Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Signings

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megson has hinted that a few might leave, those who haven't featured much this season (Hunt and Shittu), those on loan (Puygrenier, Smolarek and Makakula) though they haven't featured much and maybe one of our main players may be picked up by a bigger club. He has also said he needs a bigger squad so I think there may be a fair few signings rather than one or two big ones.

It's not midfielders we need, we have plenty of them, but more specifically midfielders who offer something new, i.e. a more attacking player. Assuming Shittu does leave I think we need 3 new Centre Halfs.

Megson has hinted that a few might leave, those who haven't featured much this season (Hunt and Shittu), those on loan (Puygrenier, Smolarek and Makakula) though they haven't featured much and maybe one of our main players may be picked up by a bigger club. He has also said he needs a bigger squad so I think there may be a fair few signings rather than one or two big ones.

It's not midfielders we need, we have plenty of them, but more specifically midfielders who offer something new, i.e. a more attacking player. Assuming Shittu does leave I think we need 3 new Centre Halfs.

Who you have in mind cahill?

Rumours in Birmingham are that Villa would be prepared to pay ?14m to take Cahill back due to Laursen's imminent retirement.

In that case, yank (see what I did there ?) the price up by ?10m ...... they can afford it.

a fit gardner should still be our left back

increases the need for us to find a midfielder with some fcuking speed

Agree entirely, think the lack of Rickys pace today was part of the problem. Oh and the fact that he is one of the few in the team who might do something as radical as run with the ball and beat a man!!

A left back for me is a priority - just think how little is created down our left hand side in open play. JLS doesn't know what he is going o do next, so god help his team mates in trying to anticipate

Leedswhite have you watched Boltons games this season?? J Lloyd has played well and has been one of the better players. He is one of the few players that runs at people and attacks. He gets down the line more than Taylor and hes a fullback. :pardon:

Leedswhite have you watched Boltons games this season?? J Lloyd has played well and has been one of the better players. He is one of the few players that runs at people and attacks. He gets down the line more than Taylor and hes a fullback. :pardon:

That's the beauty of different opinions. Pre Christmas for me average, since then poor. He may run at people but he certainly doesn't beat them very often and have you ever seen a cross that has led to anything??

Poor player for me, and a definite need to improve this position.

what we really need is somone in midfield who can take the pressure off by putting their foot on the ball and spraying decent passes - easier said than done but it would give decent service to Elmander who I still think has goals in him.(he is clearly low on confidence) it would also help Muamba break up play and then pass it off in the same way that speed used to. It might also give him some encouragement to crack a few rather than looking to pass. We also need somone to partner Cahill at centre back but thats obvious to most.

That's the beauty of different opinions. Pre Christmas for me average, since then poor. He may run at people but he certainly doesn't beat them very often and have you ever seen a cross that has led to anything??

Poor player for me, and a definite need to improve this position.

Iv seen plenty of crosses go into the box and corners being won from J Lloyd. I think the problem is more with how deep we are as a team when the ball goes into the box. There is usually only 1 man in the box.

Iv seen plenty of crosses go into the box and corners being won from J Lloyd. I think the problem is more with how deep we are as a team when the ball goes into the box. There is usually only 1 man in the box.

JLS has been one of the few bright sparks this season for me, he defends well and supports whoever is infront of him. I admit he struggles when there isnt a winger/ wide man on his side but so would steinsson if he didnt have davies or taylor in front of him.

I think we need a pacey left winger (as Ricardo is injury prone) and a decent creative midfielder. If you look back to the allardyce days when we had stellios and dioufy down the wings we always looked a decent threat going forward!! We also need a fall back plan if elmander's form doesnt pick up (however I think it will).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.