Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwfc V Northampton Town

jonathan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't mind loosing as its only a cup game. we can now focus entirely on the prem. its just i'm gutted that we will now be without Cahill for at least 3 games!! Hope shittu and AOB can do well and form a good partnership!

See the thing is, Jonathan, I just can't get my head around that.

We put out a strong team (on paper), including players who we'll be relying on in the Prem during the season, and GM couldn't get a performace out of them. We played cr*p, got done over big-time by a football-playing average Div-3 side, and through being incompetent we've had a major player sent off & suspended.

I'm looking at the big picture and I DO mind.

:angry:

why the feck i went but i did.

atrocious wasn't the first word that came to mind, regarding the big man's performance.

he made their centre forward look brazilian, he looks like a schoolboy marking him right up his arse.

their forward looked like emile heskey will look when he's about 70 but slower!

sh1ttu nearly scored with a header and had a volley against the post in the first half.

but then he went back to his position and reality set in.

We need another striker, maybe Shittu is the answer. The guy obviously can't defend to save his life.

• Site Supporter
A very strong line-up indeed.

And we're available as long as 4/9 to win tonight.

That's almost like buying money!

Where do you buy your money Traf?

I might be able todo you a better deal...

if we beat wba at te weekend, even if it is 1-0 and the worst game ever all will be forgiven and forgotten. the main priority is the league this season. always has been. hope helgusson, riga and shittu can take something from the performance in gettin back to fitness, getting used to to english football and settling into the team respectively

Sorry again, Jonathan. Did you watch the game ?

Riga looked good (but was naturally substituted), Helgusson was pretty much anonymous, and Shittu should be giving you nightmares.

Sweetheart, please don't question the loyalty of folk on here.

agreed on that one the only questioning of anyone should be of the idiots who went tonight, myself included.

i forced my son to go as well for which i am truly ashamed.

There are no excuses, megson should not pull any punches, premiership players on mega money should need no motivation to beat these type of teams, the players obviously were not up for it, yet again it goes to show our lack of depth and quality, money needs spending and soon.

Spot on, Mounts. Tonight was appalling - showed how paper-thin we are.

Trouble is - only 6 days left.

Dont worry bout that red card it will not stand cheating fcuker just like the ref,

we should have beat them but

1/It was never a pen

2/Never a sending off

3/Last goal should have counted.Ref was a c unt.

MG, I'll have some of those rose-tinted specs, please !

I was almost as near as the ref to those three incidents and he was probably right about 2 & 3. Dunno about the pen - wrong angle.

Mind you, we should have had a 2nd-half penalty - for what it's worth in that awful display.

MG, I'll have some of those rose-tinted specs, please !

I was almost as near as the ref to those three incidents and he was probably right about 2 & 3. Dunno about the pen - wrong angle.

Mind you, we should have had a 2nd-half penalty - for what it's worth in that awful display.

We should have beat that shite yes and it was a bad performance

but that ref was a fcuking cheat all the way through the game he gave

them everthing.Were about did Cahill kick that girl? in the face?

Fcuk off to anybody that says it is Megsons fault.

He put out a side that should have hammered Northampton, that was all he could do.

Most of the players were shite, Riga looked ok but needs to settle in, Gardner played fairly well and Muamba was good. Apart from that they were wank, I agree with everything said about Shittu, he looks like a big clown, slow, clueless and has no technique. One thing that he has got going for him is that he is decent in the oppositions box.

Helgusson is not fit to sit on the bench, a waste of space.

Cahills challenge was dangerous but he didn't touch the faggot, if he had then he wouldn't of got up. The fact that he is missing for the next 3 games is my biggest worry from tonights match. Shittu will be a liability in the next 3 games judging on this performance.

As for the group of tw*ts that stood under the screen infront of me, and sung pointless childish songs all the way through, most of them slating Megson for nothing, they really didn't help.

Not happy <_<

No excuses, we were an embarrasment, and if we had scored and got through i'd have fully expected us to drop out voluntarily for being ragging shite.

That said, the ref was a red ginger who was desperate to see an upset. I swear at the end he was giving decisions to them just to spite Davo for arguing with him earlier in the game, every time he'd look over to SKD with a smug look on his face.

As one of the few loyal regulars i had the misfortune to witness one of the worst debuts ever by Shittu. He'll be a nightmare in the next 3 prem games. He's basically a big lower division clubber who looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I'd even play Muamba at the back instead

Maybe Glasgow Rangers knew something we didn't re-Shittu :blink:

Dont worry bout that red card it will not stand cheating fcuker just like the ref,

we should have beat them but

1/It was never a pen

yes it was

2/Never a sending off

yes it was

3/Last goal should have counted.Ref was a c unt.

job a blatent pushed their defender

megson has just lost 1 of his 3 lives absolute crap.

job is a poor version of majic roundabout ie roy greaves

• Site Supporter

just got back,got what we deserved toneet....foook all

shittu is worrying.seems to think his size and power will steamroll players,but he was made to look foolish several times.he needs to wisen up whilst cahill is out.

also for their second goal,both gardener and muamba were lazy in not closing down in the build up.

apart from this,they were two of our better players for me,but they were unproffesional for the goal.

comes as no surprise,but when Davies came on,Northampton were all over the place.he is easily our most important player

i am gutted tonight. can't believe people have said they aren't bothered about the result.

What a waste of time and money that was.

AOB and McCann should be embarassed about collecting any wages on that performance. And why Riga was brought off instead of Helgusson I'll never know. He was one of our best 2 players alongside Gardner. Shittu was a liability in our half, trying overhead kick clearances when he was the last man, and falling on his arse regularly.

When Davies and Nolan came on they were different class and the 2 of them created more chances in 15 minutes than the rest of the team had in 75. Without them we just looked like we had no-one that can score a goal.

Oh, and I was sat in line with the offside decision for the disallowed goal and it was offside. What wasn't spotted was that Nolan was offside from the initial ball that led to his goal. And it was a penalty too.

Edited by Sooty

AOB and McCann should be embarassed about collecting any wages on that performance. And why Riga was brought off instead of Helgusson I'll never know. He was one of our best 2 players alongside Gardner. Shittu was a liability in our half, trying overhead kick clearances when he was the last man, and falling on his arse regularly.

I thought AOB (along with Muamba, Davo and Nolan) was the only player to remotely look as though he'd ever played in the Premierleague before. Easily a class above our other defenders.

Agreed, it was rediculous how bad Joey was. It was like him and Samuel had had a pre-match bet to see who could be the most wank.

We'll probably get away with it for West Brom, but we need a new midfielder, and quick.

I think the team(on paper that started should have beaten them, but, I think the manager has to take some blame for his tactics/substitutions. We spend 95% of the time lumping the ball up to HH even though he didnt win a single header (i'm convinced if Northampton had sneezy and grumpy in defence he still wouldnt have won a header), no ideas, no way to change the game. Then bringing on Nolan and Davies (which he should have done at half time), but he took of Riga, and moved Gardner (who was our brightest looking attacker) to left back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.