Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Madrid

trotter58

Correct. And the pilot thought he wanted to plough the plane another 2 foot lower than the runway! At least Tom the pikey came round saying "would you loike another sandwich there". Was indeed a shambolic flight. 2 hour flight and 2 and a half ragging about at airports.

Knew it would be bad when the pilot said, we just had problems with one of the engines at heathrow, we think we got it fixed here in madrid. We think the disco lighting is because we only have one engine on at the moment blah blah blah!

Probably had an engine nicked in Madrid

For those who have mentioned the tour of Real Madrid's self-gratification empire as a highlight, yes it was good, yes we enjoyed it but think to yourself. What is the difference between them and Man Utd? Would you say the same after a tour of Old Trafford?

Best Bit

Spending an hour in Playa Mayor on the Wednesday, realising the bars are a rip-off so spent most of Thursday in Santa Ana before get a few cans to take into Playa Mayor at about 5PM.

Worst Bit

Has to be the site of a police horse charging directly at me in the queue outside gate 21

What is the difference between them and Man Utd? Would you say the same after a tour of Old Trafford?

I wouldn't put money into Man Utd's coffers and i'm sure there are many supporters of other teams in Spain who wouldn't do the Real Madrid tour but a tour of the Bernabau is as near as we'll ever get to it since it's highly unlikely that we'll ever play them.

For those who have mentioned the tour of Real Madrid's self-gratification empire as a highlight, yes it was good, yes we enjoyed it but think to yourself. What is the difference between them and Man Utd? Would you say the same after a tour of Old Trafford?

Best Bit

Spending an hour in Playa Mayor on the Wednesday, realising the bars are a rip-off so spent most of Thursday in Santa Ana before get a few cans to take into Playa Mayor at about 5PM.

Worst Bit

Has to be the site of a police horse charging directly at me in the queue outside gate 21

What's the connection between them and United?

Sorry Yatesy, this is pseudo-political claptrap. I just wanted to visit a big old football stadium cos I was there and I love football.

What next? Anyone beginning with M? Anyone in red? Anyone who plays football?

For those who have mentioned the tour of Real Madrid's self-gratification empire as a highlight, yes it was good, yes we enjoyed it but think to yourself. What is the difference between them and Man Utd?

Err, how about - i hate Man U, but have nowt against Real Madrid?

10 of us went on the Thursday, and just enjoyed looking around a fantastic stadium - couldn't really give a f?ck about Spanish football politics.

What is the difference between them and Man Utd?

Well :-

# the ticket office let us do the tour for free (two adults, one in a wheelchair, and one late-teen), or at least as much as a wheelchair could be taken.

# she'd pre-warned the entrance guys, who lifted the wheelchair up the two steps and took us to the lift up to the museum floor.

# the guys came after us in the museum to direct us to the easiest way out.

# the guys lifted the wheelchair back to pavement level.

# the guys directed us to a service tunnel gate, where another guy was pre-warned to let us in & take us to the pitch & dug-outs, then take us out again.

Not sure we'd get all that at Man U. Not that I'd want to try.

good bits

meeting jayjay and enzo on way out, very pleasent young men

our hotel was good

weds night was a good night

result

no real delays

some bits of madrid were really nice

bad bits

rough as fcuk thursday

buying duty free in madrid than realising had to do customs again in barcelona

spanish coppers

the other bits of madrid

half full ground

every fucker asking if i had 'survived' when got back home

To be honest my least enjoyable euro trip so far

What is the difference between them and Man Utd? Would you say the same after a tour of Old Trafford?

We had a good drink fuelled discussion about this on Thursday afternoon, it actually started whilst having a beer in the seats half way round the tour!

It came down to Real Madrid being to Spain what Man Utd are to England, a self glorifying club whom are almost cast adrift in their own country but have such a massive status in the world of football that any visitor to that part of the country just has to pay the ground a visit.

As trotter58 stated, would most football fans from rival clubs in Spain go on the tour - I doubt it, just as we are unlikely to pay to have a tour of Old Trafford.

We had a good drink fuelled discussion about this on Thursday afternoon, it actually started whilst having a beer in the seats half way round the tour!

It came down to Real Madrid being to Spain what Man Utd are to England, a self glorifying club whom are almost cast adrift in their own country but have such a massive status in the world of football that any visitor to that part of the country just has to pay the ground a visit.

As trotter58 stated, would most football fans from rival clubs in Spain go on the tour - I doubt it, just as we are unlikely to pay to have a tour of Old Trafford.

Whilst I don't like what R Madrid are and represent (Royal, yuk), I do like that they are bigger, have won more and have higher annual income than Man Yoo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.