Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Rumours

Yak might be available, I can't say I rate Sean Davies, and if we go with 5 in midfield that will leave Davies as a frontman, I'm all for Rooney doing it for England but not Davies at Bolton, Don't see Coyle dropping him.

I guess it would be a 4-5-1/4-3-3 but I would prefer Klasnic and Davies or a really pacey striker with Davies to go with the 4 man midfield of what I did above.

So you wouldn't play Stu Holden? I've only seen him for 1/2hr in last match and he looks useful, will be like a new signing this season.

As good a player as Petrov may be, a midfield of him, Wilshere and Lee is pretty lightweight and I could see us being over-run fairly easily.

Don't get me wrong I'd sign Petrov, but according to Citeh boys he goes into hiding a bit when things aren't going their way

Don't get me wrong I rate Holden, and I think he will have a promising future with us. But I would prefer a 4-4-2 system, if we get Wilshere back and we do sign Petrov, it then gives us options.

I guess at home we could go 4-4-2 and away play the 4-5-1/4-3-3, With pace and creativity on the wings and with Muamba as the holder it will let Wilshere and Holden express themselves I think it would be good. It's like what we had with Anelka, Diouf and Davies, a mix of pace, power and skill.

? Muamba ?

Holden ........... Wilshere

Lee ................................. Petrov

? Davies ?

• Site Supporter

Don't get me wrong I rate Holden, and I think he will have a promising future with us. But I would prefer a 4-4-2 system, if we get Wilshere back and we do sign Petrov, it then gives us options.

I guess at home we could go 4-4-2 and away play the 4-5-1/4-3-3, With pace and creativity on the wings and with Muamba as the holder it will let Wilshere and Holden express themselves I think it would be good. It's like what we had with Anelka, Diouf and Davies, a mix of pace, power and skill.

? Muamba ?

Holden ........... Wilshere

Lee ................................. Petrov

? Davies ?

so we need a fatter muamba and a fatter davies???

Does anyone know much about Craig Dawson at Rochdale?

I've not seen much of him actually playing, but i've heard a lot of good things about this lad. I'm surprised we haven't been linked with him in the media considering him being a local lad tipped for a promising future

Middlesbrough have reportedly offered ?400,000, but Rochdale are supposedly holding out for a a seven figure sum. I think it would be worth a gamble as cover with the chance of future progression, a better option than Shittu???

Also another name to throw into the mix, seeing as we missed out on Dindane, I think we should have a look at his Ivory Coast team mate, Lacina Traore, 6"7, fairly quick, still only 20, would fit in well with Coyles style of play. Similar type of player to Adebayor. Should be available for around ?3.5m, Arsenal have been sniffing, but nothing concrete.

Guest Frandsen08

Does anyone know much about Craig Dawson at Rochdale?

I've not seen much of him actually playing, but i've heard a lot of good things about this lad. I'm surprised we haven't been linked with him in the media considering him being a local lad tipped for a promising future

Middlesbrough have reportedly offered ?400,000, but Rochdale are supposedly holding out for a a seven figure sum. I think it would be worth a gamble as cover with the chance of future progression, a better option than Shittu???

Also another name to throw into the mix, seeing as we missed out on Dindane, I think we should have a look at his Ivory Coast team mate, Lacina Traore, 6"7, fairly quick, still only 20, would fit in well with Coyles style of play. Similar type of player to Adebayor. Should be available for around ?3.5m, Arsenal have been sniffing, but nothing concrete.

my mate goes to rochdale quite a lot and he really rates him, and reckons he wont be at rochdale next year, supposedly scouts are out to watch him nearly every game so he'll be hard to keep hold of.

Guest Frandsen08

Suprised they have freed Benjani did he not cost a few million on the last day of the transfer window a couple of years ago?

i dont think citeh are short of a few bob.

According to several city season ticket holders here, Petrov is not a good un...had a couple of bad knee injuries, does not like a tackle or a header and would certainly not relish a away fixture at Stoke...

Decent squad addition but not a starter...

I hope this isn't a indication of the type of player Coyle see's as adding "strength" to our team...

Guest Frandsen08

My link Wouldn't mind him, showed alot of promise with forrest. Would be a good addition.

not bad, not for 5mill though.

Guest Frandsen08

Ballack or Joe Cole anyone :pardon:

a horrible kraut or a whinging prick who hates the reebok and the players tunnel. Tough one.

Edited by Frandsen08

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.