Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fa Cup - Shock Horror - United Draw At Home

MOOSE36

To be fair to them just read that out of their last 19 FA games they've only drawn non premiership opponents 3 times.

Yes, but out of these ties, how many have been at home :angry:

• Moderators
Yes, not like the feast of football we enjoyed when Man Utd played Chelsea last season.

aye but you it's still tough to call and worth a watch (without the hindsight of the fact it was turd)

unlike Man U V Millwall

I'd much rather see another Man U V Chelsea than Boro V West Brom

aye but you it's still tough to call and worth a watch (without the hindsight of the fact it was turd)

unlike Man U V Millwall

I'd much rather see another Man U V Chelsea than Boro V West Brom

West Brom are the most attacking side left in the competition other than Utd. I'd much rather watch two teams trying to win the game rather than two sides trying to cancel each other out.

West Brom are the most attacking side left in the competition other than Utd. I'd much rather watch two teams trying to win the game rather than two sides trying to cancel each other out.

but if West brom and manyoo are in the final i don't get any money from the sweep stake so you can cock off with that idea!

• Moderators

no they're not

they're just doing well in a sh?t league

pompey are a much better attacking team then they are

and do you think West Brom would go all out gung ho if they did get to the final against Chelsea?

• Moderators
No but i think that they would if they were playing Boro which was the potential final you referred to in your original point.

I agree, they probably would against Boro as they would more than likely have beaten Chelsea or Utd en route and would no doubt fancy their chances

of course it was purely hypothetical though

like the notion that west brom are the 2nd most attacking team left in the cup

• Moderators
Not neccessarily. They could get drawn against Pompey in the semi-final.

I know, that's why I said more than likely

because I think more than likely Utd would beat Pompey at home

in another scenario, West Brom could also use their attacking expertise to d?ck Chelsea 4-0 in another potential semi, or lose to Barnsley

so many permutations

Yes, but out of these ties, how many have been at home :angry:

I've just had a bit of a look.........

This season, they have played 1 away and 2 at home thus far (obviously will be 3 at home when they Portsmouth) all the games have been against Premier League opposition.

Last year when they got to the final, they had to play Reading, Middlesbrough and Watford all away from home. I can't be bothered to look any further back, but I don't think they get drawn at home anymore than anybody else in the competition as a rule

I've just had a bit of a look.........

This season, they have played 1 away and 2 at home thus far (obviously will be 3 at home when they Portsmouth) all the games have been against Premier League opposition.

Last year when they got to the final, they had to play Reading, Middlesbrough and Watford all away from home. I can't be bothered to look any further back, but I don't think they get drawn at home anymore than anybody else in the competition as a rule

I've had look, too.

Of the last fifteen FA Cup ties they've had that weren't replays or semi finals/finals, they've played seven at home (Pompey will be the eighth) and seven away.

Sorry to piss on anyone's chips.

• Moderators
I was pleased with the Cup draw.I don't want Middlesbrough or Portsmouth to get into the Europe by losing the cup final and Chelsea and Man Utd being kept apart is the best way for that to not happen.

that's the way I think as well

for me, you've got to earn your Euro wings

I wouldn't say no if it was us

but it's not

• Moderators
The only reason we're in Europe this season is because of the Man Utd v Chelsea F.A. Cup Final last season.

good point, though I meant earn by high league finishes or cup wins as opposed to losing a cup or a fair play draw (like City did)

and I did say

"I wouldn't say no if it was us

but it's not"

had it been the season before, west ham would've got our place, for losing in a final, there would've been uproar on here

Edited by ZicoKelly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.