Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Borgetti Or Anelka?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Taken purely on a goals per game basis,it's fairly normal to compare strikers.

I know they are totally different types of player,and Anelka hopefully will come good - But from what i've seen so far,it's the Borg for me.

You're all looking back at the Borg with rose-tinted glasses. And as Sam says, he didn't do enough for the team "off the ball", whereas Anelka has worked his balls off and been important in other areas - Newcastle for example.

How many goals did the Borg score in the Prem?

How many games has Anelka played so far this season and we're criticising his scoring record already?

FFS - we're 3rd in the league and he has contributed towards that.

How many goals did the Borg score in the Prem?

Yeh,but how many did he play? There were plenty off here wanted the Borg to be given a chance,and a decent run in the team - he didn't get a chance to prove himself in the prem.

Anelka does bring something else to the team, and i sincerely hope he starts rattling 'em in,and i for one certainly haven't written him off just yet.

The thread was Anelka v Borg, a bit unfair maybe - but this is WW,and it's somat for us to talk/whinge/moan/ about :)

Yeh,but how many did he play? There were plenty off here wanted the Borg to be given a chance,and a decent run in the team - he didn't get a chance to prove himself in the prem.

Anelka does bring something else to the team, and i sincerely hope he starts rattling 'em in,and i for one certainly haven't written him off just yet.

The thread was Anelka v Borg, a bit unfair maybe - but this is WW,and it's somat for us to talk/whinge/moan/ about :)

The reason he didn't play many is because in our Manager's eyes he wasn't good enough! That's the point and I agree with him.

It's like when folk start screaming for Idal Tan to be brought on - "he'll change the game"...oh really, on what evidence?

The grass always seems greener for Bolton fans.

Anyway for me there's a huge gap in class between The Elk and The Borg.

We're 3rd in the f??cking league, and Anelka has been a major part of that.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I often wonder what most posters on here would be like if we really were sh??t.

:

If you had Johnson you would be 1st or 2nd!

Debatable at best, Pablo.

AJ wouldn't stop us conceding 4 v Man U, but may well have scored a pen at Charlton or a goal v Wigan.

Swings and roundabouts, mate. We're 3rd with an ??8m striker yet to score, so he can only improve.

You're 7th and your ??8.6m striker has delivered. You've peaked too soon, son! :D

Debatable at best, Pablo.

AJ wouldn't stop us conceding 4 v Man U, but may well have scored a pen at Charlton or a goal v Wigan.

Swings and roundabouts, mate. We're 3rd with an ??8m striker yet to score, so he can only improve.

You're 7th and your ??8.6m striker has delivered. You've peaked too soon, son! :D

Thats 4 point traff.

No such thing as peaking too soon, its called doing your job, its just an excuse to give miss-firing strikers.

Also....johnson has not cored since we beat Liverpool!!!

Shall have to remember that when you're next slagging us off!

8)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.