Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Rumours

Started to like the idea of the Blake signing, the more I think about it, effectively he will be the replacement for Vaz Te or Harsanyi.He will get games in the Carling and FA Cup and give an experienced option for Coyle to call on as an impact sub.I believe that at least 2 more strikers will come in yet and the rumours of a Riquelme deal, whilst criticised on here, would be an exciting prospect, the likes of which we have not seen since Okocha and Djorkaeff. We still have possibilities in respect of Ilan, Di Santo the Real kids and the Bolivian lad, not to mention Wilshere this augurs well for a more entertaining and exciting season. It would be nice to see other clubs having to worry about our team for a change and to have multiple potential matchwinners.

Already looking forward to August. In OC we trust!!

• Moderators

Started to like the idea of the Blake signing, the more I think about it, effectively he will be the replacement for Vaz Te or Harsanyi.He will get games in the Carling and FA Cup and give an experienced option for Coyle to call on as an impact sub.I believe that at least 2 more strikers will come in yet and the rumours of a Riquelme deal, whilst criticised on here, would be an exciting prospect, the likes of which we have not seen since Okocha and Djorkaeff. We still have possibilities in respect of Ilan, Di Santo the Real kids and the Bolivian lad, not to mention Wilshere this augurs well for a more entertaining and exciting season. It would be nice to see other clubs having to worry about our team for a change and to have multiple potential matchwinners.

Already looking forward to August. In OC we trust!!

you're easily excited

But you got them layers from a top team, they were still playing at a good level.

Riquelme is at Boca because he was off the pace at Villareal !

We signed Hierro from some Middle Eastern team.

Djorkaeff came from Kaiserslautern where he couldn't get a game, hardly a top team

Riquelme is playing at Boca one of the biggest clubs in south American football.

Riquelme is old and possibly past it hopefully OC can get him in on trial and see what happens.

If OC see's him as a good signing then so be it.

We signed Hierro from some Middle Eastern team.

Djorkaeff came from Kaiserslautern where he couldn't get a game, hardly a top team

Riquelme is playing at Boca one of the biggest clubs in south American football.

Riquelme is old and possibly past it hopefully OC can get him in on trial and see what happens.

If OC see's him as a good signing then so be it.

Djorkaeff fell out with the manager, his lack of football was not becasue of his lack of talent.

Hierro was rubbish, he made some decent passes, and you all w?nked over him, for nothing. You could see he WAS class, but thast NOT a successfull signing.

Gazza looked decent in Glimpses for us, you could see he had class, still a poor signing.

:lol:.....from Wiki...!

After just one year, Hierro returned to Europe, signing with English Premiership side Bolton Wanderers[4] on the advice of his English team-mate at Real Madrid, Steve McManaman, and teaming up with another former club employee, Iv?n Campo. He scored one league goal for Bolton, which came in a 3?2 loss at Norwich City in December 2004.[5] Even though he was hard-pressed by fans and manager Sam Allardyce to stay for a further campaign,[6] he announced his retirement from professional football on May 10, 2005.[7] He remained a fan favorite long after his departure, with the fans still singing a song created for him, and was widely regarded as one of the club's greatest ever players ever the world....

::lol::.....from Wiki...!

After just one year, Hierro returned to Europe, signing with English Premiership side Bolton Wanderers[4] on the advice of his English team-mate at Real Madrid, Steve McManaman, and teaming up with another former club employee, Iv?n Campo. He scored one league goal for Bolton, which came in a 3?2 loss at Norwich City in December 2004.[5] Even though he was hard-pressed by fans and manager Sam Allardyce to stay for a further campaign,[6] he announced his retirement from professional football on May 10, 2005.[7] He remained a fan favorite long after his departure, with the fans still singing a song created for him, and was widely regarded as one of the club's greatest ever players ever the world....

think someone on Didles level must've written that.

Hierro was shit at Centre half for his first 6 months or so, then Sam stuck him in midfield and he dictated play as someone of his experience and skill should do/

don't think he ever ran more than 5 yards at a time mind you.

• Moderators

I think it was his status people loved.

it was

you could count on one hand the number of good games he actually had

but, he had them none the less, and you could see he was class

but he was a madrid star and legend, not a bolton one

I'd rather someone be excited about BWFC signings than be permanently negative about every player link or signing.

It also makes a change from all the England nonsense we have had on this site. World cup winners? Now that is getting easily excited!

this window is going to have twists and turn, there is strong interest in Cahill and reported interest in LCY not sure both players will be here for the start of the season, priority is to try to keep these 2 onboard and then get Wilshere signed up, if no one else leaves the club I would be happy with the 2 madrid kids and Wilsher,Petrov,Blake and 1 other striker and 1 other centre half.

Guest Frandsen08

It's the most I've been looking forward to a season for a long time

Lets face it....anything could happen, we could be bottom 3 or challenging for Europa League come Xmas and neither would surprise most of us

Europa league is going on my christmas list this season :D

Are people taking that Riquelme link seriously?

It was a 2 bit piece by David Anderson of the Mirror, he tagged it at the end of an article linking us with Ilan again, who Coyle said he wasn't interested in whatsoever the previous time we were linked, so add it all together and it's certain bullshit.

It was a 2 bit piece by David Anderson of the Mirror, he tagged it at the end of an article linking us with Ilan again, who Coyle said he wasn't interested in whatsoever the previous time we were linked, so add it all together and it's certain bullshit.

Of course we are

It's pre-season

We get giddy over any owd bullshit

That's half the fun

I hope it's not bullshit. I've already got him on the back of my shirt.

I guess Allardyce was talking shit when he said Hierro was the second best midfielder in the prem for the second half of the season behind Lampard.

Just like 99% of the pap he ALWAYS talked then.

• Moderators

this window is going to have twists and turn, there is strong interest in Cahill and reported interest in LCY not sure both players will be here for the start of the season, priority is to try to keep these 2 onboard and then get Wilshere signed up, if no one else leaves the club I would be happy with the 2 madrid kids and Wilsher,Petrov,Blake and 1 other striker and 1 other centre half.

there'll always be a chance that cahill will leave

but CYL

no chance, he's staying

and I think the deal for the spanish striker lad is off

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.