Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Takeover

bo1ton

Guest squidgy66
it says in the people that were about to be sold for 45 million thats why we aint spending much

With the exception of Anelka last year, aren't we spending more than average?

Guest squidgy66

However, if the price is right - and Wanderers are valued at about ?45million - there could be a complete change-over in the coming weeks as Bolton look set to become the latest top-flight club to change hands.

Wanderers have turned round their financial troubles under businessman Davies and have slashed their crippling debts in recent years thanks to success on the pitch under former boss Sam Allardyce and tight budgeting off it.

Bolton also have a top-class hotel and a vast amount of office and conference space in their modern ground, which cost them a fortune but may turn out to be their best asset.

Davies and chairman Gartside have been busy in the last few weeks, checking out the current value of other Premiership sides and sounding out experts in the field.

Wanderers would ideally want new investors prepared to pay for a fair chunk of the club - and hand over a large chunk of cash to buy new players.

There is no timescale on a deal, but it could be quick if one of the many foreign millionaires looking at Premiership outfits as an investment decide to move in on the Reebok.

Bolton have kept the purse strings tight this summer, adding to the theory that they are looking for help. Sam Allardyce left because he knew there would not be much to spend.

Manager Sammy Lee has had to recruit in the bargain basement as the Bolton money-men keep a lid on the debts to make the club more attractive for potential bidders.

The timing of a deal is crucial. Anyone taking over in the next month would find it hard to get players before the current transfer deadline expires.

Insiders believe that the more likely timetable for any change at the Reebok is towards the end of the year.

That would allow the new owners to run the rule over the current playing staff - and possibly spend big in the January transfer window.

If Davies sells he will get a nice return on his investment, from memory he paid 15 million for the club that will be a nice 30 million profit. Also would a takeover in the offing not explain the promotion of Sammy lee to manager, any new owners would would want a new high profile manager in place and it would not cost much to fire sammy lee. For 45 million and with a manageable debt level and a good infrastructure in place 45 million would be a bargain at current club values

• Site Supporter

usually i would just take this kind of story with a pinch of salt, but i recall gartside saying on many occasions that he is always looking for investors the problem being that its very difficult to get people to invest in such a small club.

maybe he has finally found that investor.

we all know eddie davies was never here to bankroll the club to success.

im currently happy with the way the club is run, but a shitload of cash would be nice.

undecided about this at the minute...........

Guest squidgy66
usually i would just take this kind of story with a pinch of salt, but i recall gartside saying on many occasions that he is always looking for investors the problem being that its very difficult to get people to invest in such a small club.

maybe he has finally found that investor.

we all know eddie davies was never here to bankroll the club to success.

im currently happy with the way the club is run, but a shitload of cash would be nice.

undecided about this at the minute...........

When we spoke to him yesterday, he didn't seem like a man overly unhappy about missing out on the full $2million prize. That doesn't sound like any accountant I've ever heard of unless he has something more lucrative up his sleeve :blink:

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

IT'S BUY-OUT WANDERERS!

EXCLUSIVE FOREIGN MONEY-MEN SET TO SWOOP RESHUFFLE AT THE REEBOK

By Alan Nixon

BOLTON WANDERERS are the latest Premier League club to become a target for major foreign buyers.

Talks are under way about a buyout or possible part-ownership.

The club's owner, Isle of Man based Eddie Davies, is willing to listen to the interest in the Reebok outfit and a top financial headhunter has been drafted in to put the deal together as soon as possible.

Seymour Pierce, who oversaw the drawn-out Manchester City takeover, are working as agents in the quest for new cash.

And negotiator Keith Harris - fresh from his latest deal - has found at least one potential buyer.

Club chairman Phil Gartside has had approaches and things could move swiftly, although the current regime would rather sell part of the club than hand it over entirely.

Is that possible buyer a green fluffy bird or a long armed monkey?

I'll get me coat. :roll:

so we sell up for ?45m. Eddie and PG get a nice pay day.

Then what, the new investors promise millions on players - but fail to deliver.

and say they do splash the cash on new players - 3 years down the line, we are back to square one.

I think we should consider a breakaway club - FC Burnden - and run it from the greyhound track - which has been cleared in preparation for this new stadia!

maybe, it is reebok themselves who are after buying the club.

i believe they have been trying to do so for years.

it makes sense to me.

I find it highly unlikely.

Why would a German company with no affinity to Bolton want to buy us? What's in it for Adidas to spend big?

so we sell up for ?45m. Eddie and PG get a nice pay day.

Then what, the new investors promise millions on players - but fail to deliver.

and say they do splash the cash on new players - 3 years down the line, we are back to square one.

I think we should consider a breakaway club - FC Burnden - and run it from the greyhound track - which has been cleared in preparation for this new stadia!

cracking idea =D>

No no no no no - I'd sooner us skint and in the hands of Eddie from Farnworth, than some dodgy foreigner whio'll get bored in a few years and will leave our beloved club up sh?t creek without a paddle :angry:

• Moderators
No no no no no - I'd sooner us skint and in the hands of Eddie from Farnworth, than some dodgy foreigner whio'll get bored in a few years and will leave our beloved club up sh?t creek without a paddle :angry:

thats the way i'm leaning on this one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.