Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fanzone Yesterday

Anyone go in. I thought the ting ting wannabes singing was pretty embarrassing like something out of the office, felt a bit sorry for them someone had decideded it would be a good idea....It wasn't. Then when I thought they couldn't get it more wrong the Reebok rebels came out to dance for us in some sort of Gary Glitter tribute. All seemed pretty pervy a group of kids in cheerleader outfits dancing for a group of middle aged blokes. Was rescued a bit by playing the Bayern Munich game afterwards but why couldn't they just do that from the start. Keep it simple, cheap beer, bwfc highlights, background music.. Seemed like a really bad pre suerbowl party yesterday.. Still fairplay to the club for doing it at all.

cheap beer, bwfc highlights, background music

That's all I wanted from it. I gave it a go a couple of times but after giving it a chance, I didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not sure who their target market is, but it's certainly not me.

• Site Supporter

I went in with family yesterday. We got there fairly early. They were playing the Bayern Munich highlights.

The one thing that got us to up sticks after one drink and have a walk to Scotts was the amount of dick-head parents who think it's OK taking their kids for a run around in the fanzone while they do their best to get pissed!

Note to parents: Your kids are YOUR responsibility. If your kid and their new best mate want to run about take them to a park. If they crash into each other and end up crying in a heap on the floor, go and pick them up and tell them to sit down and drink their pop while you finish off your 4 bottles of Fosters.

The Fanzone is not a Junior Whites extra party. It is a means for Bolton Wanderers to make some of the money that is being made by the local pubs.

Note to BWFC: By allowing kids to run about and generally misbehave, you are driving those of us who used to go in Scotts/Harvester, etc. back to those establishment.

Or am I being petty minded?

I went in the fanzone for the first time yesterday. I missed the early entertainment. They were screening the Bayern match when I arrived. Then the worst interviewer ever came on and asked Derek Scott some banal questions. Did anyone pick up the mistake when Scotty said that when he came to Bolton, Jeff Chandler I think he said went the other way. It might not have been Chandler that he said but he certainly didn't say Ray Deakin. Then Tony Kelly came on but I couldn't tell a word he said, mind you he is scouse. Then finally the duo Chamelian. They were bad. When they started to sing Let me Entertain You, I was sorely tempted to shout please do so if you can.

Mind you the opera singer before the game was better than I feared he was going to be. He even managed to stir it up between the fans by saying that when he sings Vincero, it was for Bolton.

I went in with family yesterday. We got there fairly early. They were playing the Bayern Munich highlights.

The one thing that got us to up sticks after one drink and have a walk to Scotts was the amount of dick-head parents who think it's OK taking their kids for a run around in the fanzone while they do their best to get pissed!

Note to parents: Your kids are YOUR responsibility. If your kid and their new best mate want to run about take them to a park. If they crash into each other and end up crying in a heap on the floor, go and pick them up and tell them to sit down and drink their pop while you finish off your 4 bottles of Fosters.

The Fanzone is not a Junior Whites extra party. It is a means for Bolton Wanderers to make some of the money that is being made by the local pubs.

Note to BWFC: By allowing kids to run about and generally misbehave, you are driving those of us who used to go in Scotts/Harvester, etc. back to those establishment.

Or am I being petty minded?

Keep calm

Keep calm

He's right though, I was sat watching the Bayern highlights with a few friends when a kid of about 8 or 9 started running round like a blue arsed fly and kept knocking the back of my chair as he did so. Not good at the best of times, but when your still half-baked from saturday night, it's even worse.

Anybody found any details on the duo that were on........

I wouldnt mind having a look at the female half of the duo again, couldn't see her properly from where I was stood. A combination of my bad eye-sight and saturday night on the lash.........

• Site Supporter
I noticed that MickyD didn't take kindly to his kids running round Asda yesterday.

That wasn't the kids, it was one kid and the wife! Don't know what he'd said to her but I'm guessing she didn't find it funny!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.