everton - when fit middle four will be

arteta - passer

a tackler holding,

piennar wide - 2 foot 3

prob donavon other side

two up top or one plus cahill

im 30 odd and saw alot of football either live or on tv

spurs

huddlestone is a 16 stone brick shithouse...

and is better than both davies and wilshere.

2 wide men? wouldnt call krancjar a true wide man, very much a taylor type wide man, ie not a winger, but a player that will come inside more often than not.

everton, youve missed out one of the best holding midfielder in the league in fellani.

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

biggest frustration is our passing up the pitch

we create bits of a sniff and then either cross straight at the full-back or underhit/overhit the pass when we're looking to thread something through

confidence?

ability?

while im at it, muamba got booked and i don't think there was contact

elmander worked his bollocks off, with no reward.

ive still yet to see (the pacey) lee go past a fullback.

If you dont think hes been in our best 2 or 3 players this season your watching a different game of football. Its not just about beating a man thought it helps. some of his movement and little one twos are fantastic. could easily have had goals from them type of moves v fulham and unlucky v liverpool.

Who said it was simply about tackling? Take a look at Man Utd's team against Portsmouth. Two players playing central midfield, their job is simple, and in turn they allow the more creative players to make the team tick

Do you even know who the players are?

im getting told its about tacklers, its not i agree its about keeping it simple while you need someone in middle of park (aside from your ball winner) to keep it simple, to pass the ball to GIVE PEOPLE AN OPTION TO PASS THE BALL TOO (like fletcher or carrick do). too many times the ball breaks down in the middle of our pitch cos technically cohen isnt good enough (footballing brain wise). m davies could play alongside muamba and "keep it simple"

We really are missing Klasnic,no cutting edge tonight at all,pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sad.gif

we are missing him badly. he can get a goal from nowhere. excellent footballing brain. may not run half as much as elmander but the positional side of his game is different class, his touch his different class

wilshere will never play for bolton again in 2 man centre midfield again after that 1st 10 mins, he was appalling, didnt know what he was doing.

city just passed him by, but as soon as coyle switched him and cohen it was a different game.

is wilshere a left winger, id say no but he did reasonably well today.

i think m davies and wilshere are very similar, so id be suprised if they both ever start a game together.

they are both very tidy but far too lightweight imo to play in the same midfield, especially away from home.

i think you struggle to play wilshire in a 4 4 2 agree. his best position is blantanly in the hole behind one fwd with 2 wide men either say. i

• Site Supporter

i think you struggle to play wilshire in a 4 4 2 agree. his best position is blantanly in the hole behind one fwd with 2 wide men either say. i

fuck me, i agree with something you said....

but i am a good teacher.

• Site Supporter

Irrespective of what style of football we play, we need better quality on crosses and final balls, and a better front pairing. Davies seems like he's trying to control Zebedee- it's only a football, and too much time moaning at the ref; Elmander worked hard etc but seems too nice; some fooker give him a kick early on please and give him an adrenalin rush. Chungy's looking to play into feet and go again, as was Willshere- our forwards should watch Tevez's movement into space and control of the ball.

Second half we offered virtually no goal threat and that needs to change quickly.

• Site Supporter

Don't know if anyone else has noticed something.

We're simply a bit shit.

there were a lot of positives tonight, i thought we did ok in patches.

problems were ricketts at centre back, robinson at left back, and (queue snowball abuse (see what i did there thumbsup.gif ) davies up front )

swap them lot with, terry, cole and drogba and we'll be fine...

Edited by HomerJay

Wilshere = football genius... the new Gazza... will be awesome!

Knight getting better, but please stop hitting it high into the air when the midfield pass is on.

Elmander... sorry but I've seen enough... rubbish!

Wilshere and Weiss could save us! Well done Coyle for bringing em... but please pick em!

wilshere will never play for bolton again in 2 man centre midfield again after that 1st 10 mins, he was appalling, didnt know what he was doing.

city just passed him by, but as soon as coyle switched him and cohen it was a different game.

is wilshere a left winger, id say no but he did reasonably well today.

i think m davies and wilshere are very similar, so id be suprised if they both ever start a game together.

they are both very tidy but far too lightweight imo to play in the same midfield, especially away from home.

i agree with what ur saying re the 4 4 2 - his bet positon i think will be in the hole behind one fwd. 2 wingers, 2 behind. at home those two being muamba/ m davis. also i suppose you can argue the case for away from home not playing them together.

4 4 2 no way you can play m davies and wilshire together, think you can in 4 5 1 - defo at home, odd aways.

i dont think hes a left winger, i think hes going to play weiss isnt it?

all this talking about midfield (debating) has took my mind off that LEFT BACK POSITION. Cant keep playing him, liability. I dont know how the lad has made it a pro. A kicking bully is all he is.

• Site Supporter

Wilshere = football genius... the new Gazza... will be awesome!

Knight getting better, but please stop hitting it high into the air when the midfield pass is on.

Elmander... sorry but I've seen enough... rubbish!

Wilshere and Weiss could save us! Well done Coyle for bringing em... but please pick em!

not sure how you could call elmander on tonights effort?

he looked our most dangerous player by a country mile.

Can't see us getting many away points with two wide men and Wilshere in the team. Just a bit worried about one wide man with him in.

Since City sold Dunne their weakness has been in the air at the back. Unfortunately the quality of our crossing didn't expose them (one by Steinsson an honourable exception) and we weren't going to score playing through the middle.

• Site Supporter

i agree with what ur saying re the 4 4 2 - his bet positon i think will be in the hole behind one fwd. 2 wingers, 2 behind. at home those two being muamba/ m davis. also i suppose you can argue the case for away from home not playing them together.

4 4 2 no way you can play m davies and wilshire together, think you can in 4 5 1 - defo at home, odd aways.

i dont think hes a left winger, i think hes going to play weiss isnt it?

all this talking about midfield (debating) has took my mind off that LEFT BACK POSITION. Cant keep playing him, liability. I dont know how the lad has made it a pro. A kicking bully is all he is.

fair enough.

JLS and gardner are both better leftback imo. but my opinion dont mean shit, coyle picks the team and obviously beleives all our leftbacks are shit, hence ricketts was playing there before injuries.

dont think we could EVER start with 2 true wingers, we just aint good enough.

Edited by HomerJay

Robinson is useless, that tackle was a disgrace.

Man City we're not creating anything, we we're on top and he went and did that, hope he gets dropped.

They we're poor City tonight, we created enough to score more than 2.

At times we played some nice football, 1 touch and created gaps. Wilshere has good feet, Lee was good at times aswell, i think he should of opened is body up [henry esk]and side footed the ball instead of the toe poke which was weak. Elmander played o.k, he hit the post near the end but he hardly had a chance to score. He had a coupld of average attempts from outside the area.

Zat Knight is not one of my fave players, but tonight he played really well, his recent form is a good blessing considering we have lost Cahill.

Ricketts did well also, he made one mistake which Adebayor should of punished, but he and Knight hardly had to cope with a lot of pressure.

Jussi was very unlucky, 9 out of 10 times that would of been saved, but that's our luck at the moment, i bet if Jussi did a clearance like Given that hit Elmander then it would of gone in, we have bad luck and are getting cheated it seems by the refs. That was not a foul by Elmander, that was a penalty to Bolton!!!

. Gallas not sent off.

. Lee v Liverpool- hardly a dive, but that's debatable i know.

. Davies goal v Fulham.

. Elmander penalty v City.

All recent matches, what is going on? it's becoming a joke.

Good to see Taylor dropped because he's been poor, but that also goes for Cohen, why did we let him have that freekick in the 45th minute? he had no confidence at all. He did one good tackle to deny Barry in the box but his game was poor and his off the ball movement wasn't providing team work.

Muamba had a good effort from 30 yards, but then showed his lack of composure from the following corner, he should of kept it down and it may of took a deflection or summat.

Robinson has let down the team, he really could of been sent off for that bad tackle on SWP, he's had some o.k games but he's not good enough IMO.

Not a bad performance, we can go to Wigan and Blackburn and get points. Someday our luck will change! it's an easy excuse and we don't just lose to luck and the refs but it's does happen a lot recently and gives us a mountain to climb especially when we don't score many, 0 goals in 3 games. Well we did score against Fulham but 1 man didn't see it like that.

Not seen Bolton take the piss like they did in the 20th minute, Ricketts won the ball, did a few 1 touch passes with Robinson, then we passed it for fun around Viera for fun and the Bolton fans we're chanting 'ole! was impressive.

2-0 and another loss. City will play a lot better, it's a shame we couldn't take our chances and get the breaks we don't seem to be getting.

Promising performance, especially with Klasnic and Cahill out. I'm sure Wiltshire will be a regular for the rest of the season, he looks class.

One thing that I don't get is what Gardner has done to be dropped down the pecking order, he's always done well when given the chance the season. I'd have him infront of Robison at LB, Taylor at LM and Cohen at CM.

spurs

huddlestone is a 16 stone brick shithouse...

and is better than both davies and wilshere.

2 wide men? wouldnt call krancjar a true wide man, very much a taylor type wide man, ie not a winger, but a player that will come inside more often than not.

everton, youve missed out one of the best holding midfielder in the league in fellani.

yep fellaini the holder. arteta next to him. piennar one side, donovan other. cahill behind saha.

knows how to build a side moyes, on not a great outlay (few players cost alot but usually financed from sale proceeds)

Theres been plenty drivel from you tonight, but thats a belter....

I've learnt my lesson, pointless wasting my time debating football with a "expert"

PS Forget to mention Tarian, good luck with your window cleaning with your tongue tomorrow

ha nice one u muppet.

bet your a tracksuit wearing doleite chav that i see at home games. that would be my first guess

not sure how you could call elmander on tonights effort?

Not calling his effort Jay... I am just giving up on him ever being a Premiership striker. He's rubbish! I am not angry at him. I won't boo him. I will continue to cheer him all I can when I'm at the stadium. But too long have we waited for either goals, creativity, power, strength, courage, pace, guile. He's got none! Would struggle in Championship and at Premiership level he's rubbish!

I actually think Klasnic is a far better footballer, even if he wasn't a fantastic finisher... so I will now pray his injury clears up soon.

Come on you Whites!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.