goals for the Eagles in their Premiership season in 2004/05, would prefer a move to Everton.

quotes from Jordan on BBC regarding Wigan's bid

One club's close to matching our valuation. But whether Andrew Johnson decides to join that club is another matter.

aye, says it all to me

and then, from the BBC

It is claimed that the striker, who scored 21 goals for the Eagles in their Premiership season in 2004/05, would prefer a move to Everton.

Because of Beattie, and the fact that we have showd interest for some time!

Just about the money at the end of the day!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5011266.stm

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has accepted Wigan's ??8.5m offer for Andy Johnson and warned Bolton and Everton they must raise their bids.  

Bolton have offered ??8m for the 25-year-old striker, while Everton are prepared to pay ??7.25m.  

"Wigan are in the box seat," said Jordan. "Everton and Bolton are very keen to have the player's services, but they need to get a move on.  

"Wigan have offered money I consider reasonable and on the terms I want."

He added: "It is predominantly those three clubs who are interested in Andrew, although I believe there is also interest from Portsmouth."

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has accepted Wigan's ??8.5m offer for Andy Johnson and warned Bolton and Everton they must raise their bids.  

Bolton have offered ??8m for the 25-year-old striker, while Everton are prepared to pay ??7.25m.  

"Wigan are in the box seat," said Jordan. "Everton and Bolton are very keen to have the player's services, but they need to get a move on.  

He added: "It is predominantly those three clubs who are interested in Andrew, although I believe there is also interest from Portsmouth."

But this is the crux of the matter

But this is the crux of the matter

Tisn't

Not when Johnson says 'I ain't going to Wigan, and here's my transfer request'

Jordan's position of strength could evaporate quickly if that happens...and I suspect it might

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.