Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back The Team

Guest realbwfc

Fellaini is costing ?3 Million a season, over his 5 year Contract = ?15 Million.

Thats why we didnt get Moutinho, Porto wanted ?15 Million upfront.

Im not comparing the 2, no point.

are you saying the ?3m includes his wages ?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yatesy, I think youre right, perhaps this isnt the place for me. Apologies ladies and gents for any offence, perhaps I just gate crashed the wrong party.

Might give 606 a try- now that is desperate!

For those of you not interested-

Current favourite player Super Kev

Favourite Managers Bill Ridding, Bruce and Sam

Favourite games Reading and Preston play offs. The relief at the end.

All time favourite players Eddie Hopkinson, Sir Nat, Wyn Davies, Freddie Hill, Johnny B, Franny Lee

Franky W, Gudni, Eidur, Per, JJ, Youri, Super John, Ivan

Thank you for putting up with a sentimental old fool. Might see you at Chelsea.

Russell don't give up, there are a number of us that have been on here since it's conception, of late the lunatics seem to have taken over the asylum and the dozen or so that seem to openly support Megson despite some of his obvious failings are being allowed to run riot and berate anyone who doesn't share their viewpoint....if the mods are happy for a once great forum to be populated by this kind of poster then who am i to comment?

Having said that one Mod is perhaps the biggest contributor to some of the biggest load of tosh seen on this site.. eh cas?

That is why a majority of us have now resorted to viewing this forum and chuckling away to ourselves with the utter drivel spouted....

Believe me there are far more of us with a foot in your camp, than the megson is god and walks on water camp....

are you saying the ?3m includes his wages ?

No.

We, aparently Doubled his 15k a week wage = ?1.5 Million a year, lets say ?2 Million after bonus's.

That's ?5 Million a year he costs, not exactly breaking the bank, and a good way I think, to be buying on "potential".

If he doesn't work, then we sell him back to Liege for a fraction of the Final ?15 Million pound package.

If he is a success's, then its a snip.

Russell don't give up, there are a number of us that have been on here since it's conception, of late the lunatics seem to have taken over the asylum and the dozen or so that seem to openly support Megson despite some of his obvious failings are being allowed to run riot and berate anyone who doesn't share their viewpoint....if the mods are happy for a once great forum to be populated by this kind of poster then who am i to comment?

Having said that one Mod is perhaps the biggest contributor to some of the biggest load of tosh seen on this site.. eh cas?

That is why a majority of us have now resorted to viewing this forum and chuckling away to ourselves with the utter drivel spouted....

Believe me there are far more of us with a foot in your camp, than the megson is god and walks on water camp....

Are you fishing there? Coz it already looks like you've caught some tripe.

• Site Supporter

3 types:

mugson gang

megson is god camp

and the *balanced view.

*ok total balanced is very difficult, so many of those edge towards the other two camps.

but i dont think ANYBODY, not a single one is in the total god camp. thats the problem, the mugson lot can not see the balanced view whatsoever.

where as the so called 'god camp' actually have a balanced view and realistic expectations.

ALL IMO OF COURSE.

I didn't want him.

I think he's doing a reasonable job.

There's probably better out there ( I don't know who or where, though)

But he's here, so I'll back him and reassess in May.

If that makes me in the "Megson is God" camp, so be it.

• Moderators
Don't give up on the site Russell, there are a few on here who seem to delight in vetting new members, however, that will settle down, no need to rise to the bait, we need a wider range of poster opinions. You sound like a good and true white, that is good enough for me, welcome aboard.

Sorry but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

What a sad, miserable bunch of dickheads some of you are on here.

That's not going to enamor you to anyone or do you any favours is it? No vetting required here.

3 types:

mugson gang

megson is god camp

and the *balanced view.

*ok total balanced is very difficult, so many of those edge towards the other two camps.

but i dont think ANYBODY, not a single one is in the total god camp. thats the problem, the mugson lot can not see the balanced view whatsoever.

where as the so called 'god camp' actually have a balanced view and realistic expectations.

ALL IMO OF COURSE.

I agree with that. The Mugson camp always come across as angry and ready to jump on the slightest thing.

The balanced view has got to be the approach at this stage of the season.

We all know that things could be better but they could also be a damn sight worse.

I agree with that. The Mugson camp always come across as angry and ready to jump on the slightest thing.

We all know that things could be better but they could also be a damn sight worse.

As in WBA, Boro and the Bar Codes

I like this post and may plagiarise it, if you don't mind. :good:

• Moderators
I didn't want him.

seems at least two mods are in agreement with each other

As long as he's the manager of OUR team, he will get my backing. Whether I agree with his appointment or not.

Totally agree, we didnt win wars singing "The Captain is a wanka" or "You can stick yer fukin cannon up yer arse", our forefathers got on with it, supported each other and won. God bless Gary Megson =D>

• Site Supporter
Totally agree, we didnt win wars singing "The Captain is a wanka" or "You can stick yer fukin cannon up yer arse", our forefathers got on with it, supported each other and won. God bless Gary Megson =D>

is it possible to god bless our god?

Churchill begins his speach and from the oiks at the back a cry of 'You don't know what your doin' starts up

Yet another post about this site appearing on Rivals, this time Russell is mentioned on it. blink.gif

I wonder.....if this lot were traffic wardens in a previous existence?

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.p...=53632&st=0

Starts with someone called 'Russell Sprout' putting forward a perfectly polite and reasoned argument about Megson's limitations. The usual suspects then accuse him of being an existing member using a different alias to wind them up (he's not) He's then accused of only going 'since 1995' (he actually started going in 1957) and finally he's told that his 'stay will be a short one' if he's only there to 'have a go at people'!

So much for the idea that 'any view of the club is allowed on there providing you back it up with reasoned argument' eh?

http://www.rivals.net/Forum/pgePosts.aspx?...03&clubId=9

• Moderators

There's enough out of context and inaccurate quotes in there to make the BN proud. A prime example of someone twisting things to their own end.

It all leads me to wonder why the shitting hell this whopper keeps coming back here and indeed why anyone else on there gives a flying fuck.

There's enough out of context and inaccurate quotes in there to make the BN proud. A prime example of someone twisting things to their own end.

It all leads me to wonder why the shitting hell this whopper keeps coming back here and indeed why anyone else on there gives a flying fuck.

So it's not true that you moderators are dogsbodies at their place of work?

I feel so let down now.

• Members
I didn't want him.

I wonder if you get common sense like that on rival boards? Wouldn't have enough interest to even look. We get enough tossers on here.

Sums it up perfectly for me. He's here so back him. Owt else is counter productive.

I wonder if you get common sense like that on rival boards? Wouldn't have enough interest to even look. We get enough tossers on here.

Sums it up perfectly for me. He's here so back him. Owt else is counter productive.

The problem I have with the anti-megson bunch is that they only have one point of view, which I can take as long as they back it up with a well rounded opinion but most dont, a great many of us can see what hes trying to do, alright it doesn't always work, yes he as had a pop at the fans which maybe was not the best thing to do, but again I can see why he did it.

It it was a school report I would give Megson a c+ with a note saying plenty of room for improvment, and I think it will come

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.