Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Penalties

HAPPY SHOP PIG

is it our fault as fans that were shit at pens ever since waddle got slated

the pressures been building

Total bollox. Getting paid thousands a week, you should learn to deal with the pressure, and most clubs have psychologists to help with this type of thing. If a player is taking a penalty thinking he's going to miss because of the pressure then he shouldn't be taking one in the first place. Stuart Pearce got slated too but look what he did in '96. The pure and simple fact is that we just haven't got the bottle.

is it our fault as fans that were shit at pens ever since waddle got slated

the pressures been building

Total bollox. Getting paid thousands a week, you should learn to deal with the pressure, and most clubs have psychologists to help with this type of thing. If a player is taking a penalty thinking he's going to miss because of the pressure then he shouldn't be taking one in the first place. Stuart Pearce got slated too but look what he did in '96. The pure and simple fact is that we just haven't got the bottle.

And certain players are not as good as the media as made them out to be , world class my arse

it was interesting that crouch said the players were too tired ](*,) ](*,)

carragher had only been on 2 minutes !!

but he also send went ok in traininf when everyone was fresh, maybe they shoudl take at the end of a hard training session when everyone is nt fresh ???

but more to do with bottle and quality than other factors me thinks.

but he also send went ok in traininf when everyone was fresh, maybe they shoudl take at the end of a hard training session when everyone is nt fresh ???

but more to do with bottle and quality than other factors me thinks.

I dont think they know what a hard train session was like , they were supposed to be the fittest England side ever , they didn't look like it they look shagged most of the time

I dont think they know what a hard train session was like , they were supposed to be the fittest England side ever , they didn't look like it they look shagged most of the time

Same thought struck me last night watching the Germans and Italians playing end to end for 120 minutes.

I blame the WAGS, Sven, McLaren, Beckham and Adolf for losing the war. If he hadnt we would now be Germanic and missing penalties would simply not be an option :D

• Moderators

He was having an energy drink at the end though. WHY???????/??

• Moderators

apparently when at Schalke, Lehmann got his hands on a database some bloke had set up that had every player in the bundesliga who had taken a penalty and what to do when they take them - e.g. stand tall, high left, low right

he'd study this before each game

and saved loads of penalties

apparently when at Schalke, Lehmann got his hands on a database some bloke had set up that had every player in the bundesliga who had taken a penalty and what to do when they take them - e.g. stand tall, high left, low right

he'd study this before each game

and saved loads of penalties

He also had a incredibly detailed list on the Argentinian players which was prepared by the German FA. The Germans approach penalties in a very prepared and professional manner, England by comparision reluctantly practised in Baden Baden as the press had given them so much grief in the past for not doing so. I can just visualise them now havin a laugh treating it like a kick about in a park ](*,) .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.