Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson - New Boss Official

whiteboy

While I think the Megson appointment is ridiculous, what really gets my goat is the 2.5 year contract they've offered him.

FFS, sign him up until the end of the season and see what happens....you know....like proper clubs do.

Fat Garty out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After taking the new appointment in...

I feel a bit like I've been sent on a blind date by a mate with his bird's sister and I'm really disappointed with the way the wench looks (not just cos she's ginger) - especially as I was promised "I wouldn't be disappointed". I knew me mate was full of sh?te and the other lads warned me, but I thought because there was something in it for him, he'd sort me out with someone decent.

Anyway, after the initial disappointment I'm gonna have a few beers and see if things improve. Even if they don't, I'll give her a bang and see how she rides...

Oh and I just hope nobody sees me with her

As ever, Gartside is aware of fan devotion and knows that he can rely on 15,000 come what may.

Exactly, Gartside knows there are 000's of devoted fans who he can rely on because they will follow the club no matter what happens on or off the pitch.

Some would call it exploitation

Edited by White79

Exactly, Gartside knows there are 000's of devoted fans who he can rely on because they will follow the club no matter what happens on or off the pitch.

Some would call it exploitation

Tell you summat cocker, 15,000 will be a big crowd if we're struggling in the championship

Our fan base can and will shrivel rapidly if we start to struggle

It happened just 25 years ago

So if Gartside thinks like that he's badly, badly mistaken

I feel this appointment was a chance to save us from relegation, cheer up the fans and prove to the fans/players/world ... that the club has ambition [ not just say it ]

As Meatloaf once famously nearly said

0 out of 3 ain't good

Edited by Arnold Jackson

I feel this appointment was a chance to save us from relegation, cheer up the fans and prove to the fans/players/world ... that the club has ambition [ not just say it ]

As Meatloaf once famously nearly said

0 out of 3 ain't good

Agree with that - in another 10 games it'll be too late.

However, he's in now - may as well support him.

This was a perfect time for Gartside to get the fans imagination back with a high profile manager but instead he has pissed the fans off, and the attendances will start to dwindle very quickly if results do not start to improve.i still dont understand how a manager will the credentials of Megson could even be considered to manage a premiership club who is still in europe.It's totally baffling and really annoying.The club never seem to have money for transfer funds but they somehow find ?300,000 compo and a ?2.5m contract for a manager nobody wants.

GARTSIDE OUT NOW!!!!!

read the leicester sites , if there happy about him going what does that tell you !!!

one win in 7 league games for leicester

Exactly,his record is awful.nearly every club he has been at all have bad things to say about him. I dont understand what C.V gartside was looking a when he offered Megson the job,he must have been reading Mourinho's C.V on the internet at the time. I must add that it is not Megsons fault he got the job because it was Gartside who approached him and for Megson it is a job he couldn't turn down,so all my anger and fustration is aimed at clueless Gartside.

Quote from BBC today:

Possibly the most bizarre and clueless appointment this season.

Quote from BBC before Megson was appointed Leicester job:

Not Megson... please Milan no!!!

Makes me think LCFC will be chuffed to bits with this. Gartside has lost it.

Souness probably turned us down as he wasn't going to be given more than 10 bob to spend on new players.

Time for wholesale changes at the club, not just the Chairman but time to sell out to some Russian Billionaire, mind you I'd be happy with Anthony Axfords buying us at the moment.

Skin

feel sorry for you lot.

sourmess turning you down and megson as the new gaffer in a week, thats pretty shit.

you never know though, he may just turn your ship around, i think you needed new idea's, as i reckon little sam was trying to copy big sam in many ways, and was doing it badly, so at least its a total fresh start?

good luck anyway, although i dont like what your chairman said about allardyce and little sam being the brains etc (he looks pretty daft now anyway) and thought it was sad and bitter (i also dont think big sam left you the right way for the record), i wouldnt want to see you go down.

as i say, good luck, hoie he turns you round :good:

feel sorry for you lot.

sourmess turning you down and megson as the new gaffer in a week, thats pretty shit.

you never know though, he may just turn your ship around, i think you needed new idea's, as i reckon little sam was trying to copy big sam in many ways, and was doing it badly, so at least its a total fresh start?

good luck anyway, although i dont like what your chairman said about allardyce and little sam being the brains etc (he looks pretty daft now anyway) and thought it was sad and bitter (i also dont think big sam left you the right way for the record), i wouldnt want to see you go down.

as i say, good luck, hoie he turns you round :good:

The way Sam has conducted himself is one of the biggest disappointments in this whole sorry fook up.

HOLE THING IS A JOKE, NOT HIS FAULT HE IS SHIT AND HAS NO CHANCE OF DOING EWT.

HE IS JUST CHEAPEST OPTION WE COULD GET, FROM LEICESTER TO BAYERN MUNICH IN LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT NO WONDER HE JUMPED AT THE CHANCE.

LOAD OF SHYTE THE WHOLE AFFAIR - BET HE CANT WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!!! :angry:

The way Sam has conducted himself is one of the biggest disappointments in this whole sorry fook up.

i agree he didnt do things correctly... but gartside hasnt exactly acted well either has he? and he looks a tad silly now.

anyway, its by the by now, as i say, good luck for the season, i hope he turns you round to be honest

Not at all impressed, but I have to agree it is not Megson's fault, and I think we should give him 10 games, I doubt it will make much difference but 3 more points would put us mid table so a couple of decent results will put us in a better looking position, and hopefully increase confidence.

Hopefully people will support him and the players and save their protests about Gartside to outside the stadium or at least after the game. I seem to remember Gartside saying in the past that he would leave when Allardyce did, maybe he should have stuck to his word

i agree he didnt do things correctly... but gartside hasnt exactly acted well either has he? and he looks a tad silly now.

anyway, its by the by now, as i say, good luck for the season, i hope he turns you round to be honest

Hats off to you, fair play

I have a feeling in my water Megson won't be as bad as we're all making out...but everywhere I turn people are laughing at us

Hopefully we can develop a siege mentality and scramble our way out of this mess

i reckon little sam was trying to copy big sam in many ways, and was doing it badly, so at least its a total fresh start?

Wrong. Sammy Lee tried to change too much, too quickly that's why he failed. If he'd tried to 'copy' Allardyce he might still be in a job.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.