Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Citeh 2 Wanderers 0 Final Score

Played well tonight, some nice passing moves jsut didn't get the rub of the green, it happens. Just gotta keep going, we'll win thanks to an own goal and all will be well again.

Pissed off with refereeing decisions costing us though. Clear penalty, makes it 1-1 at half-time, confidence up and who knows. Just look painfully short of confidence at the moment, but then its a new style, new system and some new players to bed in.

There's enough there for me to think we'll be ok, it'll be tight, but then it always is as a Wanderer. Clear out over the summer, give Coyle a full window and a pre-season - the future's bright.

What I don't get is the same mongtards who were on Megson's back every week are now searching for their next pariah and it's embarrassing. Yes, Robinson is poor - he got done by a good winger - won't be the first won't be the last.. Yes Cohen isn't Kaka and yes players make mistakes. Half the mistakes and lack of confidence are cus they know they'll get a bollocking from the stands. 5 minutes in tonight before the tw*t next to me shouting "F*ck off back to London Wilshere you're shite". Jesus wept.

Robinson is useless, that tackle was a disgrace.

Man City we're not creating anything, we we're on top and he went and did that, hope he gets dropped.

They we're poor City tonight, we created enough to score more than 2.

At times we played some nice football, 1 touch and created gaps. Wilshere has good feet, Lee was good at times aswell, i think he should of opened is body up [henry esk]and side footed the ball instead of the toe poke which was weak. Elmander played o.k, he hit the post near the end but he hardly had a chance to score. He had a coupld of average attempts from outside the area.

Zat Knight is not one of my fave players, but tonight he played really well, his recent form is a good blessing considering we have lost Cahill.

Ricketts did well also, he made one mistake which Adebayor should of punished, but he and Knight hardly had to cope with a lot of pressure.

Jussi was very unlucky, 9 out of 10 times that would of been saved, but that's our luck at the moment, i bet if Jussi did a clearance like Given that hit Elmander then it would of gone in, we have bad luck and are getting cheated it seems by the refs. That was not a foul by Elmander, that was a penalty to Bolton!!!

. Gallas not sent off.

. Lee v Liverpool- hardly a dive, but that's debatable i know.

. Davies goal v Fulham.

. Elmander penalty v City.

All recent matches, what is going on? it's becoming a joke.

Good to see Taylor dropped because he's been poor, but that also goes for Cohen, why did we let him have that freekick in the 45th minute? he had no confidence at all. He did one good tackle to deny Barry in the box but his game was poor and his off the ball movement wasn't providing team work.

Muamba had a good effort from 30 yards, but then showed his lack of composure from the following corner, he should of kept it down and it may of took a deflection or summat.

Robinson has let down the team, he really could of been sent off for that bad tackle on SWP, he's had some o.k games but he's not good enough IMO.

Not a bad performance, we can go to Wigan and Blackburn and get points. Someday our luck will change! it's an easy excuse and we don't just lose to luck and the refs but it's does happen a lot recently and gives us a mountain to climb especially when we don't score many, 0 goals in 3 games. Well we did score against Fulham but 1 man didn't see it like that.

Not seen Bolton take the piss like they did in the 20th minute, Ricketts won the ball, did a few 1 touch passes with Robinson, then we passed it for fun around Viera for fun and the Bolton fans we're chanting 'ole! was impressive.

2-0 and another loss. City will play a lot better, it's a shame we couldn't take our chances and get the breaks we don't seem to be getting.

nail on your head here with your comments on the individual players

• Members

Moving back from the tripe - I thought we at least matched them in all areas tonight except cutting edge. Not disillusioned and expecting points from our next few games.

Wolves and West Ham to get done Wednesday neet and I'll be reasonably happy.

Moving back from the tripe - I thought we at least matched them in all areas tonight except cutting edge. Not disillusioned and expecting points from our next few games.

Wolves and West Ham to get done Wednesday neet and I'll be reasonably happy.

Can see west ham getting something tomorrow. I dont see them going down primarily as theyve 8 home games left against "lesser sides". before anyone says it yes the lesser sides may be harder to play at this stage of the season, 6 pointers every week etc. i dont see them getting many points on the road (liv, man u, arsenal, chelsea, everton to play i believe)

if im brutally honest i think its 2 from 4 (to go with ports) from burn, hull, us an hull. wigan have 8 homes left which is why i think theyll escape, next week them v us will partly determine whether theyre involved (cant help but think us having a cup game and them having a weekend off is going to help them). Sunderland are interesting, cant buy a win at min. 26 points, prob only need 12 and theyre home games left look winnable

Yesterday i was very worried by the news that Cahill was out for the season, but Znight has really stepped up his game under Coyle.

He was very poor under Megson, mistakes, own goals and not using his obvious presence to his advantage.

If we can keep up this form, and hopefully O'Brien plays like he did when he was our best defender 2 seasons back then we should be o.k, we have attacking player to cause problems, we have scored goals this season, but we need to take more of our chances, Knight and the rest are not always going to play well.

Knight should of gone for goal with his header tonight instead of trying to pick out a man, his late headed that went over was difficult wasn't easy. He does still just smack it in the air, once the ball bounced about inside our own half and he had space but he just smacked it in the air, but he does seem to win everything in the air now and even had the confidence to skin Tevez, just like he did against Fabregas!

If our midfielders and attackers have belief in the defence, that might not get them to defend has deep as much and keep them in promising areas, so players like Robinson making mistakes isn't good for team morale, if i did not have belief in the defence for the sake of the team i would want to help out, but if i did i would still work hard and track back but still have confidence that we can deal with opponents and know they can give me the ball and we can create chances of our own.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

The only "positive" i can take from tonight is that we should come across some teams that are weaker than City before the end of the season - Although they weren't exactly on fire.

Tonight really worried me. Tonight's team looked toothless & we haven't got a fit, goal scoring centre forward. Davies & Elmander haven't formed any sort of partnership yet & Elmander can run from now till Christmas - he'll still not be able to finish. I'm really struggling to see where the goals will come from until Klasnic comes back.

Maybe we'll have more firepower with Weiss in there & Wilshire with a few games under his belt.

Their bench cost more than our squad. We lacked cutting edge and Robinson being on a mission to take us to a level he's more comfortable with.

I think our lack of cutting edge is the main issue. We didn't really look like scoring tonight. Too much pressure is put on us to keep a clean sheet and against teams like City, once we're one behind, we don't seem capable of creating enough chances to score twice.

We played quite well in spells in the first half. Wilshere looked a quality player at times, but his talent is wasted playing wide midfield. I'd much prefer wilshere in central midfield were he can get on the ball more. Preferably in place of Cohen. He's not offering enough either defensively or going forward.

Thought that Knight was our best player again tonight. 3 good performances in a row and looking a lot more confident.

Hopefully we'll never see Robinson again after that dreadful performance tonight. Get Ricky G back there

Still think our problem is a mental one where our midfield cannot control or boss a game ie Muamba and Cohen are not those type of players like Campo Nolan Speed .

Just got back. Was sat in the City posh section.

Hats off to the Wanderers fans, kept singing for 95mins.

City fans, shite.

I was impressed with Wilshere after the first few minutes, seemed to have a touch of class. The only problem was that some of the others weren't on the same wavelength as him.

Will be interesting to see what he does with Weiss, Wilshere, M Davies and Lee. Maybe Weiss or Wilshere in a free role.

From my view we seemed to set up as 3-5-2 at the start, but maybe mistaken, Robinson seemed to start further forward. And Robinson was poor, Coyle mustn't be impressed with JLS and Gardner in training. I would like to see Klasnic and Elmander given a start together, but can't see that happening unless it is in the Cup. Elmander would possibly do better with someone with a good first touch he seems to make a run but by the time Davies has controlled the ball it is too late.

Hopefully we'll never see Robinson again after that dreadful performance tonight. Get Ricky G back there

I've just seen the penalty again that Robinson gave away. He actually points to the ball to claim he got it in the tackle. I was nearer the ball and I was sat on the settee.

He lacks pace and positional sense but if Owen thinks he's our best option then I'll go with it but I think he may be rested on Sunday.

If coyle wants us to play football then youve got to play people who'll pass and move - like we've seen a bit off wilshire. Like we see from the korean. Tell me what cohen brings to the game?

why bother waiting to go two down before bringing davies on. pointless. s hit sub he made sat to taking davies off and leaving cohen on.

oh and for the record i shouted "Send him off" when robinson lunged in. If thats the only way he doesnt start bring it on

Well you are a complete tit then aren't you?

wheres the tacklers in the man u side? dont give me that nonsense. we've got muamba to do that thats all you need infront of the back four. Along with anotger centre mid who can put his foot on the ball - doesnt have to stray too forward either. home games - two attacking wingers, aways go a bit more defensive if you want and play people who are more likely track back and help (ie taylor instead of weiss)

You have just said that he is awful. Make your fucking mind up.

Guest bwfcdan

Thought we played some good stuff at times last night, but again poor mistakes cost us the game. No need for Robinson to dive in, absolutely stupid challenge. Thought Wilkshire played some good football. Elmander worked hard tonight, just needs a bit of luck in front of goal. Knight was our best defender by far last night. On another note, thought the wanderers fans played there part, got behind the team for the whole 90 minutes at stuck around at the end to applaud the players.

Roll on Sunday! COYW!! =D>

Still think our problem is a mental one where our midfield cannot control or boss a game ie Muamba and Cohen are not those type of players like Campo Nolan Speed .

YES - SPOT ON.

You have just said that he is awful. Make your fucking mind up.

I dont think he's awful, i said HES BEEN PLAYING AWFUL. which he has. he was one of best players last season with davies, cahill and jaaskelainen. The only four performers on a regular basis. Hasnt been the same player this season, particularly last couple of months. Doesnt look fit to me.

Robinson should be third choice left back surely Coyle will give either Ricky or jls a go on Sunday .

Personally I would start with both of them, our left side just doesnt gell ie Robinson/Taylor .If either Ricky or jls

arent doing it then we have the Weis boy to come on .At least it would be pass & move on that side rarther than huff & boot.

Zak Knight had another good game which is encouraging , Shittu should be given a chance on Sunday if O'Brien isnt fit

because Ricketts goes walkabout at centre half & is clearly not comfortable in that position, I know its a scarry proposition Shittu

against Defoe but he should be given a chance .

Steinsons distribution is poor bring back Nicky Hunt from Derby , Steinson would be a better emergency centre half option than

Ricketts.

Our midfield was quite effective last night but do we really need Muamba & Cohen or just one or the other? dont get me wrong I

thought both were competent but no threat going forward.

lets comment on Coyles selection decisions after the next 6 games where we have games against teams in and around us. We were never irrespective of who was going to play get loads of points out of Arsenal twice,Liverpool and City. We have showed steady improvements and if we play like we have been against Jackburn,Wigan twice etc then we'll grab a few wins.

lets comment on Coyles selection decisions after the next 6 games where we have games against teams in and around us. We were never irrespective of who was going to play get loads of points out of Arsenal twice,Liverpool and City. We have showed steady improvements and if we play like we have been against Jackburn,Wigan twice etc then we'll grab a few wins.

Exactly

We as fans also need to do our part as we did last night and get behind the team over the rest of the season. Our next 6 games are crucial. 9 points out of the next 6 a minimum for me. COYWM

I actually think in defence we have quite a strong line, even without cahill! I thought knight was spot on again last night; played well and marshalled the troops well to get them out etc! Yes midfield is slightly weaker but we have runners, wingers and creative players now, the type we haven't seen since fransen, jensen and johanson (I'm not comparing)!

Up front is where we have serious issues, davies hasn't played well for months and doesn't look interested, elmander can't hit a barn door and klasnic is out!

Oh and I do think it maybe time to finally give Habsi that chance in the Premiership!

but neither are any of the other midfielders at the club.

in fact the closest to such a player is mccann!

Good lord, no thanks. Hopefully wont see him on the park again.

What about Sean davis when hes fit? Seem to remember him being comfortable on the ball in his earlier years.

Robinson should be third choice left back surely Coyle will give either Ricky or jls a go on Sunday .

Personally I would start with both of them, our left side just doesnt gell ie Robinson/Taylor .If either Ricky or jls

arent doing it then we have the Weis boy to come on .At least it would be pass & move on that side rarther than huff & boot.

Zak Knight had another good game which is encouraging , Shittu should be given a chance on Sunday if O'Brien isnt fit

because Ricketts goes walkabout at centre half & is clearly not comfortable in that position, I know its a scarry proposition Shittu

against Defoe but he should be given a chance .

Steinsons distribution is poor bring back Nicky Hunt from Derby , Steinson would be a better emergency centre half option than

Ricketts.

Our midfield was quite effective last night but do we really need Muamba & Cohen or just one or the other? dont get me wrong I

thought both were competent but no threat going forward.

In the worlds most ironic post a poster with the name 'take hunt off' wants the same player to come back and save our season.

Nicky Hunt was a decent player who's confidence was ruined by the boo boys.

Cohen is fucking garbage, in fact I may well change my username, if only i knew how.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.